• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Media : Who's Tipping Who for the Title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35200.msg924144#msg924144 date=1250242718]
It is true that Ronaldo won them a lot of tight games against 'lesser' clubs.

Surely to God they have to miss that.
[/quote]

you could argue the slack will be picked up by rooney who will play more centrally.

It's not like Rooney has played every game he has ever played for Salford on the wing.
He has played 100+ games centrally for them and he never led the scoring charts.

I don't think we can rely on United being significantly weaker than last season, or Chelsea and Arsenal staying at the same level. To win the league, we'll probably need to get 90+ pts, assuming we're not going to equal or better our amazing record last season against the other top clubs.

Utd will definitely be weaker. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. There isn't a team on the planet who wouldn't be seriously weakened by losing Ronaldo. He was so pivotal to their play and his goal scoring record was just ridiculous. Rooney being shunted centre won't fill that void.

Quite. They'll regroup of course, and will definitely still be there or thereabouts, but Ronaldo will be a huge miss for them.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35200.msg924239#msg924239 date=1250246910]
Utd will definitely be weaker. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. There isn't a team on the planet who wouldn't be seriously weakened by losing Ronaldo. He was so pivotal to their play and his goal scoring record was just ridiculous. Rooney being shunted centre won't fill that void.
[/quote]

They wont try to fill that void.

See, Ronaldo gave them goals, but they lacked the typical Utd team cohesion & work ethic they previously had that prevented them from getting into the position where one player had to rescue them.

That'll be back in abundance this season.

I hope to Allan I'm wrong, but I know I'm not.

Utd will be within a few points of the top or at the top come May, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

It's possible, but I don't think they were that disjointed last season.

Ronaldo is a big loss, but that won't mean anything if our players don't step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom