• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ooooh Fuck...Eto'o As Bait For Mascher ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34140.msg887262#msg887262 date=1244882291]
I would swap them. But only if it included a massive wodge too.
Etoo has one year left he could buy out his contract for 5m so why would we swap a 30m midfielder with 4 years to run.
Etoo plus 15m and im in.

And madrid can get fucked. They want Alonso they can stump up 30m
[/quote]

So you're valuing Masher at about 20m then Oncy? I think?

[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=34140.msg887267#msg887267 date=1244882821]
If memory serves me right, havent a lot of people on here been slating Mascher's performances this season. Suddenly, when it is suggested we might get rid, he's become a lynchpin.

Lets also not forget the suggestions that Xabi and Mascherano actually might want to go. Xabi reportedly pissed at his treatment by Rafa last summer, and Masch's missus not particularly liking life over here.

Personally, if we lost either of these 2 playeres, it would set us back massively. We need to be adding to the squad, not getting rid of our best players. There is plenty of dross that should be culled rather than giving our rivals (albeit in the CL) the pick of our squad.
[/quote]

People slated him at the beginning of the season when he was poor, apart from Spider Neil who slates him all the time.

His second half to the season was excellent.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34140.msg887274#msg887274 date=1244883155]
[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=34140.msg887267#msg887267 date=1244882821]
If memory serves me right, havent a lot of people on here been slating Mascher's performances this season. Suddenly, when it is suggested we might get rid, he's become a lynchpin.

Lets also not forget the suggestions that Xabi and Mascherano actually might want to go. Xabi reportedly pissed at his treatment by Rafa last summer, and Masch's missus not particularly liking life over here.

Personally, if we lost either of these 2 playeres, it would set us back massively. We need to be adding to the squad, not getting rid of our best players. There is plenty of dross that should be culled rather than giving our rivals (albeit in the CL) the pick of our squad.
[/quote]

People slated him at the beginning of the season when he was poor, apart from Spider Neil who slates him all the time.

His second half to the season was excellent.
[/quote]

*ahem* 😉
nope, I think masherano has been excellent recently and I'd be sad to see him go even for someone like eto'o but if he wants to join his 'dream club' whatcha gonna do?

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34140.msg887220#msg887220 date=1244854158]
After what happened last summer, it's only logical we buy a player that doesn't fit into our preferred system, that will expect to play all the time. Only this time lets make it a moody one, and sell one of our best players for the privilege. Yea, I'm on the fence about this one.

If we panic our way into thinking that in order to compete we have to sell our prized assets it's one step forward two steps back. Unless of course these players want out.

We can buy intelligently and patiently. 30M is not pocket change, even in this market, we can buy quality.
[/quote]

I agree that the Gerrard Torres partnership is fantastic but as of yet it has won very little.

If we are going to try and sign world class £30m players and pigeon hole them into a set formation then Rafa is doomed to failure IMO.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34140.msg887206#msg887206 date=1244851003]
I don't want Eto'o. He's 28 and we'd have to change our formation.

I don't want Robben either.
[/quote]

Eto would not suit our current formation - I would consider robben though - if real give us 10m and robben for Xabi, then I would say yes and hen go sign Martinez.

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=34140.msg887283#msg887283 date=1244885211]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34140.msg887206#msg887206 date=1244851003]
I don't want Eto'o. He's 28 and we'd have to change our formation.

I don't want Robben either.
[/quote]

robben is always injuried.
Eto would not suit our current formation - I would consider robben though - if real give us 10m and robben for Xabi, then I would say yes and hen go sign Martinez.
[/quote]

More made up filler. I wouldn't believe the date in the Daily Mirror. The journos are no doubt scouring the forums for any scrap of gossip as I doubt there's that much going on at the minute with most managers away on their hols.

Yeah, I think it's wrong to completely dismiss the idea.

I'm not sure where I stand on this at all. I do know that it's easier to find a DM than it is to find a striker who consistently bags 30+ goals a season. And I also think we overspent on Masher, despite his obviously quality.

It's a headfuck question.

It's a tough one, however I think Masher is far more effective away from home than adding anything while we're playing at Anfield (In the league). For that reason I'd take Eto'o for him, the man can shit a goal at any given second. Obviously If we can swap Lucas for him + a few million all the better! Go on Rafa, try and fuck um over!

Mascherano is my favourite player in the team because of his pure raw energy and tenacity.

However, as a generalisation, Rafa is excellent in setting a team up defensively. The question marks are easier to place alongside the attacking players. Its for that reason that I would not dismiss it out of hand. I'm not saying its my first option or ideal preference, but if it ends up that we have Gerrard, Eto'o and Torres in attack, then I back Rafa to keep us relatively solid behind them.

Actually we're Barca in for Benayoun according to the rags? I'd sooner offer Eto'o £10m + Benny for Eto'o.

Eto is 28 with a year left on his contract and is a moody bastard. A straight swap for Mascherano? No thanks.

If Masher is spouting all this shit in the press then we should move him and maximize what we get for him.

We should be adding to the team not dismantling it. Selling one of our key players will weaken us in a position where we're at our strongest, regardless of Eto'o coming in.

He isn't spouting in the press anyhow - it's his f'cking agent, as Rafa made clear the last time he spoke about all this (I do wish Mascher would muzzle that bastard of an agent though).

As for any swap with Eto'o - Norfolk 'n' chance.  Eto'o is a marvellous player and I'd have been delighted to get him before Torres arrived.  Now that Torres IS here, Eto'o simply isn't what we need, whereas Mascher by contrast fits Rafa's system like a glove.  Some posters say it's "easier to sign a DM" - well, not one of Mascher's quality it isn't. Mascher must stay.

Make no mistake Etoo is fucking class, a brilliant striker and would definitely add to our team, regardless of the tinkering accomodation he would require. He is in the same quality bracket as Torres and would strengthen us immensely.

Losing possibly the best defensive midfielder in the world and a passionate team player just before his peak years would be a ridiculous decision however. The only similar midfielder i would contemplate swapping mash for is essien.

If they are looking to sell and if he is in the last year of his contract offer a big fee, 15m, whatever, he will be worth it. His wages will be daft in the current climate but fuck it we will the two best "strikers" in the world

As for Mascherano, he had a fair few poor games last season, toilet on a few occasions even, but he also had a fair few absolutely cracking performances also... he is a great player.

I also love the little bastard and would be gutted if we shipped him out.

Norfolk and Chance

I would take eto'o but not by sacrificing masch, hell not.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34140.msg887262#msg887262 date=1244882291]
I would swap them. But only if it included a massive wodge too.
Etoo has one year left he could buy out his contract for 5m so why would we swap a 30m midfielder with 4 years to run.
Etoo plus 15m and im in.

And madrid can get fucked. They want Alonso they can stump up 30m
[/quote]

Your ten mill short of my shout, they want alonso they can pay way above top dollar and prepared to get fucked by us for a change

Eto'o + 15M for Masch would be a very good deal.
We cant sell our 2 central midfielders though. I dont want to see Lucas near our team again.
As for the Alonso/Robben swap deal, its tempting but that would send the wrong signals.
We're not a selling club.

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34140.msg887416#msg887416 date=1244899910]
Eto'o + 15M for Masch would be a very good deal.
We cant sell our 2 central midfielders though. I dont want to see Lucas near our team again.
As for the Alonso/Robben swap deal, its tempting but that would send the wrong signals.
We're not a selling club.
[/quote]

Exactly.

I'd sooner put that £15M received into landing Robben or someone of his ilk.

That said, I can't see us getting that amount because it effectively means they value Eto'o at £5-8M!

Xabi and Mascher both have three years left on their contracts, don't they? So even if they DO want to leave, we don't have to sell them. I'm not really tempted by any of these deals, though the thought of getting Eto'o would be very exciting.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34140.msg887426#msg887426 date=1244902645]
Xabi and Mascher both have three years left on their contracts, don't they? So even if they DO want to leave, we don't have to sell them. I'm not really tempted by any of these deals, though the thought of getting Eto'o would be very exciting.

[/quote]

your not excited by robben, he would be class on our left

being able to feild; torres, gerrard, kuyt, eto'o and robben in attack does sound very exciting but we would be soft as shite through the middle.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34140.msg887442#msg887442 date=1244904459]
being able to feild; torres, gerrard, kuyt, eto'o and robben in attack does sound very exciting but we would be soft as shite through the middle.
[/quote]

If we had all those players then Gerrard would move to centre midfield surely.

[quote author=LFD link=topic=34140.msg887444#msg887444 date=1244904932]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34140.msg887442#msg887442 date=1244904459]
[/quote]

If we had all those players then Gerrard would move to centre midfield surely.
[/quote]

Or Plessis could be drafted in.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34140.msg887426#msg887426 date=1244902645]

[/quote]

I'll go with that.

Chris B is back

By CHRIS BASCOMBE, 13/06/2009
JAVIER MASCHERANO'S family anguish is behind his shock threat to quit Liverpool.

In the latest shattering transfer blow to manager Rafa Benitez, the Argentina skipper is considering leaving because his pregnant wife Fernanda has been unable to settle on Merseyside.

She returned to South America with the couple's daughter Lola before the end of last season. And although the 25-year-old midfielder is professionally happy at Anfield, the personal despair at being apart from his family means he feels he has no option but to consider moving on.

He thinks it will be easier for his wife to live in a Spanish-speaking country.

Benitez has insisted the midfielder is not for sale at any price, despite an imminent £30million bid from Barcelona. But the Liverpool boss has a fight on his hands to keep Mascherano given his difficult circumstances.

A Kop source said: "The truth is Javier loves Liverpool and is especially thankful to Rafa for everything he has done for his career in England. But he's facing a huge dilemma because he feels his family might be more settled in Spain. Nothing is certain, but it's true it's a big problem for the club."

With Xabi Alonso also determined to force through a move to La Liga, the spine of the Liverpool team could be ripped apart before the start of next season.

Benitez and Alonso remain on collision course, with the Spanish playmaker likely to try to force through a move after the Confederations Cup.

The only consolation for Benitez is that he could collect more than £50m in transfer fees for the two players - cash he could reinvest in the side.

On the other hand, replacing two world-class central midfielders will not be easy, especially as Liverpool have already missed out on their prime target Gareth Barry.

Benitez has still not given up hope of signing Valencia's David Silva. He has revived his interest in the 23-year-old Spaniard since Carlos Tevez declared his preference for Manchester City over Liverpool.

Do we have to read the bile from that fat judas rat?

The only thing earth shattering is his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom