• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real's Mad Get Rid Of January Sale !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
The leading English clubs were put on alert as Real Madrid placed eight of their squad on an unofficial transfer list for January.

There are no surprises in a group headed by striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, but their price tags have shock value. It is the season for giving but, after spending £265million in the summer, Real have decided they can’t afford to be charitable.

Liverpool, so dependent on Fernando Torres, would be at the front of the queue for Van Nistelrooy but a £4million fee and £75,000-a-week wages are too much for a 33-year-old — even if he guarantees goals as he chases a Holland World Cup place.

Liverpool would jump at a free transfer, as would Tottenham or Roma, but Real are insisting on hard cash for a player they believe can contribute 10 goals and help any side win a trophy.

Despite still figuring in first-team squads, Guti and Rafael van der Vaart are also on the list. Talented but brattish, Guti has a ridiculous contract at Real. Hhe could be pushed out for a £4m sweetener but stylish midfielder Van der Vaart would cost £8m.

Others at the Real exit door include Argentina midfielder Fernando Gago, the 23-year-old who has been linked with Everton. He had been assured of his future and guaranteed more games by coach Manuel Pellegrini but his outspoken desire to play has pushed the board the other way. Everton will struggle to find the £7.5m required to buy him — while any loan approaches are being frowned upon.

Gago’s compatriot Ezequiel Garay, an accomplished centre half, is also up for sale. He once caught the eye of Manchester United and, although Sir Alex Ferguson’s mind is concentrating elsewhere, Old Trafford’s defensive injury crisis may bring the 23-year-old back into sharp focus, especially at around £6m.

More eye-watering could be the £10m Real want for bulldozing midfielder Mahamadou Diarra, a target for Juventus despite little more than an hour’s game time since a serious knee injury, and £6m-rated winger Royston Drenthe, a relative success at Real. Both would find plenty of suitors in England but only Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Aston Villa and Sunderland have the cash to splash this window.

Real want at least £30m to hit their financial targets but that may leave many of their ‘bargains’ on the shelf.

Former Liverpool keeper Jerzy Dudek is maybe a more realistic target for Premier League clubs feeling the pinch. Now 36, he is at least available on a free.

Bloody Hell - Harrods had better pull their finger out if they are to better this lot !

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=37772.msg1009181#msg1009181 date=1260282864]

None of them are worth it.

[/quote]

...we said from our lofty position, delighting in the squad bursting at the seems with world class players...

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=37772.msg1009198#msg1009198 date=1260283441]
[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=37772.msg1009181#msg1009181 date=1260282864]

[/quote]

...we said from our lofty position, delighting in the squad bursting at the seems with world class players...
[/quote]

.. with no fucking money, let alone spare change to bring in more Euro failures than we've already got...

[/quote]

Well those are opening values so maybe Ruud (2M), VdV (6M) and Drenthe (4M) could do something for us if we 'lose' Babel, Voronin and Dossena ! That's an exchange I'd make every day of the week.

Buy them all. I'm past the point of caring if they're any good. I just want something different and a bit of blind faith.

I think Drenthe could be more suited to the Premiership than La Liga. I get the impression he is an all action type of player who looks better when the game is played at a real high tempo.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=37772.msg1009211#msg1009211 date=1260284341]
Buy them all. I'm past the point of caring if they're any good. I just want something different and a bit of blind faith.
[/quote]

Ha....in a sick way, I agree with you!

Id happily take, the placenta producer, Van Der Vaart and Garay, if we could get any of them on a big 18 month loan it would be great.

I have a feeling that a few of those players may leave Madrid at a 'bargain' price and be worth twice as much a season or two later

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=37772.msg1009246#msg1009246 date=1260286994]
I have a feeling that a few of those players may leave Madrid at a 'bargain' price and be worth twice as much a season or two later
[/quote]

Some of them definately but Dudek, Van Nistelrooy and Guti are all 30+. Lets get Jerzy back for old times sake!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37772.msg1009188#msg1009188 date=1260283072]
Why is Garay for sale?

[/quote]

Because he can defend!

Not a required talent at Real!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37772.msg1009188#msg1009188 date=1260283072]
Why is Garay for sale?
[/quote]

^^^

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=37772.msg1009350#msg1009350 date=1260294652]
Left
[/quote]Yes, but he's an accident waiting to happen. No Thanks.

He's better than Insua

Although I realise that doesn't really say much

Buying players better than Insua, Lucas and Eggnog leaves us with a rather large range of potential targets

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37772.msg1009208#msg1009208 date=1260283777]
Drenthe's shit. I'd rather have Babel.
[/quote]

Good grief, that bad?

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=37772.msg1009355#msg1009355 date=1260295658]
He's better than Insua

Although I realise that doesn't really say much

Buying players better than Insua, Lucas and Eggnog leaves us with a rather large range of potential targets
[/quote]

infinitely large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom