• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any shit hot young player would be mad to tie themselves to Barca long term. Fair enough if they love the club and want to keep progressing but 5 years is half a career. You'd want some ironclad exit clauses in there

Any shit hot young player would be mad to tie themselves to Barca long term. Fair enough if they love the club and want to keep progressing but 5 years is half a career. You'd want some ironclad exit clauses in there

I’m not sure I agree - even if they’re shit, they’ll still be up there in Spain - they’re currently 4th for all their problems.

Going there as a shit-hot young player might mean your chance at a regular starting position for a “top tier” team is enhanced.

For all their bluster, they aren’t going to be luring top players away from other big teams.

Added to that - Xavi may be a coach worth playing for.

They should be looking to hijack Borussia Dortmund’s transfer strategy.

Its’s wether their hubris will let them take that approach, for me.

Their youngsters are amazing.

Gavi, Pedri, Nico, Fati, Ilias

If they start being sensible about signings they may soon be a force to reckon with again.

He's 17 ... he'll only be 22 in 5 years time and if Barca are going to sell him on they won't wait that long.

Their youngsters are amazing.

Gavi, Pedri, Nico, Fati, Ilias

If they start being sensible about signings they may soon be a force to reckon with again.
They’ve not been sensible for over a decade. That’s why they are in this mess.

Gavi is really good but I doubt there is any substance in this at all.

We are all in with Carvahlo and Elliot so I can’t imagine we are going to get another young AM that expects to start.

As Goal has learned, the Senegalese is willing to leave Liverpool next summer if Madrid and Barcelona knock on his door.
By Jorge C. Picón - Sadio Mané was crowned with his teammates from Senegal last Sunday. They lifted the Africa Cup, the first in the country's history. A milestone that made the people take to the streets and that the players, including Liverpool, took it upon themselves to share on social networks. In an Instagram image that has gone around the world, you can see the extreme in his hotel bed next to the long-awaited cup. It should be remembered that he scored the decisive penalty and was chosen as the best player of the tournament. It is the first title with the national team for a player who has already lifted a Premier League and a Champions League with Liverpool.

https://www.goal.com/es/noticias/ma...erta-a-madrid-y-barcelona/blta142766d35315d0b

Now this I can believe given we now have Diaz and will be looking for transfer funds for this summer

Spanish press whipping up rumours about the latest shiny object on the football stage ...
Think by the standards Mane has set in the past, he has been poor for quite sometime, and with Jota coming into the team, and now with the money spend on Luis Diaz (and no players sold) Mane for me was always going to be sold in the summer. Liverpool Fc has already said that they are willing to look at offers for Frimino so why is it that they are willing to sell Mane such a stretch...?

The Money Salah is demand a week (another 200k) could easily be found by selling Mane (His is on £200k a week) plus freeing up much needed transfer funds for the likes of Bellingham, Tchouameni., Saka, etc

And that is why I can believe this

Think by the standards Mane has set in the past, he has been poor for quite sometime, and with Jota coming into the team, and now with the money spend on Luis Diaz (and no players sold) Mane for me was always going to be sold in the summer. Liverpool Fc has already said that they are willing to look at offers for Frimino so why is it that they are willing to sell Mane such a stretch...?

The Money Salah is demand a week (another 200k) could easily be found by selling Mane (His is on £200k a week) plus freeing up much needed transfer funds for the likes of Bellingham, Tchouameni., Saka, etc

And that is why I can believe this
The club has enough money to pay Salah, its how you justify the gap to the other players (that's the concern of the club)? Last summer has shown we got nothing close to what we expected players to go for, who would pay £40m for Mane?

The club has enough money to pay Salah, its how you justify the gap to the other players (that's the concern of the club)? Last summer has shown we got nothing close to what we expected players to go for, who would pay £40m for Mane?

Yes to a large extent your are right, but what of funds for transfers..? plus you can do both by selling Mane.
And as to the question of " who would pay £40m for Mane?" Barca, Real, PSG some Italian Clubs, and Newcastle 😉

Edit:- Judging by CR7 UTD 🙂

Yes to a large extent your are right, but what of funds for transfers..? plus you can do both by selling Mane.
And as to the question of " who would pay £40m for Mane?" Barca, Real, PSG some Italian Clubs, and Newcastle 😉
Barca are very top heavy, and probably look to sign Adama anyway. Real have saved up for Haaland, and want Mbappe, doubt they want a 30 year old. Is he big enough draw for PSG especially at 30? Most Italian clubs are strapped for cash. Would you wanna goto Newcastle with 1 year left on your contract?
Arsenal are stupid, he might go there?
Come summer my concerns are Bobby, Mane, Salah (if hasn't signed a new deal), Keita and Ox. These are players we could get a good wedge for but they could wind down their contracts and we get shit.
If we get Raphinha, then I would expect Mane to leave. My ideal summer window would be Djed Spence, Neves, Raphinha/Cody gakpo, and John Swift (cheap and English who is ripping it up in the championship) alongside FC's signing

Last edited:
Barca are very top heavy, and probably look to sign Adama anyway. Real have saved up for Haaland, and want Mbappe, doubt they want a 30 year old. Is he big enough draw for PSG especially at 30? Most Italian clubs are strapped for cash. Would you wanna goto Newcastle with 1 year left on your contract?
Arsenal are stupid, he might go there?
Come summer my concerns are Bobby, Mane, Salah (if hasn't signed a new deal), Keita and Ox. These are players we could get a good wedge for but they could wind down their contracts and we get shit.
If we get Raphinha, then I would expect Mane to leave. My ideal summer window would be Djed Spence, Neves, Raphinha/Cody gakpo, and John Swift (cheap and English who is ripping it up in the championship) alongside FC's signing

We may or my not get £40m for Mane, but I believe come the start of next season he will no longer be a Liverpool player

Does Tielemans fit the profile for a Henderson replacement?

At £35m he represents good value - but I’d also wonder is something else is going there on there - is there an attitude issue?

He has a year left on his deal.

Still feels cheap.

Hasn’t he been getting a bit of stick of late - Rodgers dropped him last night after taking him off in the FA Cup defeat.

Or am I reading too much into that.

Still feels cheap.

Hasn’t he been getting a bit of stick of late - Rodgers dropped him last night after taking him off in the FA Cup defeat.

Or am I reading too much into that.

I think you are. He has been very good ahead of a leaky, make shift defense.

He's a very tidy player but I don't think he's worth that kind of investment considering how little we invest.

Maybe. Would we be better suited with someone like Bissouma?
We do have Fabinho to anchor, and the two other mids should offer something forward.

We do have Fabinho to anchor, and the two other mids should offer something forward.
What's happening with Bissouma's case, the most recent update he was on bail? Moreover, why isn't he suspended from playing football until the case has been resolved?

What we don't have, as we've found to our cost at times, is a real replacement for Fabs when necessary. Bissouma's decent but I'd love us to sign Tielemans.

We got Fabs for 40 million, which was way too low ... I'm guessing it will be higher than 35 mill, but if we have a chance, would rather the money was put there than Tielemens.
Yeah, I think Tielemans is a great player but he's more of a luxury signing now. We need someone to cover for Fabs.
Bellingham would be the perfect signing for us.
He can play anywhere in midfield. Basically Milner Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom