• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Dear

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884116#msg884116 date=1244459129]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884112#msg884112 date=1244458957]
[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884105#msg884105 date=1244458628]
oh yea like we had secrecy last year with barry? or the year before with torres? or secrecy with reina, pennant, masch, yossi, skertel, agger?

the only ones that really weren't public knowledge was babel and arbeloa

oh there is plenty going on with signings right now.

i thought that rafa wanted to be in charge so the signings could be done quickly or have i made that up?

[/quote]

You are so fucking dull and one paced its untrue.

Rafa wanted better communication and quicker action so that decisions could be executed faster to ensure more success. That's got nothing to do with when during a window the action takes place.

Not only are we nowhere near halfway through the silly season yet, much like when Chelsea got the chequebook out a few years back, we are seing the same reactive window occuring this year. Any proposed Liverpool purchase halfway useful to these other clubs will be presented by the agent of the player involved, the selling club etc. to Man City/Chelsea in an effort to drive up the price, and Man City will inflate the market, until they get their purchases in.
[/quote]

of course it does - and how does what you've just said relate to silva that rafa met last week?
[/quote]

Alright, so what you are saying, for instance, is that if we brought in a left winger late on in the transfer season, thus making Babel even more surplus to requirements, any purchase by any other club of Babel would represent them moving slowly in the transfer market, even if they did so the second after we brought the new winger in?

The transfer market is a fluid situation, you need to be able to act quickly on opportunities that present themselves, from the first to the last day.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884113#msg884113 date=1244459012]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34047.msg884110#msg884110 date=1244458826]

i thought that rafa wanted to be in charge so the signings could be done quickly or have i made that up?

[/quote]

How many significant signings have been made by any prem clubs to date then Rage?

[/quote]

that's not the point, the other teams didn't complain about their transfer policy.
[/quote]

You're making silly comment after silly comment Rage. The transfer window has only just opened up and TBH i can't think of more than 1 signing made by any of Europes top clubs, yet you are still constantly whining on like its all Rafa's fault..

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884114#msg884114 date=1244459104]
[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884113#msg884113 date=1244459012]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34047.msg884110#msg884110 date=1244458826]

[/quote]

How many significant signings have been made by any prem clubs to date then Rage?

[/quote]

that's not the point, the other teams didn't complain about their transfer policy.
[/quote]

He wasn't fucking complaining simply that he wasn't getting the transfers done early, he was saying when an opportunity arose, it wasn't executed on quickly. That opportunity, especially in a market like this, may take a little time to develop.
[/quote]

Also I don't think he was happy that he had players agreeing to join us, only for the deals to fall through when passed over to Parry.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884123#msg884123 date=1244459321]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884120#msg884120 date=1244459213]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884115#msg884115 date=1244459107]
It's still the beginning of June rage and the only transfer of any note thus far has been Barry to City. Why are you panicing?

We will spend money as we always do.
[/quote]

In lieu of being able to shit on the purchases and sales that Rafa has made, he's now only left to shit on the fact that, like pretty much every club in the world, not much is happening.
[/quote]

did rafa buy well last season then?
[/quote]

No. That's got nothing to do with what we are talking about though.

Almost everyone here is well aware of what a missed opportunity last summer was, only we aren't quite so bereft of perspective as you are, so we tend to not make increasingly boring black and white arguments about everything and, in this case, nothing.

Your rudimentary one sided opinion on everything brings absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Slightly off topic - Javier Mascherano is 25 today. Happy birthday Jefecito, and may you celebrate many more at Anfield! ;D

once rafa has got rid of the shit he's bought and brought in 1st team players in the positions we need then he can be praised. but as it stands so far this window the targets that we had before it opened seem to be or have gone somewhere else (silva and barry), we're in for some nobody from the italian league for 15 to 20 million and the players we should be getting rid of no-one wants for anywhere near what we payed for.

boring black and white you say - in the footballing world it is black and white, you either win trophies or your a loser

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884138#msg884138 date=1244460057]
once rafa has got rid of the shit he's bought and brought in 1st team players in the positions we need then he can be praised. but as it stands so far this window the targets that we had before it opened seem to be or have gone somewhere else (silva and barry), we're in for some nobody from the italian league for 15 to 20 million and the players we should be getting rid of no-one wants for anywhere near what we payed for.

boring black and white you say - in the footballing world it is black and white, you either win trophies or your a loser
[/quote]

You don't know who our transfer targets are / were and Silva has gone nowhere yet.

[/quote]

Black and white. Not buy Barry BAD!!! Buy Barry GOOD!! BARRY NOT WANT COME UNLESS WE PAY HIM MORE THAN MANY BETTER PLAYERS IN TEAM!!! RAGE SMASH!!! RAFA BAD!!

Since it's all so black and white, why don't you fuck off, and come back at the end of next season and post your very own thread "Rage's Verdict" where you indicate whether we won trophies, or whether Rafa's still a loser. I'm sure it'll be really illuminating.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884143#msg884143 date=1244460296]

[/quote]

You don't know who our transfer targets are / were and Silva has gone nowhere yet.
[/quote]

Maybe goal.com sounded credible again so he's comfortably accepted it as fact?

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=34047.msg884135#msg884135 date=1244460007]
Slightly off topic - Javier Mascherano is 25 today. Happy birthday Jefecito, and may you celebrate many more at Anfield! ;D
[/quote]

Happy Birthday Mascher!

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884147#msg884147 date=1244460504]

[/quote]

Black and white. Not buy Barry BAD!!! Buy Barry GOOD!! BARRY NOT WANT COME UNLESS WE PAY HIM MORE THAN MANY BETTER PLAYERS IN TEAM!!! RAGE SMASH!!! RAFA BAD!!

Since it's all so black and white, why don't you fuck off, and come back at the end of next season and post your very own thread "Rage's Verdict" where you indicate whether we won trophies, or whether Rafa's still a loser. I'm sure it'll be really illuminating.
[/quote]

why if rafa fails to win the title next season will you agree he should be sacked? my verdict is that rafa was brought in on a mandate he has failed to deliver after 5 years in charge. of course its not his fault is it?

we need to buy proven quality and the more time passes the more its clearer we have no idea what that proven quality looks like and will end up imo with some panic buys. i'll pick this up with you when the window closes, doesn't have to be next season or do you think that if we don't improve this window we'll compete for the title as we are?

So if all these reports are to be believed, we are about to sell dossena, arbeloa, benayoun, Xabi and mash. Yes, of course.

Its all desperate speculation. Rafa knows he was very very close to the league last year and, with the possible exception of dossena, will no doubt be trying to retain all the players named above and adding to the squad.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=34047.msg884077#msg884077 date=1244456469]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34047.msg884071#msg884071 date=1244456167]
the transfer window is turning into a nightmare
[/quote]

Why? We haven't bought or sold anyone yet.
[/quote]

Someone needs to rein in the hystericals again!

Rage...

Who are out transfer targets?

Which club has Silva moved to? Can you post a link to an article confirming the transfer?

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=34047.msg884167#msg884167 date=1244461291]
So if all these reports are to be believed, we are about to sell dossena, arbeloa, benayoun, Xabi and mash. Yes, of course.

Its all desperate speculation. Rafa knows he was very very close to the league last year and, with the possible exception of dossena, will no doubt be trying to retain all the players named above and adding to the squad.
[/quote]

Innit.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884158#msg884158 date=1244461039]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884147#msg884147 date=1244460504]

[/quote]

[/quote]

why if rafa fails to win the title next season will you agree he should be sacked? my verdict is that rafa was brought in on a mandate he has failed to deliver after 5 years in charge. of course its not his fault is it?

we need to buy proven quality and the more time passes the more its clearer we have no idea what that proven quality looks like and will end up imo with some panic buys. i'll pick this up with you when the window closes, doesn't have to be next season or do you think that if we don't improve this window we'll compete for the title as we are?
[/quote]

1)I don't think Rafa is infallible. I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that your basic ability to understand what is going on in this transfer window, and your proclamations of failure or success, a couple weeks in, are evidence of borderline retardation.

2)Picking this up with me when the season ends won't prove anything. You happen to think that Rafa will fail in virtually everything he does, and if you are right it won't be through any great insight into this transfer market, or your understanding, it'll just be that Rafa catestrophically failed and you have a predictable polarised view point on anything... even a blind pig finds an acorn sort of thing.

3)There are a number of clubs looking for creative attacking players in the same positions as we are right now, two of which have more buying power at least in terms of transfer fees. Can you really not see how it will be slower to conclude deals when the other side is fully aware of this competition?

4) I think it's essential we make some good purchases this summer.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34047.msg884183#msg884183 date=1244461883]
This is like watching a sensitive psychoanalyst trying to reason with a rabid pig.

[/quote]

The backspace button keeps me from being banned. He makes me want to try and fit myself into a blender.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884188#msg884188 date=1244462123]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34047.msg884183#msg884183 date=1244461883]
This is like watching a sensitive psychoanalyst trying to reason with a rabid pig.

[/quote]

The backspace button keeps me from being banned. He makes me want to try and fit myself into a blender.
[/quote]

Go for a walk or something, fark - he really isn't worth it.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884172#msg884172 date=1244461379]
Rage...

Which club has Silva moved to? Can you post a link to an article confirming the transfer?
[/quote]

barry was a target but he is now at city?  the reasons why will come out soon i think. depending upon your position its either that he's a greedy fuck or he didn't fancy playing left back/midfield.

silva is/was a target to the point that rafa met him but now madrid are in for him and from what i've heard he seems interested.

no idea who our second striker target is but i'd liked to have thought it wasn't some 25 yr old from the italian league who's only scored 7 goals and might cost us 20 million

no idea who our right back target is although i'd like to see johnson or srna here.

fark you keep pressing that backspace button, my views on rafa won't change until he's delivered or been forced out.  he's been poor to average in the transfer windows, especially in identifying emerging attacking talent.  bar torres they've been average or squad player level, we now need quality and i can't see where its gonna come from.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884233#msg884233 date=1244465482]
Rage...

[/quote]

barry was a target but he is now at city? the reasons why will come out soon i think. depending upon your position its either that he's a greedy fuck or he didn't fancy playing left back/midfield.

silva is/was a target to the point that rafa met him but now madrid are in for him and from what i've heard he seems interested.

no idea who our second striker target is but i'd liked to have thought it wasn't some 25 yr old from the italian league who's only scored 7 goals and might cost us 20 million

no idea who our right back target is although i'd like to see johnson or srna here.
[/quote]

You implied that we were missing out on our targets / they're not good enough and that Silva has gone.

As you've admitted now, you don't really know who our targets are and Silva has not gone, he's just been linked with Real Madrid.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884239#msg884239 date=1244466160]
[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884233#msg884233 date=1244465482]
Rage...

[/quote]

barry was a target but he is now at city? the reasons why will come out soon i think. depending upon your position its either that he's a greedy fuck or he didn't fancy playing left back/midfield.

[/quote]

You implied that we were missing out on our targets / they're not good enough and that Silva has gone.

As you've admitted now, you don't really know who our targets are and Silva has not gone, he's just been linked with Real Madrid.

[/quote]

no i think that the targets that we have been in for so far have gone - barry (we were in for him, i'd like to see anyone say we weren't!) tevez (we met the asking fee) and silva (who's director is now saying they will review their policy of not selling to Real)

who our second tier of targets are i am less sure about but the 25 year old striker in the italian league who scored 7 goals for 20 million is one of them.

But you don't know who our targets are nor who we've gone in for, so how on earth are you qualified to tell us anything?

A few hours ago you said in no uncertain terms that Silva was "gone".

He hasn't gone though, has he?

[/quote]
Rafa4PM will report that post.

Apparently Mascher and his wife are unsettled at Liverpool.
Eto'o + 8M for Mascher, done deal. And we keep Alonso.
Everyone is happy 8)

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34047.msg884283#msg884283 date=1244468798]
Everyone is happy 8)
[/quote][quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34047.msg884283#msg884283 date=1244468798]
Everyone is happy 8)
[/quote]

that would please you? hmm I dunno...

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34047.msg884288#msg884288 date=1244469538]
[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34047.msg884283#msg884283 date=1244468798]
Everyone is happy 8)
[/quote][quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=34047.msg884283#msg884283 date=1244468798]
Everyone is happy 8)
[/quote]

that would please you? hmm I dunno...
[/quote]
That would. Eto'o is the best striker in the world and would not be another "Robbie Keane".
Mascher had an average season and if rumours are true, we should let him go.
Gerrard behind Torres and Eto'o.
Yeah I know that would disrupt our "magnificent" 4-5-1...

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=34047.msg884301#msg884301 date=1244470522]
Gerrard behind Torres and Eto'o.

Le Chacal's ultimate wet dream.
[/quote]
Indeed
Unfortunately it will remain a dream.
We'll end up with Tuncay, Martinez and Johnson. :-\

madness to contemplate breaking up the gerrard torres axis. if masherano leaves than a central midfielder has to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom