• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Everton Match Thread - Home - 20th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, did it seem to anyone else like the least give-a-shit derby ever?

I was sat right next to the blue shite. I mean, the most fun we had all game was picking out the biggest mongs and pointing and laughing at them until one of their mates saw what we were doing and then you'd have like 6 of them all decked out in Lonsdale shite screaming at us looking like they were going to have a stroke while we just kept giggling and pointing and taking the piss out of their shit clothes. But the match, it was very flat until we scored. We wellied them 4-0 without even trying. Something awful is going on at that club.

Ah, so that was you.

Did you at least like my new hairpiece?

Anfield HQ@AnfieldHQ 5m5 minutes ago
Funes Mori has taken to Instagram to apologise for his tackle on @DivockOrigi yesterday. #lfc
Cgk-gImXEAARSzp.jpg

His own assistant manager berated him when he left the field. Origi had made a fool of him and he couldn't keep his temper. He meant it all right.

Last edited:
I've never seen such a lack of fight from them

My brothers didn't respond to the torrent of abuse that me and other Red directed at them, but one did say "I want us to keep getting beat, so that he's sacked. Bit like you when Rodgers was manager"

That's not really fair, as I never did that, because Liverpool winning is more important to me, but it does illustrate the depth of feeling about Martinez.

Dead man walking, as the media love to say. Last night was a career-ending, insipid display from Everton. It will be very interesting to see what kind of performance they deliver against United.

Wanting your team to lose because you think it will result in a change of manager is pretty bone-headed. Every time your team loses, they are just deeper in the shit than they were before.

Wanting your team to lose because you think it will result in a change of manager is pretty bone-headed. Every time your team loses, they are just deeper in the shit than they were before.

I know, but we saw a bit of it ourselves with the last three managers. Not as much or obvious as the current discontent with Martinez...apart from arguably the dark days of Hodgson.

But you can understand the logic to a point. See also: United fans and Moyes/ LVG

Nah, it's not something I ever see the logic behind. If they're gonna go, they're gonna go. If your board are stupid enough to let a managers future hinge on one game, when we're talking about a manager in a position with the responsibility of spending huge amounts of money and deciding the tactics that can decide future revenue, attraction, etc. Wishing for defeat is stupid. You just hope that you win and that your board are clever enough to be observing the bigger picture and to not be conned into reprieves everytime there's a good result.

Last edited:
There was deffo one person celebrating losses on here. Describing the horrific loss to Stoke as being like Christmas morning stands out.

What a fucking tit.

The 6-1 debacle? That just made me furious.

I have to admit, I watched that Hodgson Wolves death sentence (just after Xmas) and while I wasn't happy, I just felt...numb

What was with that guy in the away end wearing a fucking Napoli jersey?

We are used to seeing that kind of shit here in Australia where ppl rock up to A-League fixtures wearing United, Madrid & Barca tops .. but never in my life have I ever seen that shit before in the EPL.

surprised you haven't gotten yelled at for this yet roopy 😉

Is it possible the people wearing Napoli/ Lazio shirts were Napoli/ Lazio fans?

That's OK isn't it? In a weird footballing tourist type of way?

Seriously shit Everton team preparing for Semi final in the cup. That weak United team was their best chance to reach the final in a long time but the current state of affairs at Everton make it a walk over for United.

I reached a point where I wanted us to lose under Rodgers. It still annoyed me when we did but it carried a grim kind of satisfaction, too.

And clearly everything that's happened since has proven the wisdom of that position.

The Echo gave Mignolet a rating of N/A today.
They were right. No team should play the way Everton did. They were just not interested and a complete lack of effort and will. It is not even a game where you can actually say we played well.

There are no comparisons to aston vila either as that team tried but but lacked quality.

Milner must be annoyingly unfashionable in other walks of life because he sure isn't on here. Day after day of self congratulation and "I've always rated him" and "If his name was".

Message received loud and clear. Milner is a good player and everyone is dead clever.

Milner didn't start too well at LFC – everybody thought he was brought in to replace some of Gerrard's experience and leadership, but until recently it seemed that those shoes were way too big for him to fill. I'm really glad he seems to finally have settled and found his comfort zone here. He is a talented player – never quite in Gerrard's league, of course, but he has many traits of genuine quality and his work ethic and attitude are top-notch. His last few performances were magnificent – he played like a real leader and captain, not just a useful, but limited jack-of-all-trades he seemed to be earlier in the season. I am pretty positive that it's not a blip and Milner will continue pretty much in this vein for the rest of his career at Liverpool.

On a related topic, I really can't believe the transformation of the whole team under Klopp in a matter of a few months. It was not long ago that we had the pleasure of watching Balotelli or Benteke standing up front totally isolated with their hands on their hips while Coutinho, Lallana and co. played meaningless one-twos around the penalty area with no threat and penetration whatsoever. And every time we lost the ball we would look like conceding. Now fast forward 7 months and the whole team is so much more together and more aggressive in both attack and defense and they are starting to bring it consistently too. Having characters like Milner (and Hendo and Firmino and a few others) who took to those ideas quickly definitely helped but the way Klopp transformed the whole culture of this set of players he inherited is remarkable.

Last edited:
Excellent post. Milner's new to captaincy but has taken to that like a duck to water as well.

As for Klopp, he's re-energised not only the club but, if one believes what some journalists are writing, the whole Red section of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom