• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Donkey

View: https://youtu.be/6IoSlmkpCC0?si=E66VR7vJxWzbzZw4

View: https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1848090629290578020

View: https://x.com/1947prod/status/1848062659851063444

View: https://x.com/FathalliMohamed/status/1848034589920350455

View: https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1848233980186759408

This was the Nunez we love… he fired up the crowd with his every touch, was ridiculously direct, sharp and energetic throughout. The stupid yellow card and the subsequent episode where he was chasing to tackle a player from behind while already on a yellow could have ruined a good performance, but luckily he missed the tackle. With Jota presumably out for a few games, this is Darwin’s big chance to step up.

You are spot up with this

There was a moment he was sprinting back after a Chelsea breakaway, whilst on yellow card and determined to make a challenge. My heart was in my mouth. Same for when he was reacting to the shoulder barge challenge. I'm not going to lash out praise for not getting sent off, but I'd like to believe he's using his head more whilst keeping the intensity.

He was excellent off the ball and pretty useful off it. He didn't get any opportunities to score, which wasn't an indictment of him. Slot wanted to protect the lead. The only chances after the Jones goal were provided by the fresh legs of Diaz cutting in. There was little space in the middle as Chelsea had both Caicedo and Lavia sitting.

There was a moment he was sprinting back after a Chelsea breakaway, whilst on yellow card and determined to make a challenge. My heart was in my mouth. Same for when he was reacting to the shoulder barge challenge. I'm not going to lash out praise for not getting sent off, but I'd like to believe he's using his head more whilst keeping the intensity.

He was excellent off the ball and pretty useful off it. He didn't get any opportunities to score, which wasn't an indictment of him. Slot wanted to protect the lead. The only chances after the Jones goal were provided by the fresh legs of Diaz cutting in. There was little space in the middle as Chelsea had both Caicedo and Lavia sitting.

There were a couple of moves when he basically stood offside the entire time meaning he couldn't be an option, and was making it easier for the opponents to defend. This is probably the biggest weakness in his game, and it was incredibly frustrating to watch

Interesting thought, but honestly Slot making him all round and no one creating chances for him, it feels like we are losing any element of striker in him.

Part of being a great striker is putting yourself in positions to score, he didn't do that well at all yesterday. However the rest of his game was very good.

Part of being a great striker is putting yourself in positions to score, he didn't do that well at all yesterday. However the rest of his game was very good.
No he didnt but that part of greatness he has already shown in the seasons he has been with us otherwise he would not have missed all those chances. This season , no one is passing to him so whats the point ?

Interesting thought, but honestly Slot making him all round and no one creating chances for him, it feels like we are losing any element of striker in him.

Yeah but thats eradicating the but where he skliffs it wide or blasts it off the post or bar!

Anyway… like last season, if we are to win something big, then everyone in the squad will have an important part to play - particularly Nunez, who needs to have a run where he lives up to the hype and actually delivers rather than promises.

I hope he does - him going on a hot scoring streak at the right time or not, as was the case, was a major component of the difference between winning the league and not last season.

I don’t want it to be the same this season.

Nah, pretty much everyone, I think you watch football for betting.

You’re getting Momo mixed up with Binomial - who loses all his money on silly bets then calls everything (except Darwin) fucking shit.

Here’s a slightly more serious idea – Nunez in the Szobo role at #10 (or more accurately, 2nd striker). Instead of trying to turn him into Haaland by limiting his touches and making him a pure finisher, do the opposite – make him heavily involved, use his energy and passion and let him sow chaos while someone cool-headed like Jota next to him picks up the pieces. He already showed willingness to get back on the defensive end, tackle and win the ball and a few excellent passes he played against Chelsea hint that there might be something more to him than being a run in behind merchant.

While Jota is out, something to think about is reversing his and Szobo’s roles – make Szobo a hard-working false 9 like Havertz, ask him play further forward of Nunez and see if there is a potential partnership there. Something is clearly not working with Szobo’s current role, so a bit of experimentation might be in order.

———————Kelleher———————-
———-Konate————-Van Dijk———-
Trent—————————————-Robbo
—————Gravy—-—Macca—————-
Salah———————Nunez————-Diaz
——————Szobo——————————

It's a pity Don shits the bed every time he gets in the box (as per Ken Early on the 2nd Captain's podcast today, right again!).

I do like the idea of Nunez playing there tho.

Could Cheisa play as the 9/false 9?

It's a pity Don shits the bed every time he gets in the box (as per Ken Early on the 2nd Captain's podcast today, right again!).

I do like the idea of Nunez playing there tho.

Could Cheisa play as the 9/false 9?
Yeah, I think Chiesa is an option for that role too.

Back
Top Bottom