• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premiership Spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Real wouldn't accept a £5M down-payment for Sneijder like Roma would for Aquilani.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=35468.msg934341#msg934341 date=1251534074]
If Rafa isn't allowed to spend more money, why would he be able to spend it indirectly by way of a player transfer? Why is this hard to believe?
[/quote]

It doesn't fit in with his agenda, that's why!

It's becoming obvious to me why we have ended up with Aqualini now. It's simply because Roma were happy to take such a small fee up front. I suspect the very reason for that is because Aqualini is injured. If he wasn't then I'm guessing he would probably have been out of our price range.

nothing to do with my agenda here. i think wesley would have been cheaper so the americans could have pocketed more money.

i just don't think rafa was at all interested in him and has put his faith in aquaman coming good.

[quote author=rage link=topic=35468.msg934421#msg934421 date=1251545184]
nothing to do with my agenda here. i think wesley would have been cheaper so the americans could have pocketed more money.

i just don't think rafa was at all interested in him and has put his faith in aquaman coming good.
[/quote]

Wesley would probably been cheaper in terms of their fee but I reckon he would have cost us more this Summer in terms of how much we would have needed to pay up front.

[quote author=rage link=topic=35468.msg933824#msg933824 date=1251436722]
it doesn't matter if aquaman is amazing if by the time he gets fit we're playing super catch up. what then we write off another season under rafa and make it 6 seasons without winning the league.

he was bought in to win the league, to date he has failed and he has started this season as badly as he ever has. when was the last time a team won the league after such a bad start? bolton on saturday is huge, if he loses he should be sacked and the rest of this season used to rebuild under a new manager.
as for utd buying hargreaves, he was bought in the summer of 2007, started the preseason, played throughout the season and won the league and champions league that year. it was only in his second season that he was out due to injuries.

rvn wasn't injured when utd bought him nor did he have a history of injuries. he was out for most of 2000-01 season because of one injury to his knee, prior to that he'd been a regular in the psv side playing most league games over the previous 2 seasons, scoring a record number of goals and winning dutch player of the year. utd also didn't buy him until after he had recovered from his knee injury.

but hey why let the truth get in the way of rafa apologists revisionist bullshit.
[/quote]

Truly monumental brain failure.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=35468.msg933972#msg933972 date=1251459710]
[quote author=rage link=topic=35468.msg933824#msg933824 date=1251436722]
it doesn't matter if aquaman is amazing if by the time he gets fit we're playing super catch up. what then we write off another season under rafa and make it 6 seasons without winning the league.

he was bought in to win the league, to date he has failed and he has started this season as badly as he ever has. when was the last time a team won the league after such a bad start? bolton on saturday is huge, if he loses he should be sacked and the rest of this season used to rebuild under a new manager.

as for utd buying hargreaves, he was bought in the summer of 2007, started the preseason, played throughout the season and won the league and champions league that year. it was only in his second season that he was out due to injuries.

rvn wasn't injured when utd bought him nor did he have a history of injuries. he was out for most of 2000-01 season because of one injury to his knee, prior to that he'd been a regular in the psv side playing most league games over the previous 2 seasons, scoring a record number of goals and winning dutch player of the year. utd also didn't buy him until after he had recovered from his knee injury.

but hey why let the truth get in the way of rafa apologists revisionist bullshit.
[/quote]

Actually it will be 20 years of not winning the title but no doubt the other 14 years will be down to him as well.

What most of us love about you is bang on about debate but the only valid point is yours. Therefore anyone who disagrees with you about some of the downright subjective, disingenuous crap you spout about Rafa immediately becomes a "Rafa apologist".

You do realise that you're the extremist here, and you're not exactly in the best company with when you consider that your main ally in the "Benitez is a cunt" rally is Le Chachal. Perhaps if you stuck to a few facts rather than your nasty little agenda, you'd find more tolerance.
[/quote]
My name is mentioned again!
I havent said a word about our manager this season.... but Its true I tend to agree with Rage.
I have to say I like this thread ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom