• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer wish list/short list 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Hughes said that our transfer activity would be minimal until August, and that has proven to be the case to far. I would imagine its partly because we need to sort out the contracts of a few players and that Slot will want to get an overview of the squad. Both make sense even though large parts of our fanbase are ready to protest soon against FSG and their transfer policy.
That said, I think we'll see 2-3 signings in August. I would imagine both Virgil and Trent gets new contracts but there hasn't been much talk about Salah yet. Anyways, 2-3 signings and most likely a CB that can play LB, DM and an RW would be my guess.

My wish list/shortlist for each position. Players we have been linked with and players that would suit us. The right wing position is a difficult one. Got to be a player that can be an impact this season but also good enough to potentially take over for Salah next summer.

Feel free to add names or potential positions (with names that could be interesting for us):

CB (LB):
Lukeba
Huijsen
Hato
Diomande (not sure how good he would be controlling that left side)

DM:
Varela
Zubimendi
Ederson

RW:
Gordon
Bakayoko
Kubo
Mbuemo
Pedro Neto (injuries are a concern)

I don’t follow much outside of the PL but players I’d like to see

Ait Nouri
Guehi
Gordon

Of bigger star signings Nico Williams is one that caught my attention.

Ait Nouri is a good shout.
Guehi would cost 65-70 mill and that probably puts us off.
Nico Williams would be a fantastic signing. Might only be realistic if Diaz leaves.

Yeah, a DM is a must. Its difficult finding the right profile of player though. Zubimendi or Varela would be brilliant next to Macca I think.

Desire Doue would be someone of great interest for us I think for the RW spot. Can play just about everywhere and PSG and Bayern are after him. 19 years old and from the Rennes set up. Looks a player that kid.

My general list is:

Nico Williams
Bakayoko
Ait Nouri
Gomes, if he can also play six.

I'd take a decent CB, too. Not against Gordon either, but wary about the price.

I'd be happy enough with any of them.

Yeah, a DM is a must. Its difficult finding the right profile of player though. Zubimendi or Varela would be brilliant next to Macca I think.
We have so many midfielders 2 or 3 will surely leave (or be sent packing) if we're bringing in more (as we surely will).

For the DM spot, would add:

1. Exequiel Palacios
2. Morten Hjulmand
3. Youssef Ndayishimiye
4. Adam Wharton

Of these, I guess only (3) is attainable... maybe Cheick Doucoure too.

Possibly a bit underwhelming but I dunno shit about other leagues and this seems realistic

Mbeumo
Ait Nouri
Gordon (if Diaz fucks off)
Redondo's kid (no idea if he's any good tbh, I just think it would be cool to sign him)
Chalobah (on the cheap)

Possibly a bit underwhelming but I dunno shit about other leagues and this seems realistic

Mbeumo
Ait Nouri
Gordon (if Diaz fucks off)
Redondo's kid (no idea if he's any good tbh, I just think it would be cool to sign him)
Chalobah (on the cheap)

Yeah I rate Chaolbah and think we would be looking well covered at the back with Virgil, Quansah, Konate, Chalobah & Gomez.

A DM, please. One of international standards.
A left back to challenge Robbo, and take over soon.
A left footed forward to replace Mo soon.
A centre back to replace VVD in two years, or to replace Ibou if he doesn’t stay fit.

First is an absolute minimum.

I think he's a bit meh to be honest. 25 as well.

I think being 25 is a good thing - he's experienced, is reliable in the PL. I think he'd be great as a squad player. There is no way we can go into this season with just Virgil, Konate & Quansah as CB options.

Nothing. Endo is a great back up and potential starter but is getting older. Badger has been out with injuries for a long time and will need to be eased back in. I think we have to be really careful with how much game time we give him this season.

Endo was a great pick up, and will be solid and reliable for another season at least. But he was a transitional purchase whilst we identify our long term DM whether it is Bajcetic or someone we sign.

I wouldn't buy any Chelsea defenders, never been very good purchases for anyone. Chaolbah has been around a while and has never been seen as good enough standard to progress, he is 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom