• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reds in shock Greek link

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he never:

Portugal: Ricardo, Miguel (Paulo Ferreira 43), Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Maniche, Costinha (Rui Costa 60), Ronaldo, Deco, Figo, Pauleta (Nuno Gomes 74).
Subs not used: Moreira, Quim, Couto, Beto, Petit, Postiga, Rui Jorge, Simao, Tiago.

Booked: Costinha, Nuno Valente.

Greece: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Kapsis, Dellas, Fissas, Zagorakis, Katsouranis, Basinas, Giannakopoulos (Venetidis 76), Vryzas (Papadopoulos 81), Charisteas.
Subs not used: Chalkias, Katergiannakis, Dabizas, Georgiadis, Goumas, Kafes, Lakis, Tsiartas.

Booked: Basinas, Seitaridis, Fissas, Papadopoulos.

Attendance: 62,865.

Referee: Markus Merk (Germany

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=35313.msg927444#msg927444 date=1250626364]
No he never:

Portugal: Ricardo, Miguel (Paulo Ferreira 43), Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Maniche, Costinha (Rui Costa 60), Ronaldo, Deco, Figo, Pauleta (Nuno Gomes 74).
Subs not used: Moreira, Quim, Couto, Beto, Petit, Postiga, Rui Jorge, Simao, Tiago.

Booked: Costinha, Nuno Valente.

Greece: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Kapsis, Dellas, Fissas, Zagorakis, Katsouranis, Basinas, Giannakopoulos (Venetidis 76), Vryzas (Papadopoulos 81), Charisteas.
Subs not used: Chalkias, Katergiannakis, Dabizas, Georgiadis, Goumas, Kafes, Lakis, Tsiartas.

Booked: Basinas, Seitaridis, Fissas, Papadopoulos.

Attendance: 62,865.

Referee: Markus Merk (Germany
[/quote]He's shit then. Do.not.want

Still trying to figure out how this is a "shock link"? What this comes down to is that Kyrgiakos is a Sami replacement and at 30 years old and 6'5" with a pretty solid track record, I think this looks to be a good signing if it comes to fruition.

He looks like that fucking gypo that Newcastle have got at the back?

kirgiakos_2009_2_19_19_33_57_b.jpg

Done a bit of digging, and from what I can work out - he's not a bad defender. He's a big bastard, slow as fuck, and solid as fuck. Very dirty.

I'd be happy with him as cover for the other lads if he's on the cheap, and then someone like Messi maybe for the LW if Riera is offski.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=35313.msg927463#msg927463 date=1250630569]
and then someone like Messi maybe for the LW if Riera is offski.[/quote]

wehastrouble.jpg

[quote author=Mors link=topic=35313.msg927461#msg927461 date=1250630208]
He looks like that fucking gypo that Newcastle have got at the back?

kirgiakos_2009_2_19_19_33_57_b.jpg

[/quote]
He looks like a fucking pilgrim.

I don't want him.

Its official apparently he has announced it on his own personal website..

Kyrgiakos claims on his official website he has accepted an offer from Liverpool and is set to travel to England to tie up the move.

"I would like to inform the fans of AEK that on Monday night I received an offer from Liverpool, an offer which I have accepted," Kyrgiakos told his personal website.

The Greek international will help fill the void left by Sami Hyypia's departure from Anfield and he will provide cover for Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger.

[flash=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/8EOyPY5JsBY[/flash]

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35313.msg927493#msg927493 date=1250634640]
oh, and what about giving Martin Kelly a chance?
[/quote]

he will probably play at right back, cover for injuries... break into the team that way

Well this oughta put an end to the "When was the last time we signed someone completely out of the blue?" threads.

I had kinda pinned my hopes ojnt it being some gyppo like Messi, but this pilgrim's gonna have to do.

If he's shite, he's shite. Buy peanuts, get monkeys folks.

This is a great signing by Benitez in my opinion. He is an experienced, tall aerially skillful player for very little... these are the fahcts. Very similar signing to Cavalieri I hope. And I hope Mata, Cazorla, Kuba, Rossi, VdV... Someone to give us creativity like Benayoun does. Someone to give us depth.

Here's what my Greek mate's just emailed me:

"regular for national team. had brief stint at rangers. several years in germany. excelllent in the air but bit of a banana. not a fan"

Great stuff.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=35313.msg927526#msg927526 date=1250642114]
What does a 'a bit of a banana' mean?

Crazy?
[/quote]

He's Traore-esque on the ground.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=35313.msg927528#msg927528 date=1250642343]

Crazy?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wahey!

Another cult figure.

Crazy?
[/quote]

[/quote]He cant be that bad with 49 caps for a very tidy Greek side.
I think 1.5m for a capable reserve who can cover for our 3 cb's is reasonable. Its not like thats going to make the difference between Voronin and Silva.
Im a bit mystified that 5 years on we dont have a decent youth prospect. We've seen enough of them from Palleta, Baragan, Roque through to Ayala, Kelly, San jose etc. How shite are our youth scouts?

Rafa's quote of 'but my scouts are still working hard to find what we need' is a bit heartening. They obviously mean 'we are moving to plan-b' but we just need to get another couple of decent squaddies in on loan or the cheap. And keep who we have.
Our first team is good, our back up is Ooookaaaaay. Our cover is shite.
Loan Sneijder and Ruud. Job done.

Could it be that the youth set-up here is shite rather than our youth scouts being shite? We should be having at least 1 or 2 'decent' prospects who can step up for a few games a season given our scattergun approach to snapping up youngsters.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35313.msg927531#msg927531 date=1250642931]

Crazy?
[/quote]

[/quote]He cant be that bad with 49 caps for a very tidy Greek side.
I think 1.5m for a capable reserve who can cover for our 3 cb's is reasonable. Its not like thats going to make the difference between Voronin and Silva.
Im a bit mystified that 5 years on we dont have a decent youth prospect. We've seen enough of them from Palleta, Baragan, Roque through to Ayala, Kelly, San jose etc. How shite are our youth scouts?

Rafa's quote of 'but my scouts are still working hard to find what we need' is a bit heartening. They obviously mean 'we are moving to plan-b' but we just need to get another couple of decent squaddies in on loan or the cheap. And keep who we have.
Our first team is good, our back up is Ooookaaaaay. Our cover is shite.
Loan Sneijder and Ruud. Job done.
[/quote]

I'm inclined to believe my mate on this one Oncy. He knows his stuff, and according to him "we'd better hope he's not required to play that often".

I agree on the 'Plan B' bit, yes it is heartening. My only concern is that Rafa's record with bargain-basement transfers is not good.

This is from the Kyrgiakos himself from his website....

?????? ?????? ?????????

??? ??? ??? ??? ???????? ????, ?????????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ???????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????. ???? ?????. ??? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ??????? ?????? ?? ???? ??????? ????. ??????, ? ?????????? ???????? ??? ??????? ???? ??????? ???, ???????? ?? ???????? ???. ???? ????? ? ???. ?????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?????????.

???? ?? ????????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ????? ??????? ??????? ??? ??? Liverpool. ??????? ??? ????? ?????. ??????????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ? ??????? ???? ??? ????????? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ????? ????????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ?????? ??? Europa League. ?? ??????? ???? ?? ????? ???? Liverpool ????? ???????? ??? ????. ??? ????? ??? ?????? ??? ??????? ???’???? ??? ??????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ????????? ??? ??????. ???? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ? ????????, ? ?????????? ??? ? ???????? ?????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?????????. ???? ??? ??????? ??????. ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????????? ?????????? ?? ?????? ??? ???????? ???.

???? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ?????? ???? ?????. ???? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ???? ???????, ??? ????????? ??? ??? ???????? ??? ??? ????? ?????????? ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????????. ??????????? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ? ??????????? ???? ????? ??????. ? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ?????. ??? ??????? ???? ???????? ??? ?? ??????????????? ????? ???? ??????? ???. ????? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???.

Basically he is saying that he had stated he would be an AEK play for the next 4 years last week but on Monday Liverpool offered him a chance of a lifetime. He is sad to leave on the eve of a europa league match that AEK need to win but he could not turn down the chance to play for Liverpool. He then thanks the fans and states that AEK will always have a place in his heart.

Boys i wouldnt get to excited bout him, he is only there for cover, once the others are fit he wont play much. He's good in the air but slow as fuck and not that good on his feet. Strikers tend to turn him easily but hes passing game is not bad.

he normally wears number 25.

[quote author=Nik0 link=topic=35313.msg927538#msg927538 date=1250647655]

?????? ?????? ?????????

??? ??? ??? ??? ???????? ????, ?????????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ???????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????. ???? ?????. ??? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ??????? ?????? ?? ???? ??????? ????. ??????, ? ?????????? ???????? ??? ??????? ???? ??????? ???, ???????? ?? ???????? ???. ???? ????? ? ???. ?????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?????????.

???? ?? ????????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ????? ??????? ??????? ??? ??? Liverpool. ??????? ??? ????? ?????. ??????????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ? ??????? ???? ??? ????????? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ????? ????????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ?????? ??? Europa League. ?? ??????? ???? ?? ????? ???? Liverpool ????? ???????? ??? ????. ??? ????? ??? ?????? ??? ??????? ???’???? ??? ??????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ????????? ??? ??????. ???? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ? ????????, ? ?????????? ??? ? ???????? ?????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?????????. ???? ??? ??????? ??????. ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????????? ?????????? ?? ?????? ??? ???????? ???.

???? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ?????? ???? ?????. ???? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????????? ???? ???????, ??? ????????? ??? ??? ???????? ??? ??? ????? ?????????? ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????????. ??????????? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ? ??????????? ???? ????? ??????. ? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ?????. ??? ??????? ???? ???????? ??? ?? ??????????????? ????? ???? ??????? ???. ????? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???.

Basically he is saying that he had stated he would be an AEK play for the next 4 years last week but on Monday Liverpool offered him a chance of a lifetime. He is sad to leave on the eve of a europa league match that AEK need to win but he could not turn down the chance to play for Liverpool. He then thanks the fans and states that AEK will always have a place in his heart.

Boys i wouldnt get to excited bout him, he is only there for cover, once the others are fit he wont play much. He's good in the air but slow as fuck and not that good on his feet. Strikers tend to turn him easily but hes passing game is not bad.

he normally wears number 25.
[/quote]

Where did you learn to speak smiliey?

[quote author=Nik0 link=topic=35313.msg927538#msg927538 date=1250647655]

?????? ?????? ?????????

[/quote]

1068490.jpg

I can only imagine how someone that has been following Liverpool for 20+ years feels about our transfer business this summer - having come so close, and needing just one or two more quality additions, we're faced with a crocked Italian (love him, but he's crocked), the loss of Xabi, Glen Johnson (A+), and a 2m pound transfer budget. I am already depressed to near DreamBeliever levels, I can only imagine how you lot feel.

gah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom