• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stadium Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But about 2 months ago the turf was removed right? There were pics of the soil exposed... And now there is turf on.. Surely that means it has been relaid?

Picture above your post suggests so!

Yep, saw this the other day, looks nice, but it's got nothing on that outstanding Emirates pitch.

CKIFW1bWUAAgjNq.jpg:large

Are you sure Livvy? See above.

I also assume they are removing the 'Warrior' text and logo to add in New Balance..

I think they're saying it won't be completely overhauled e.g. new drainage, new technologies for the grass etc. I remember FFF telling us about the whole interuptions that would happen to the turf from building work so makes work to wait until the stand is up.

Maybe just some of them... The section I was in for the Blackburn game were wooden...

Yeah there is a section of timber seating in the main stand. Seemingly they're part of the first ever seats installed at Anfield, so I doubt they'll be removed.

But what is the point of it?
Assuming we're not spending a huge amount of cash on tonnes of steel for no reason, I'd guess it'll bear the majority of the weight of the thousands of seats & people in the upper tiers once it's attached to the sides.

But what is the point of it?

It's for structural support. It works in a similar way a suspension bridge works, ie, the roof hangs from the trusses, rather than being propped up by large columns which can hinder a spectator's view.

Yeh, would have thought as much, it just looked completely detached in the images on the first page hence my curiosity, obviously lots of work to be done still, are we expecting to see anything near a completed stand structurally come the start of the season? Obviously I know there will still be a shit load of internal electronic, plumbing work, but with the pace it's progressing, surely the outer shell will nearly be complete?

Yeh, would have thought as much, it just looked completely detached in the images on the first page hence my curiosity, obviously lots of work to be done still, are we expecting to see anything near a completed stand structurally come the start of the season? Obviously I know there will still be a shit load of internal electronic, plumbing work, but with the pace it's progressing, surely the outer shell will nearly be complete?

Yeah it's "detatched" because it has to be put in place before the main structure, otherwise there would be nothing to support it. Think of a steel portal frame shed. The steel has to go in place first, to act as a frame for attaching wall cladding, roof etc.

That's cos it's held up by the cranes Mystic. I suspect they plan to attach it to the rest of the stand instead of keeping it hanging in the air perpetually.

That's cos it's held up by the cranes Mystic. I suspect they plan to attach it to the rest of the stand instead of keeping it hanging in the air perpetually.

Haha, I know, I know, I just wrongly assumed that those images in the first post were the completed shell of the stand, basically I'm being dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom