• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

I wish we could have sorted a work permit for awoniyi you know. He's a battering ram of a backup striker.

He is slow and lumbering for our style of play. We got £9m which is an amazing price.
Is he? He's a unit but he's not exactly Charlie Adam paced. As I say, he would have been a decent backup/alternative option

Is he? He's a unit but he's not exactly Charlie Adam paced. As I say, he would have been a decent backup/alternative option

We should have extended Lord Divock’s contract instead.

Rejoice for the Belgian Nunez!!!

We have 5 FWDs already, how much game time would he had? He is very physical and has great aerial ability but technical ability and pace he is very short on.

We have 5 FWDs already, how much game time would he had? He is very physical and has great aerial ability but technical ability and pace he is very short on.
Based on Jota and Salah being injured, Nunez being shite, Diaz dad going on jollies and gakpo being the definition of beige; probably a decent bit

Based on Jota and Salah being injured, Nunez being shite, Diaz dad going on jollies and gakpo being the definition of beige; probably a decent bit
He scored 6 goals last season, you honestly think he would have done better then our current batch of underperformers? We had battering rams before in Carroll and Benteke, neither covered themselves in glory.
Danns if given the game time would have scored more than 6 goals in 20 games Benteke 2.0 has found his level which is Forest

49 days until the PL resumes and very little major business completed across the board. There's going to be a frenzy post Euros/Copa, etc. You would expect to see deals going through quickly and less pissing about from all clubs and agents.

Re PSR impact on PL dealings, I actually would have expected some accelerated dealings, rather than delays.
Firstly, the impact of bringing in a player (say) two weeks early is not that significant in the grand scheme of things - a few weeks' wages, and about £8k amortisation per £million of fee. The biggest impact would be if a player had negotiated a signing on fee, but to be honest clubs tend to push back on those and they are increasingly rare.
Secondly, I would have expected the clubs in PSR trouble to have tried to push on sales. Ultimately, the deadline for those deals will depend on their financial year end - most clubs tend to have year ends of 31 May, 30 June or 31 July. The main clubs in trouble, Chelsea, Everton, Forest, Newcastle, Villa are all 30 June. Villa changed to 30 June from 31 May this year, so they presumably wanted to give themselves more wriggle room (which they needed to get the Douglas Luiz deal done). They would all need to do some "business" by close of play on Sunday. Business could mean player sales or some iffy accounting deals like Chelsea's hotel transfers last year.
But the point is that early sales will make a big impact on PSR, early purchases won't.
And I'm surprised that there hasn't been more interest from other PL clubs in the players of some of those teams above. If we, or anyone else, wanted to drive a hard bargain on Gordon or Guimaraes, for example, we ought to have done it by now. Come Monday, those clubs have 12 months to drive the hardest possible bargain on anyone they sell as the PSR horse will already have bolted.
For the top clubs in Europe (ie those regularly playing in UEFA comps), there is no rush as they report figures for calendar years to UEFA, regardless of their official year end. And for those clubs, the UEFA regs will be the restricting factor as they'll be harder to meet than domestic rules (possible exception of Spain where I still can't get my head around the regs). This might be what explains the lack of activity from the bigger clubs - unless they were looking to poach players from those in PSR trouble, there's really no rush.

Jacob Ramsey on the cheap?
We stocked up on 8´s with Grav and Szobo, but this lad was very promising before the injuries last season.

By the way, whoever put the autocorrect on "Evert0n" to "BlueShite" (Dee?) good work.

I don’t like it, so I just switch to Ukrainian alphabet for the “o”. I think only The Lying Rag deserves this treatment.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like the S*n autocorrect is gone, actually.

Yah can we cut down on the autocorrects please? S*n should be the only one.
Booo - what's the point of power if I can't abuse it?

(to be fair I was hammered when I added a few. I deleted the wetDreamie one as it seemed a bit, you know, not nice)

I don’t like it, so I just switch to Ukrainian alphabet for the “o”. I think only the Lying rag deserves this treatment.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like the S*n autocorrect is gone, actually.
Fixed the newspaper one. I didn't delete it, it got lost somehow I guess

Any one else like the Dutch guy in midfield Reijnders?

Really like Kvaratshelia too, but if Gakpo plays at LW for slot what's the point?

Same about Williams.

Has anyone spotted any decent RW players? Except Pedro Neto

Some noise going around about Liverpool trying to leverage Newcastle's PSR situation to force a move for Anthony Gordon.

Just 2 years left on his contract. Hard to see it happening but would love if it did.

I love Kvaratkhelia, I think he’s the closest thing to a new Salah in terms of creativity and class. However, I can’t see us splashing the cash on him while Mo is still here. He is someone who will want to be The Guy at every team he plays in, much like Mo.

Buying Gordon this summer would probably make the most sense from the squad-building standpoint - he is versatile enough to play at LW or RW and if Diaz goes, having him and Gakpo competing for the LW spot would be ideal for both of their development.

I’m also intrigued by Yakuba Minteh - he looks like a Mane type winger, but maybe 3-4 years earlier in his development compared to Sadio when we bought him. Wouldn’t mind taking a punt.

So let me get this right, 33m for a guy they signed 12 months ago for 6m and hasn't even kicked a fucking ball for them? Nobody in England could even tell you what this fucker looks like. This league is fucking corrupt to the core.

£40m for Gray might be a coup for Brentford, but that’s massive fee for a young player.

Back
Top Bottom