• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real's Mad Get Rid Of January Sale !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still be more than happy for us to take a punt on VDV. He's never fulfilled his early promise but he's still a talented player and for that price it's not easy to get decent quality. Arsenal make use of similar players like Nasri and Rosicky... we can as well.

I used to think Drenthe might be worth a gamble as well but I think it was midway through last season that I finally changed my mind. All the raw materials are there but he just looks clueless... he should've stayed at Feynoord for another season and then moved to a club that would develop him.

£4m too much?
Hahahahaha....if the Yanks had any sense they would fund it from their private bank accounts, if the club couldn't afford it.
Nothing is guaranteed in this life, but RVN is the closest thing we are going to get to banging in a couple of important goals. If one goal from Ruud helps us into the top 4 , he would have paid for himself at least six times over , just next season alone, not counting the negative longer term impact on not qualifying for the CL.

regards

from what i saw of drenthe last season he didnt look to bad for Real...

he does look at little like that ladyboy from the crying game tho.

I'm surprised that VDV for 8m (maybe 5m if it's pushed hard) wouldn't attract more support on here.

He's a talent and creative - two qualities we're genuinely short of at Anfield. That he hasn't dominated the world at Real is hardly terminal - plenty of outstanding players have gone to Real and withered to nothing.

If he'd been available for 8m prior to going to Real we'd have been clamouring for him.

RVN gurantees goals but it's a tough question in my mind whether watching him in a red shirt at Anfield is a price I'd be willing to pay for CL football. He will always be a manc in my mind till the day they bury him. If we're willing to shell out 4m on him then, honestly, we should have been willing to pay for Owen. More injury prone but as a substitute role per his position at OT he'd be very effective for us IMO.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=37772.msg1009608#msg1009608 date=1260315792]
I'm surprised that VDV for 8m (maybe 5m if it's pushed hard) wouldn't attract more support on here.

He's a talent and creative - two qualities we're genuinely short of at Anfield. That he hasn't dominated the world at Real is hardly terminal - plenty of outstanding players have gone to Real and withered to nothing.

If he'd been available for 8m prior to going to Real we'd have been clamouring for him.

RVN gurantees goals but it's a tough question in my mind whether watching him in a red shirt at Anfield is a price I'd be willing to pay for CL football. He will always be a manc in my mind till the day they bury him. If we're willing to shell out 4m on him then, honestly, we should have been willing to pay for Owen. More injury prone but as a substitute role per his position at OT he'd be very effective for us IMO.
[/quote]

Had Rafa had the ability to view our current plight, perhaps even he , would not have turned the opportunity of bringing Owen in at the time.
I have mellowed over the years and would not find it too abhorrent for certain players that have had United connections in the past to play for us in certain circumstances . I think in this situation we need to leave any prejudices behind for the greater good

regards

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=37772.msg1009602#msg1009602 date=1260315302]
from what i saw of drenthe last season he didnt look to bad for Real...

he does look at little like that ladyboy from the crying game tho.
[/quote]

Ummm...no he doesn't.
Royston Drenthe
drenthe.jpg

Jaye Davidson
134115__cryinggame_l.jpg

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=37772.msg1009613#msg1009613 date=1260316130]

[/quote]

Had Rafa had the ability to view our current plight, perhaps even he , would not have turned the opportunity of bringing Owen in at the time.
I have mellowed over the years and would not find it too abhorrent for certain players that have had United connections in the past to play for us in certain circumstances . I think in this situation we need to leave any prejudices behind for the greater good

regards
[/quote]

Add the fact that he left them because he fell out with Fergie over Ronaldo then I think RVN aint all bad.

At least he came to senses.

[/quote]

VDV did actually go to Real for around the £8-9M mark, he was in the final year of his contract and Real swooped in quickly.

Agree with everything said.

I think that, in the depths of our struggle this season, every single one of you has forgotten how badly Real Madrid ALWAYS give us a right proper fisting (wrapped in a generous amount of tin foil) in the transfer market. 😱

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=37772.msg1009661#msg1009661 date=1260323128]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=37772.msg1009613#msg1009613 date=1260316130]

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

Add the fact that he left them because he fell out with Fergie over Ronaldo then I think RVN aint all bad.

[/quote]

He was sold because Ferguson felt United would be a better all-round team without him.

[quote author=Dirty Sanchez link=topic=37772.msg1009684#msg1009684 date=1260331657]
I think that, in the depths of our struggle this season, every single one of you has forgotten how badly Real Madrid ALWAYS give us a right proper fisting (wrapped in a generous amount of tin foil) in the transfer market. 😱
[/quote]

Two words: Xabi Alonso.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37772.msg1009734#msg1009734 date=1260344420]
[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=37772.msg1009661#msg1009661 date=1260323128]

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was sold because Ferguson felt United would be a better all-round team without him.
[/quote]

Was my impression too.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=37772.msg1009817#msg1009817 date=1260355625]
It depends if you listen to Fergies side of it I suppose

regards
[/quote]

Youre right, but Ferguson does have "form" when it comes to amking knee jerk reactions to perceived slights by some players.

I would guess in this case it was bits of both - RVN wasnt getting any younger, and to get the best out of him Utd had to play in a formation to support the No.9 position - Ferguson seemed to have already decided he was going to go with a more fluid arrangement where he could make the most of Rooney and Ronaldo.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=37772.msg1009301#msg1009301 date=1260289815]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37772.msg1009188#msg1009188 date=1260283072]
Why is Garay for sale?
[/quote]

^^^
[/quote]

He was signed for a decent price tag but remained at Santander for the year. He returned this summer but they also bought Albiol.

I like Garay, I wanted to sign him when he was still at Racing. Takes a mean dead ball too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom