• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pep Lijnders watch

I was slightly keen on letting him take over from Klopp. Wrong again.

Yeah, on this evidence the gap in quality between the best current Dutch manager (Slot) and the rest (Ten Hag, Koeman, Lijnders) is pretty enormous. Unlike Italy or Spain, for instance, where the overall standard is very high.

In fairness, Pep L did have a track record of failure in management before coming back to Klopp's team. I assume he learned a thing or two.

He might also still turn it around.

I think the issue is that Pep might be trying to do that Klopp thing about getting the players motivated and playing with all that they have - but there is a problem - he just ain't Klopp.

Jaysis. That step up can be harder than you think. And it’s the Austrian league. I can see him struggling to motivate alas. He’s super knowledgeable but might come across as a bit of a spoofer I fear

In fairness, Pep L did have a track record of failure in management before coming back to Klopp's team. I assume he learned a thing or two.

He might also still turn it around.

Take a look at those stats, outshot 18 to 3 despite having 53% possession. And that’s at a club that won their league in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Something is clearly very wrong, whether it’s fully his fault or not.

All this to say that turnaround doesn’t seem likely.

hopefully badger and clark haven’t completely wasted their time going there
Honestly I think it was a bad move. That league is shite and he should be playing in a more competitive league. If fucking Kaide Gordon and Doak can play in the Championship, so can Bajcetic and he'd dominate.

hopefully badger and clark haven’t completely wasted their time going there
Badger and Clark sounds like a title of a buddy comedy about a pair of outlaws.

After their manager and patron is unexpectedly fired in Salzburg, two teenage footballers are stuck penniless in a foreign country and have to embark on adventure-filled journey to hitchhike across the Alps to make it back home to Liverpool. Zack Ephron and Jesse Eisenberg with a surprise apperance by Jurgen Klopp as the Alpine sherpa who rescues them from an avalanche.

It would also help if he spoke a single word of German. At least he could make his thoughts known properly.

Jaysis. That step up can be harder than you think. And it’s the Austrian league. I can see him struggling to motivate alas. He’s super knowledgeable but might come across as a bit of a spoofer I fear

The Austrian league?

It's maybe slightly better than Luxembourg.

Badger and Clark sounds like a title of a buddy comedy about a pair of outlaws.

After their manager and patron is unexpectedly fired in Salzburg, two teenage footballers are stuck penniless in a foreign country and have to embark on adventure-filled journey to hitchhike across the Alps to make it back home to Liverpool. Zack Ephron and Jesse Eisenberg with a surprise apperance by Jurgen Klopp.

That will be no problem at all. In the current political climate they'll be deported anyway.

I was slightly keen on letting him take over from Klopp. Wrong again.
I think that it will be extremely hard for anyone to replicate Klopp's approach at the very top level (but also anywhere else) to a great, great success. And that is because of Klopp's personality. One of the very key and most important Klopp's attributes are the relations and connections that he establishes with players. He expects great physical commitment and exertion from them, but Klopp also has such a personality. He builds that up in his players and creates such a team culture. T h a t will be very, very hard for anyone to replicate. Klopp is great at that. Bonding with players. It creates commitment + desire + die hard attitude.

So that what I'm saying is that Klopp has a mercurial property when it comes to his football management. And that is nottt something one can learn or pick up by working under him. That is something that cannot be replicated. Linjers is probably doing everything the same or very similar as Klopp, but lacks that dimension. He'd be better off changing things and introducing something new to compensate, which is probably what he'll anyhow end up doing because he will be forced. Or the players themselves on the pitch will start doing things differently to avoid such poor performances.

And having somebody like Slot take over from Klopp is, therefore, a much better option for LFC. Slot knows he's not Klopp so he plays and sets his teams up differently. He's more defensively solid. That will come at the expense of offensive intensity/production but that is something he can live with. That is a much more sound approach than trying to go on and do everything just as Klopp did.

I think that it will be extremely hard for anyone to replicate Klopp's approach at the very top level (but also anywhere else) to a great, great success. And that is because of Klopp's personality. One of the very key and most important Klopp's attributes are the relations and connections that he establishes with players. He expects great physical commitment and exertion from them, but Klopp also has such a personality. He builds that up in his players and creates such a team culture. T h a t will be very, very hard for anyone to replicate. Klopp is great at that. Bonding with players. It creates commitment + desire + die hard attitude.

So that what I'm saying is that Klopp has a mercurial property when it comes to his football management. And that is nottt something one can learn or pick up by working under him. That is something that cannot be replicated. Linjers is probably doing everything the same or very similar as Klopp, but lacks that dimension. He'd be better off changing things and introducing something new to compensate, which is probably what he'll anyhow end up doing because he will be forced. Or the players themselves on the pitch will start doing things differently to avoid such poor performances.

And having somebody like Slot take over from Klopp is, therefore, a much better option for LFC. Slot knows he's not Klopp so he plays and sets his teams up differently. He's more defensively solid. That will come at the expense of offensive intensity/production but that is something he can live with. That is a much more sound approach than trying to go on and do everything just as Klopp did.

Thiago didn’t die hard… he died easy.

Back
Top Bottom