• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Van der Vaart for Free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Always liked him - would strengthen us in a number of positions.

Rafael van der Vaart could spark a scrap for his signature after being told he could leave Real Madrid for free.

The Holland international is looking for a new club after the La Liga giants said he would be offloaded for around £10million, but a top football lawyer says he can go for nothing.

Madrid have not given a squad number to the 26-year-old, who has been linked to Chelsea and Liverpool, which has been interpreted by the international players' union as not respecting his contract.

FIFPro lawyer Wil van Megen said: 'It's obvious that Real is not planning to let Van der Vaart play and does not want to make use of his services anymore.

'He even did not get a player's number for the new season. In such a case they should let him walk away for free.

'Apparently he's worth nothing to them, so why should they ask a transfer fee?

'FIFA and the clubs always talk about players who should respect their contracts. But in this case Real is the one who is not respecting the contract.

'They have just written Van der Vaart off by refusing him to be a part of the team.

'In my opinion by acting in this way Real has lost the right to demand a transfer fee for this player.'

Van der Vaart has rejected a return to Holland or former club Hamburg, and would prefer to play in England, Italy or Spain.
His future has been complicated by his wife Sylvie needing continuing treatment for breast cancer

Surely that's bollocks.

The commentator last night said VDS's wife, a famous German TV presenter, has being diagnosed with cancer, and that her treatment will play a massive factor in deciding his new club.

What a horseshit argument that 'lawyer' put up.

He's under contract and will be sold, if at all, for a decent fee.

Well there might be an element of truth to it- where's Rosco when you need him ? Still sulking over last night ?

Does the fact he had a squad number last season and has not been allocated any number this (meaning his number has been alloted to someone else) equate to effective dismissal ?

I don't want that player anywhere near our club. He has a disruptive attitude and I don't really rate him.

It only affects his market value, not his legal obligations unless his contract specifically addresses a scenario like this that could lead to termination.

The difference between free and what they'd get for him now is probably negligle at this point anyway.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=35227.msg923812#msg923812 date=1250184572]
Finally, the silly season's obligatory VDV thread.
[/quote]

There's not been an Aimar one yet has there?

I think he's been linked to Chelsea in the media a few times.

I know many don't rate him but for a knockdown fee, I'd gladly take a punt on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom