• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stadium Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coz it won't recoup the dosh at anything like the rate of the main stand, coz of corporate etc. I think.

FSG do seem to be backing away from all the earlier talk of expanding Anny Rd.

When you applied for planning permission it was for detailed planning for the Main Stand expansion and outline planning for Anfield Road. What does that mean and what are your plans for Anfield Road?

We have always focused our energy and resources completely on the Main Stand - it's a very big and very expensive project! We need to make sure we do a great job bringing it to a successful completion before even considering any further changes to Anfield. Then, and only then might we take a look at Anfield Road Stand. At the right time, as with the Main Stand process, a robust research process will be undertaken to ensure there is a sustainable solution, one that works financially, before we could consider applying for full planning permission. Like the Main Stand, Anfield Road is rather complicated - there are services that run under the road as well as a number of other social and environmental issues that we will have to consider when the time is right.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/189641-fsg-pleased-with-anfield-progress

Who's actually paying for the regeneration, though? The Echo seems obsessed with implying that FSG are funding the £260m project, but apart from the stand, what are FSG paying for? The basic investment from FSG is £150m, not the £260m that keeps being touted. The council (and Your Housing) is surely the partner that is mainly funding the regeneration around the stadium.

Liverpool highest break room?
yMUO9iM.jpg
3hX01XL.jpg

Yeh, I was wondering this too, I think they plan to remove the current roof, and then move the new stand forward and attach it onto the massive roof thingyand align it with the rest of the stand, god knows how they'll do that, but i'm pretty sure that's the plan

It is actually a very long back from the pitch, drove past it yesterday & you could see it. I assume it is being moved forwards, otherwise those seats would need binoculars attached to them.

Binoculars it is then - I think it's the way it is - and some perspective - from the plans it looks twice the depth of the Kop

I borrowed some perspective glasses from my neighbour today and I reckon:
The wall at the back of the existing Main Stand is 39,5 meters from the touchline.
The guy in the picture smoking a Lambert & Butler King Size and drinking coffee with milk and 1 sugar is ca.70 meters from the touchline and he is a little bit over 40 meters above the pitch.
The back wall of the Kop is ca. 59 meters from the goal line.
People at the back corners of the extension will be ca. 170 meters from the furthest away corner flag, roughly the same as peeps at the back corners of the Kop, but obviously more elevated.
http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/stream.aspx?target=http://10.8.20.205/Northgate/DocumentExplorer/DocumentStream/DocumentStream.aspx?name=002+Main+Stand+Phase+1+-+Proposed+Site+Plan.pdf&unique=898733&type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP

Probably.

Possibly.

I was driving up beaconsfield road in woolton last week, and when it gets to the top and joins with woolton road I think I saw the stand rising above the trees in the distance. I only saw it for a few seconds... but I've had a look on google maps and its over 6 miles away. Anyone live round there confirm if I was just tripping or what?

It's mahoosive I saw it immediately on take if from Speke the other week - so I think you were probably in full charge of your faculties old chap

I was driving up beaconsfield road in woolton last week, and when it gets to the top and joins with woolton road I think I saw the stand rising above the trees in the distance. I only saw it for a few seconds... but I've had a look on google maps and its over 6 miles away. Anyone live round there confirm if I was just tripping or what?

You can see if from the end of my road (Top of Childwall Priory Road) which is about 5 miles away mate.

Give it a week & the fucking echo will have an article 'How far away is the new Anfield stand visible from?' with all kinds of cunts tweeting in.

It's not the distance of the stand from the pitch that worries me so much, I've seen a copy of some of the plans and there's a small opening, only about a meter across, on the underside of the stand. Apparently it's some sort of small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction that could destroy the stand. Of course only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction so I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom