• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Chelsea (H) - Sunday 4:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffled back-lines for Anfield clash​

Arne Slot and Enzo Maresca have benefited from relatively settled defences throughout their impressive starts to life at Liverpool and Chelsea, with the former boasting the best defensive record in the Premier League at present, but both face disruption to their backlines for what should be a revealing contest at Anfield. The visitors will be without the suspended Wesley Fofana and Marc Cucurella after each collected a fifth booking of the season in the feisty draw with Nottingham Forest before the international break. Mohamed Salah’s duel with Renato Veiga, Cucurella’s potential replacement at left-back, could be intriguing. Liverpool’s loss is limited to one, but a hugely influential one nonetheless, with Alisson sidelined until after November’s international break with his second hamstring injury of the campaign. Caoimhín Kelleher proved an able deputy in the wins over Bournemouth and West Ham, as the Republic of Ireland international usually does, and possesses the temperament to put Sunday’s mistake against Greeceimmediately behind him. Andy Hunter

Arne Slot: “We've had quite some issues after the international break. Let's see how they are after training today.”

Arne Slot suggests Alisson's injury may have something to do with Liverpool playing Champions League on Wednesday evening then Saturday 12.30pm.

I like the fact he says that in Holland the CL teams aren't set up on a Sunday so that they can prepare for the midweek game coming up. Its the same with being given an early Saturday kick off after a Wednesday night game.

The PL just don't care and only think about the £.

Moaning in the press is one thing, but managers should be in the office of the bods who go to the PL chairman’s meetings and get it in the rules that the kick off times need to be adjusted.

Otherwise the TV companies will keep on doing it.

The other solution is to give TNT and Sky the bare minimum for these crap kick off times. Don’t indulge them. One word answers and make it difficult for them.

Would be easily solved if 3pms could be televised. No need for funky kick off times then.

With the current set up you can be picked 6 times per season to play Saturday at 1230. I don't mind playing early but we always get picked the maximum amount of times and often after playing Wednesday night. There should be a rule about those two things not happening. Same with playing Sunday - Tuesday.

The other solution is to give TNT and Sky the bare minimum for these crap kick off times. Don’t indulge them. One word answers and make it difficult for them.
Never going to happen.

FA/PL to Sky : you can have these crap games
Sky : no problem, that's just shaved £100m off the amount we're willing to pay for the package
FA/PL : Sorry you misunderstood. What we were saying is would you like Liverpool every Sat at 12.30 ?

Good Slot has.admitted his mistake playing Ali in back to back games straight after injury.

Hopefully he learns to manage his players minutes better than Klopp.

Never going to happen.

FA/PL to Sky : you can have these crap games
Sky : no problem, that's just shaved £100m off the amount we're willing to pay for the package
FA/PL : Sorry you misunderstood. What we were saying is would you like Liverpool every Sat at 12.30 ?

Moaning about kick off times pisses me off. Just as much as players moaning about more games.

We have a squad. Every club has a squad.

Would 3pm kick offs being televised help? Sure.

I've said for a while, the next logical step is having every game televised, and we Will probably go to a La Liga style set up.

Friday 8.00
Saturday 12.30
Saturday 2.30
Saturday 4.30
Saturday 6.30
Saturday 8.30 [Prime time as the yanks call it, will probably get a snazzy tune and a half time show]
Sunday 12.30
Sunday 2.30
Sunday 4.30
Monday 8.00

Moaning about kick off times pisses me off. Just as much as players moaning about more games.

We have a squad. Every club has a squad.

Would 3pm kick offs being televised help? Sure.

I've said for a while, the next logical step is having every game televised, and we Will probably go to a La Liga style set up.

Friday 8.00
Saturday 12.30
Saturday 2.30
Saturday 4.30
Saturday 6.30
Saturday 8.30 [Prime time as the yanks call it, will probably get a snazzy tune and a half time show]
Sunday 12.30
Sunday 2.30
Sunday 4.30
Monday 8.00

I reckon you’re probably right - the only real way for tv revenue for the league to grow significantly is by adding more games or slots tv companies can bid for and “premiumising” some of the slots.

Not sure an 8.30pm Sat game will work though.

Wouldn’t be too much of an issue if some of the games were played at the same time - don’t all have to be seperate time slots.

Ultimately it only really works if you get enough of an audience interested in watching Brentford v Bournemouth.

The PL/FA would probably make more money if it did it's own NFL style season pass. So much for all the games, so much for your clubs games, then so much for individual games. The price of sky is making it problematic, considering if you're a Southampton fan you might be lucky to see your team 3 times a season on tv? If you don't care for other sports then sky sports becomes mostly redundant.

I mean, i'd potentially pay a higher monthly cost if i had the option to whatever game i wanted, as well as all my own clubs games. Like, how much is sky sports/TNT/Amazon prime over a season? a fucking shit ton

All the foreign channels that I get on my dodge, have a 3pm Saturday show called "Goal Rush", where they will show one match, but jump to other ones whenever a goal or other significant incident happens. All matches are also available on dedicated channels, including the one that is the main event on Goal Rush, for those who don't want the interruptions.

On the odd occasion I want to watch the 3pm matches, and Liverpool aren't playing, I find the Goal Rush show a great way to do it

All the foreign channels that I get on my dodge, have a 3pm Saturday show called "Goal Rush", where they will show one match, but jump to other ones whenever a goal or other significant incident happens. All matches are also available on dedicated channels, including the one that is the main event on Goal Rush, for those who don't want the interruptions.

On the odd occasion I want to watch the 3pm matches, and Liverpool aren't playing, I find the Goal Rush show a great way to do it
Same.

The PL/FA would probably make more money if it did it's own NFL style season pass. So much for all the games, so much for your clubs games, then so much for individual games. The price of sky is making it problematic, considering if you're a Southampton fan you might be lucky to see your team 3 times a season on tv? If you don't care for other sports then sky sports becomes mostly redundant.

I mean, i'd potentially pay a higher monthly cost if i had the option to whatever game i wanted, as well as all my own clubs games. Like, how much is sky sports/TNT/Amazon prime over a season? a fucking shit ton
This is exactly what I get for 9 pound a month with Optus in Oz. Every single game live and on replay plus 3 min, 9 min, 25 mins highlights and 40 mins highlights for any of the big 6. It really is superb.

What's the rationale for 3pm games not being televised in the UK?

Similar to Pat, I pay about 3 quid a month to a local broadcaster and can watch every single Premier League game, live, replay, or extended highlights.

This is exactly what I get for 9 pound a month with Optus in Oz. Every single game live and on replay plus 3 min, 9 min, 25 mins highlights and 40 mins highlights for any of the big 6. It really is superb.
Yeah, but watching anyone other than Liverpool is only for insomniacs, right? I like the sound of the highlight packages - if you publish the schedule for them each week I'll never laugh at you again. I get the live match schedule on a daily basis, but the service doesn't go as far as giving me full listings, and the lack of specific schedules on the web seem to indicate Optus only publish them to subscribers

What's the rationale for 3pm games not being televised in the UK?

Similar to Pat, I pay about 3 quid a month to a local broadcaster and can watch every single Premier League game, live, replay, or extended highlights.
It was deemed that it would impact gate returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom