• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peatcheo

Well-Known
http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/08/1311996/barcelona-coach-pep-guardiola-has-initiated-contact-with

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Has Initiated Contact With Javier Mascherano - Report
Pep could be about to get his first reinforcement for the new season…
8 Jun 2009 07:43:39

Reports in Spain and England last week suggested that Barcelona were already preparing various offers, including a €22.8 million bid, to tempt Liverpool into selling midfielder Javier Mascherano.

Now, the Argentine newspaper, Clarin, has claimed that Blaugrana coach Pep Guardiola has already had a conversation with the Albiceleste captain while the Catalan club have made a follow-up by initiating formal talks.

“Barcelona have already began contact with Mascherano after coach Guardiola had a chat with the Liverpool player,†the paper said.

Guardiola had requested to the Barca board to sign three or four top-class players to further strengthen the team, and Mascherano has long been one of those at the top of the shopping list.

It is believed, however, that a move for the Reds midfielder is highly dependent on Toure Yaya’s future, but the Argentine’s arrival at the Camp Nou could now be hastened after the Ivory Coast man reportedly turned down Barca’s latest contract offer.

Liverpool are also under threat of losing Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid.

KS Leong, Goal.com

Is Guardiola allowed to talk to our player?

We can't possibly lose both our CM players in one summer. No matter how much we got for them, they'd be impossible to adequately replace and would set us back a long way.

I'd take Yaya Touré in part-ex though.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34047.msg884056#msg884056 date=1244455328]

We can't possibly lose both our CM players in one summer. No matter how much we got for them, they'd be impossible to adequately replace and would set us back a long way.

[/quote]

Thats what I thought, surely Guardiola cannot speak to him without the clubs permission?

I agree losing two top top quality CM's will be too hard to replace.

I think it's bollocks, and thats because;
a) its from Goal.com
b) we're selling him for the same amount we paid for him
c)Rafa wont sell him

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34047.msg884056#msg884056 date=1244455328]

[/quote]

Would you? God I don't know who I'd want to replace Masher.

However, it's preposterous to lose both of CM's in one transfer window. Won't happen surely.

Atletico Madrid Ask Liverpool About Benayoun And Arbeloa - Report

Atletico Madrid are seeking to bolster their squad for next season's campaign by recruiting two of Liverpool's stars.

Having qualified for the Champions League, Atleti are keen to strengthen their squad, and they have turned their attention to Liverpool, a club with whom they share good relations, following the sale of Fernando Torres.

According to AS, Atleti are keen to snap up Yossi Benayoun and Alvaro Arbeloa. Benayoun already has extensive experience of Spanish football, having spent three seasons at Racing Santander.

Arbeloa, of course, has also played in Spain before, although he has only made 22 appearances in the top flight, 20 of those with Deportivo. He is yet to renew his contract, which expires in 2010, so Liverpool may be tempted to sell, rather than seeing him leave for free next summer.

Benayoun, meanwhile, has recently stated his desire to remain at Anfield, despite earlier in the season expressing reservations over a lack of playing time.

If the deal does go through, it could raise the intriguing possibility of the pair playing against Liverpool in the Champions League.

Hmm interesting. Lets line ups some swap deals with them.

This summer's getting worse & worse by the day...

At least last year we didn't lose our best players.

I once had a flickering thought that we would sell Arbeloa to Athletico for a shitload of money.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34047.msg884071#msg884071 date=1244456167]
the transfer window is turning into a nightmare
[/quote]

Why? We haven't bought or sold anyone yet.

we look like we're more of a selling club than a buying one, only problem is people want our better players than the likes of lucas.

its not looking good - when you don't win trophies it makes it easier for glamour teams like real and barca to try to take players like masch and alonso.

be interested to see what sort of swap deals would be possible regarding arbeloa and dare i say yossi although i'd rather keep hold of yossi for squad strength.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34047.msg884066#msg884066 date=1244455770]

Atletico Madrid are seeking to bolster their squad for next season's campaign by recruiting two of Liverpool's stars.

Having qualified for the Champions League, Atleti are keen to strengthen their squad, and they have turned their attention to Liverpool, a club with whom they share good relations, following the sale of Fernando Torres.

According to AS, Atleti are keen to snap up Yossi Benayoun and Alvaro Arbeloa. Benayoun already has extensive experience of Spanish football, having spent three seasons at Racing Santander.

Arbeloa, of course, has also played in Spain before, although he has only made 22 appearances in the top flight, 20 of those with Deportivo. He is yet to renew his contract, which expires in 2010, so Liverpool may be tempted to sell, rather than seeing him leave for free next summer.

Benayoun, meanwhile, has recently stated his desire to remain at Anfield, despite earlier in the season expressing reservations over a lack of playing time.

If the deal does go through, it could raise the intriguing possibility of the pair playing against Liverpool in the Champions League.

[/quote]

Is that true about Arbeloa's contract? Not again, surely? Have we offered him a new deal?

[/quote]

Yeah it sure is!

We've signed loads of shite players and all of our best ones have left.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=34047.msg884077#msg884077 date=1244456469]
[/quote]

Why? We haven't bought or sold anyone yet.
[/quote]

Exactly right.

People are getting swayed by all the negative speculation we're getting at the moment. And that's all it is: speculation.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884079#msg884079 date=1244456613]
we look like we're more of a selling club than a buying one, only problem is people want our better players than the likes of lucas.

its not looking good - when you don't win trophies it makes it easier for glamour teams like real and barca to try to take players like masch and alonso.

be interested to see what sort of swap deals would be possible regarding arbeloa and dare i say yossi although i'd rather keep hold of yossi for squad strength.
[/quote]

Only to those that soak up the shit. When we start selling our best players you can go for it but until then why give it credence. I have to admit we are getting an inordinate amount of negative press these days but there is an internet media war going on and bad news creates hits.

Doesn't make it true though.

Sadly the "money troubles we have" is bringing flies to shit. Some of these stories are pure speculation at best!!!

[quote author=Biggus Dickus link=topic=34047.msg884088#msg884088 date=1244457026]
[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884079#msg884079 date=1244456613]

[/quote]

Only to those that soak up the shit. When we start selling our best players you can go for it but until then why give it credence. I have to admit we are getting an inordinate amount of negative press these days but there is an internet media war going on and bad news creates hits.

Doesn't make it true though.

yea cos its only shit when its bad news else its stuff to get excited about.

the alonso story is far from shit, the masch story is credible and i see no reason to doubt the story regarding a.madrid

as for doseena leaving for half what we bought him for is that shit? i think it has an element of truth

barry going to city shit? we chased him all last summer

silva talking to madrid shit, augero being flattered by interest from chelsea shit? us bidding for some drama queen in the italian league shit?

i suppose the lack of interest in lucas and babel so far is also untrue?

come on so far its not looking good and we can't blame parry.

we don't even have any idea of who we're in for and too many of the players that may leave are the ones we should be keeping hold of.
[/quote]

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884097#msg884097 date=1244457767]
yea cos its only shit when its bad news else its stuff to get excited about.

the alonso story is far from shit, the masch story is credible and i see no reason to doubt the story regarding a.madrid

as for doseena leaving for half what we bought him for is that shit? i think it has an element of truth

barry going to city shit? we chased him all last summer

silva talking to madrid shit, augero being flattered by interest from chelsea shit? us bidding for some drama queen in the italian league shit?

i suppose the lack of interest in lucas and babel so far is also untrue?

come on so far its not looking good and we can't blame parry.

we don't even have any idea of who we're in for and too many of the players that may leave are the ones we should be keeping hold of.
[/quote]

So your response to the fairly simple criticism that you are reacting to mere speculation is basically to just say that it all seems credible to you? Brilliant.

Also, you put it in your "not looking good" column that we don't even have any idea of who we're in for. Are you thick?

ATTENTION WORLD, due to lack of decent internet fodder for Rage to go into rant #345b about Rafa, we've decided to risk any secrecy in our dealings by announcing that we are definitely going after player X. Oh, sorry, did I say WORLD? I meant, the world except for Man City, Chelsea etc. Forget what you've heard, other interested parties.

So you conclude what we need is POSITIVE unsubstantiated speculation from shit media outlets? Not signings? Do you understand how news works. Right now there is fuck all going on by way of signings, and negative stories about LFC will sell copy to a certain brand of idiot.

oh yea like we had secrecy last year with barry? or the year before with torres? or secrecy with reina, pennant, masch, yossi, skertel, agger?

the only ones that really weren't public knowledge was babel and arbeloa

oh there is plenty going on with signings right now.

i thought that rafa wanted to be in charge so the signings could be done quickly or have i made that up?

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884105#msg884105 date=1244458628]

i thought that rafa wanted to be in charge so the signings could be done quickly or have i made that up?

[/quote]

How many significant signings have been made by any prem clubs to date then Rage?

oh yea like we had secrecy last year with barry? or the year before with torres? or secrecy with reina, pennant, masch, yossi, skertel, agger?

[/quote]

You are so fucking dull and one paced its untrue.

Rafa wanted better communication and quicker action so that decisions could be executed faster to ensure more success. That's got nothing to do with when during a window the action takes place.

Not only are we nowhere near halfway through the silly season yet, much like when Chelsea got the chequebook out a few years back, we are seing the same reactive window occuring this year. Any proposed Liverpool purchase halfway useful to these other clubs will be presented by the agent of the player involved, the selling club etc. to Man City/Chelsea in an effort to drive up the price, and Man City will inflate the market, until they get their purchases in. Reactive market, many moves will follow one another.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34047.msg884110#msg884110 date=1244458826]

[/quote]

How many significant signings have been made by any prem clubs to date then Rage?

[/quote]

that's not the point, the other teams didn't complain about their transfer policy.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34047.msg884113#msg884113 date=1244459012]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34047.msg884110#msg884110 date=1244458826]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that's not the point, the other teams didn't complain about their transfer policy.
[/quote]

He wasn't fucking complaining simply that he wasn't getting the transfers done early, he was saying when an opportunity arose, it wasn't executed on quickly. That opportunity, especially in a market like this, may take a little time to develop.

It's still the beginning of June rage and the only transfer of any note thus far has been Barry to City. Why are you panicing?

We will spend money as we always do.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884112#msg884112 date=1244458957]

[/quote]

You are so fucking dull and one paced its untrue.

Rafa wanted better communication and quicker action so that decisions could be executed faster to ensure more success. That's got nothing to do with when during a window the action takes place.

Not only are we nowhere near halfway through the silly season yet, much like when Chelsea got the chequebook out a few years back, we are seing the same reactive window occuring this year. Any proposed Liverpool purchase halfway useful to these other clubs will be presented by the agent of the player involved, the selling club etc. to Man City/Chelsea in an effort to drive up the price, and Man City will inflate the market, until they get their purchases in.
[/quote]

of course it does - and how does what you've just said relate to silva that rafa met last week?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884115#msg884115 date=1244459107]
It's still the beginning of June rage and the only transfer of any note thus far has been Barry to City. Why are you panicing?

[/quote]

In lieu of being able to shit on the purchases and sales that Rafa has made, he's now only left to shit on the fact that, like pretty much every club in the world, not much is happening.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=34047.msg884120#msg884120 date=1244459213]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=34047.msg884115#msg884115 date=1244459107]

[/quote]

In lieu of being able to shit on the purchases and sales that Rafa has made, he's now only left to shit on the fact that, like pretty much every club in the world, not much is happening.
[/quote]

did rafa buy well last season then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom