• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Chelsea (H) - Sunday 4:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the rationale for 3pm games not being televised in the UK?

Similar to Pat, I pay about 3 quid a month to a local broadcaster and can watch every single Premier League game, live, replay, or extended highlights.
Lower league games would suffer as local fans would rather stay home and watch the top tier than go and support their local teams. Hence a blanket ban on 3pm games since then, only in the UK.

Yeah, but watching anyone other than Liverpool is only for insomniacs, right? I like the sound of the highlight packages - if you publish the schedule for them each week I'll never laugh at you again. I get the live match schedule on a daily basis, but the service doesn't go as far as giving me full listings, and the lack of specific schedules on the web seem to indicate Optus only publish them to subscribers
The highlights are also on demand usually within an hour of the game. The 3 min highlights within 15-20 mins. I usually watch the 3 min highlights of all games in the morning when I wake up. If I’m in a rush I watch the 10 min highlights which is goals only from the EPL. I usually watch the 9 min highlights of City and Arsenal games and get stupidly excited anytime their opponents attacks.

The service I subscribe to is extra cheap 'cos you can only stream live matches on a mobile device and only one concurrent stream is allowed.

I wonder if something like that would be a good modern compromise for the UK. I'd guess that live matches in pubs or at home with a bunch of friends could threaten crowd numbers, but mobile streams probably less so.

It's easy enough to get a dodgy mobile stream anyway, they may as well make it official and cash in while allowing fans legit options.

All the foreign channels that I get on my dodge, have a 3pm Saturday show called "Goal Rush", where they will show one match, but jump to other ones whenever a goal or other significant incident happens. All matches are also available on dedicated channels, including the one that is the main event on Goal Rush, for those who don't want the interruptions.

On the odd occasion I want to watch the 3pm matches, and Liverpool aren't playing, I find the Goal Rush show a great way to do it

That's what I watch, when we're not playing: Goal Rush/Matchday Live.

Every single match is televised. Plenty of highlight and interview shows.

It's a bit pricey - nearly $300/year and doesn't include Carabao, FA Cup, or European matches (all of which are held by different rights holders that I pay another $300/yr for) but includes several other leagues that I don't watch and a bunch of filler non-sports channels.

Used to be that all the matches were on cable though, in Canada. It's unfathomable to me that not all matches are broadcast in the UK. We had them all in Canada 10 years ago.

Pumped up for this, feels like ages since the last game.

Mo and Trent better turn up as they should have a field day against Sancho, the racist Argie weirdo and whichever random cunt they choose to play at left back

That's what I watch, when we're not playing: Goal Rush/Matchday Live.

Every single match is televised. Plenty of highlight and interview shows.

It's a bit pricey - nearly $300/year and doesn't include Carabao, FA Cup, or European matches (all of which are held by different rights holders that I pay another $300/yr for) but includes several other leagues that I don't watch and a bunch of filler non-sports channels.

Used to be that all the matches were on cable though, in Canada. It's unfathomable to me that not all matches are broadcast in the UK. We had them all in Canada 10 years ago.
€30 a year for me, for every country & every channel 😉

Pumped up for this, feels like ages since the last game.

Mo and Trent better turn up as they should have a field day against Sancho, the racist Argie weirdo and whichever random cunt they choose to play at left back

veiga will be left back apparently. Also that guy who was at Fulham last season at CB as Fofana is suspended.

Wonder if Chelsea will try to sit deep. They have the players for it but they’ve been quite attacking so far this season, which should benefit us.

veiga will be left back apparently. Also that guy who was at Fulham last season at CB as Fofana is suspended.

Wonder if Chelsea will try to sit deep. They have the players for it but they’ve been quite attacking so far this season, which should benefit us.

I don’t think an Italian coach will go gung-ho in a game like this, he will be a bit more cautious than usual.

The PL/FA would probably make more money if it did it's own NFL style season pass. So much for all the games, so much for your clubs games, then so much for individual games. The price of sky is making it problematic, considering if you're a Southampton fan you might be lucky to see your team 3 times a season on tv? If you don't care for other sports then sky sports becomes mostly redundant.

I mean, i'd potentially pay a higher monthly cost if i had the option to whatever game i wanted, as well as all my own clubs games. Like, how much is sky sports/TNT/Amazon prime over a season? a fucking shit ton

I pay AU$10 a month (which is less than a shit pint of beer) for all EPL games live or on replay, with the option of full match, mini match (30 mins), highlights, or just goals.

Yeah, but watching anyone other than Liverpool is only for insomniacs, right? I like the sound of the highlight packages - if you publish the schedule for them each week I'll never laugh at you again. I get the live match schedule on a daily basis, but the service doesn't go as far as giving me full listings, and the lack of specific schedules on the web seem to indicate Optus only publish them to subscribers

You can watch every match live, full replay, extended highlights, or just quick highlights.

I get an “Overnight Goals” thing that has every goal, nothing else.

Added to that, Optus also have the FA Cup.

For a similar amount, from STAN (Aussie streaming service that has some cracking tv shows) I can get all the Champions League and other European comp games - same deal, live or various replay options.

I need a 3rd subscription if I want to see the league Cup with BEiN Sports - which I don’t pay for

Huge two league games this next week…win today and we can really put distance between ourselves and a depleted Arsenal next week.

We’ll win today in midfield…come on Red Men..

Sky just did a feature on John Barnes. I must be getting old because I'd forgotten what an absolute god he was on the pitch.
He was finished as a winger by the time I was old enough to watch him but still wonderful for 3 or 4 years. Mind you I still wish he just held the ball in the corner flag against Arsenal.

His overhead kick vs Blackburn was outrageous and his goal from almost half way vs Southampton in his twilight.
Loved his involvement in the Collymore winner against Newcastle with Rush.

I remember he was dropped for a European game we needed to turn around a three goal deficit in the second leg at home and almost did. I think Wright and Kennedy got us to 2-0 but we couldn’t force a third.

Highlights of Barnes from the 80’s are insane. Strange he could never truly replicate his club form for England and the racist chanting was brutal.
Up there with our very best.

From the context of that clip it must have been the season we met Sunderland in the FA Cup final (in the Souness era). That was the last final I can remember where it was relatively easy ... every other final we won has been a nail biter until the end

I watched many Slot interviews today and the last few days. He not mention Chiesa. Not at all. I don't even know if Chiesa is still injured. He not talk about him.

Feckin power cut here in Ballyfermot, hopefully they switch it back on before the kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom