• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rant and one deleted sentence so as not to inflame the situation. So your exaggerations are revealing. Look, this is clearly a personal matter for you so I'm not going to respond any further, but in a cool hour I hope you'll see this in less stark terms.

No rant and one deleted sentence so as not to inflame the situation. So your exaggerations are revealing. Look, this is clearly a personal matter for you so I'm not going to respond any further, but in a cool hour I hope you'll see this in less stark terms.
At least I tried. Oh well.

And now I'm searching for a gif showing an annoying yappy dog...balancing a football on its nose obviously.

DANCING-DOG-GIF-1308423189.gif

dancing-dog-o.gif

But what do they call Allen?

* True story: Arthur Lowe (okay, teenagers: he was a rather pompous actor in the sitcom Dad's Army) was filming near a farm in Thetford one afternoon. At the end of filming he decided - although he very rarely drove anything - that he would drive the butcher's van back into town. But he ran over a cockerel. Cradling it in his arms, he insisted on 'fessing up to the farmer, so he marched over and said, 'I'm very sorry, sir, about what has happened, and, naturally, I would like to replace your cock'. The farmer looked at him lugubriously and replied, 'Suit yerself, mate - the hens are round the back'.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/23/zlatan-ibrahimovic-angry-second-swedish-sportspeople

Zlatan anger at finishing second on list of all-time Swedish sports people
• Ibrahimovic second behind five-times Wimbledon winner Björn Borg
• ‘No disrespect to the others but I should be No1 to No5 on that list’

40dabc58-9c2a-4524-8747-a3d535d1a2ac-620x372.jpeg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic said: 'To finish second is like finishing last'. Photograph: Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has reacted angrily to finish second on a list ranking Swedish sports people of all time. The PSG striker was the runner-up behind five-times Wimbledon winner Björn Borg as the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter ranked the top 150 Swedes.
Ibrahimovic, however, was not best pleased with the result as the paper asked him for his thoughts.
Dagens Nyhether: Congratulations, you have finished second on the list of Swedish sports people of all time, how do you feel about that?
Zlatan: Thank you but to finish second is like finishing last.
DN: You have previously mentioned Muhammad Ali, Petter Northug and Ronaldo as sports people you rank highly. Who would have finished on the podium if you had ranked the best Swedish sports people of all time?
Zlatan: On that list I would have been No1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others
DN: Björn Borg is No1 on the list and he has previously expressed his admiration for you and that he sees you as Sweden’s biggest star, “even bigger than IKEA”. How do you see Borg and his career?
“He is a cool person and a living legend.”
Dagens Nyheter’s top 10

1. Björn Borg, tennis
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, football
3. Jan-Ove Waldner, table tennis
4. Annika Sörenstam, golf
5. Ingemar Stenmark, alpine skiing
6. Carolina Klüft, heptathlete
7. Ingemar Johansson, boxing
8. Gunde Svan, cross-country skiing
9. Peter Forsberg, ice hockey
10. Gert Fredriksson, rowing
Also on the list ...
35. Tomas Brolin, football

It's a shame actually, because he has everything in his locker as a footballer and, in a more collected frame of mind, is an intelligent guy who's well worth listening to off the field. I suspect if he weren't such a total cockend he'd ultimately have achieved more.

At this point, it's just a pose. Clearly there is a PR agency at work here, "Dare to Zlatan" and all that. They turn any news into an opportunity to push a certain image and overall, I think, are doing a good job raising his profile among the general public. I think he is not far behind Messi and Ronaldo at this point. Whereas players like Robben or Ribery – who are not any worse than Zlatan on the pitch – are far behind in terms of PR and, consequently, the money they could command from advertising and endorsements.

Maybe because Björn Borg has actually achieved something for his country?

I'd still argue that Zlatan is bigger and more famous than Björn Borg. Ask an African or Asian who Björn Borg is, they wouldn't have a clue.

Zlatan plays in a team sport. He's been immense for Sweden. Just too bad that he's currently part of one of the worst Swedish national teams in history.

All that being said, Björn Borg was number one in the world. Zlatan has never achieved that, therefore I'd say that they're right in putting him in 2nd place.

I'd still argue that Zlatan is bigger and more famous than Björn Borg. Ask an African or Asian who Björn Borg is, they wouldn't have a clue.

Zlatan plays in a team sport. He's been immense for Sweden. Just too bad that he's currently part of one of the worst Swedish national teams in history.

All that being said, Björn Borg was number one in the world. Zlatan has never achieved that, therefore I'd say that they're right in putting him in 2nd place.

I am an Asian. My parents are not avid sports fans. They revere Borg. They have no clue who Zlatan is. Most people in my community would put Borg over Zlatan.

Borg was bigger than the game of tennis at his peak. Nothing against Zlatan, I like him. But Zlatan couldnt hold a candle to him in terms of impact on the game and personality.

I am an Asian. My parents are not avid sports fans. They revere Borg. They have no clue who Zlatan is. Most people in my community would put Borg over Zlatan.

Nothing against Zlatan, but Borg was bigger than the game of tennis at his peak. Nothing against Zlatan, I like him. But Zlatan couldnt hold a candle to him in terms of impact on the game and personality.

Well I have African roots, so I speak for all Africans when I say, Björn who?

Mamma Mia is Asian and lives in Africa. When you're in a hole, stop digging.
Wait, I can't let this go. You justify his comment about me not being African by saying that he's an Asian living in South Africa. Seriously go fuck yourself you piece of shit.
What does he know about Sudan and Eritrea two countries I have relatives in, been in and lived in.
Do I open my gob about how British you are you fuck?

People, here, fucking hell, talking like they know me.

Wait, I can't let this go. You justify his comment about me not being African by saying that he's an Asian living in South Africa. Seriously go fuck yourself you piece of shit.
What does he know about Sudan and Eritrea two countries I have relatives in, been in and lived in.
Do I open my gob about how British you are you fuck?

People, here, fucking hell, talking like they know me.

Whatever you are or choose to call yourself, you're beneath contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom