• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The search for a new DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the encouraging things about Hendo and Fabs leaving unexpectedly was that we were essentially being forced into doing what we should have done already - to offload players who were over the hill and replace them with younger versions. If we just replace them with two more 30+ year-olds then I fucking despair.

Gravenberch is a generalist - very good on the ball, and creates chances. He's more a long-term Thiago replacement than a DM.

We have a need for genuine athleticism to protect the back 4 and he doesn't offer that.

Gravenberch was very impressive when we played Ajax. He was only 18 then. Klopp really rates him given he was one of the first we were linked this summer and the interest hasnt gone away.

With Bajcetic waiting on the sidelines, this move seems a bit strange. He's now even further from the starting line up. Granted he's just a kid still, but I would have been good with just one additional midfielder since Thiago isn't going anywhere apparently.

With Bajcetic waiting on the sidelines, this move seems a bit strange. He's now even further from the starting line up. Granted he's just a kid still, but I would have been good with just one additional midfielder since Thiago isn't going anywhere apparently.
No.. with Endo in the door, Endo and Bajectic will be the #6s.

Gravenberch is more of a box to box.

I still think we could do with another young #6 though.

Growing up pains and all that— already signs of that. He needs to be used sparingly. Which is why I’m glad we were outbid for Lavia.

If we sign Gravenbersch, Endo, Andre (Jan) + CB for a combined cost of around Caicedo, I think we'll all be ok with it.

He will be a great addition. He might not be a DM but we have two other spots in our midfield and having Mac, Szobo, Gravenberch, Jones, Badger & Elliot is a pretty good set of options across those two roles, with Mac being able to be emergency DM over Endo.

I personally don't see Badger as a DM, I know some others do (@momoWASboss ) but I still see him being a long term CM who is more box to box

He will be a great addition. He might not be a DM but we have two other spots in our midfield and having Mac, Szobo, Gravenberch, Jones, Badger & Elliot is a pretty good set of options across those two roles, with Mac being able to be emergency DM over Endo.

I personally don't see Badger as a DM, I know some others do (@momoWASboss ) but I still see him being a long term CM who is more box to box

yea he’s an 8 for me also but it said a lot about him that he’s functional at 6, could probably drop back later in his career or be forced into it like Lucas

Or maybe he is?

Badger is most definitely a #6. He's a defender / dm.

Reactions: mom
Or maybe he is?

We’ll have to shift someone on if we’re signing Gravenberch & then Andre in January.

Thiago is the obvious one.

The CB will have to be Homegrown unless we’re pushing Matip out the door - which we could.

We’ll have to shift someone on if we’re signing Gravenberch & then Andre in January.

Thiago is the obvious one.

The CB will have to be Homegrown unless we’re pushing Matip out the door - which we could.
Adrian is the obvious one. Especially if we are keeping Irish Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom