• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Morton to Leverkusen?

Morton should only be sent somewhere where he could command a starting spot.
Although being coached by Xabi could improve his game

Bizarre, he’s not ready for a Leverkusen, this would be Carvalho to Leipzig all over again….but if they want him to be a squad filler then we should tell them the loan fee is 10m + Frimpong or Tapsoba.

Bizarre, he’s not ready for a Leverkusen, this would be Carvalho to Leipzig all over again….but if they want him to be a squad filler then we should tell them the loan fee is 10m + Frimpong or Tapsoba.
The important thing is if Alonso thinks he's good enough to contribute. I watched him a few times last season and always thought he was the quality player on the pitch.

The important thing is if Alonso thinks he's good enough to contribute. I watched him a few times last season and always thought he was the quality player on the pitch.

Didn’t we turn down their approach to take Chambers on loan last summer and sent him to Wigan instead? If it’s a loan move we’re sanctioning then surely the club will not make the same mistake twice and want guarentees on game time….if it’s a sale then that can happen under normal circumstances as he wouldn’t be our player any longer.

Didn’t we turn down their approach to take Chambers on loan last summer and sent him to Wigan instead? If it’s a loan move we’re sanctioning then surely the club will not make the same mistake twice and want guarentees on game time….if it’s a sale then that can happen under normal circumstances as he wouldn’t be our player any longer.
We normally write clauses into loan deals to ensure that either the players gets minutes (our preferred outcome) or, if he doesn't, that we get a higher fee (which is more of a threat to ensure the player gets minutes, rather than an attempt to make a profit).
That's often why some of our deals end up getting terminated in the January window - they're not working out so we try to get the player somewhere else where he'll get minutes. We'd rather do that than take a higher fee and see the player stagnate.

We normally write clauses into loan deals to ensure that either the players gets minutes (our preferred outcome) or, if he doesn't, that we get a higher fee (which is more of a threat to ensure the player gets minutes, rather than an attempt to make a profit).
That's often why some of our deals end up getting terminated in the January window - they're not working out so we try to get the player somewhere else where he'll get minutes. We'd rather do that than take a higher fee and see the player stagnate.
I had this chat with a tranmere ST holder once. They didn’t like it because we’re trying to dictate their side. I think he came around when I pointed out if the player wasn’t playing then is it better to train alongside Jason Koumas or Gerrard.

I had this chat with a tranmere ST holder once. They didn’t like it because we’re trying to dictate their side. I think he came around when I pointed out if the player wasn’t playing then is it better to train alongside Jason Koumas or Gerrard.
You're dating this conversation pretty precisely there.

I think in Morten - Xabi sees a young version of himself. He should definitely go to learn under him.

It’s possible.

Given their situations and what they’ve just come back from I’m totally with the club loaning Baj and keeping Morton around.
Yeah, no reason why we can't keep one of them this season (if we're not bying a senior #6).

Back
Top Bottom