• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool.. a view from a Chelsea Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guys in deep shit I believe. The chairman of the company he works for had to make a statement saying how surprised they were to hear him speak out like that and what a nice chap he is really. Hopefully he'll get fired the thick twat.
Hopefully he'll get fired? Are all scousers this bitter? Do you want all scousers who call others scum fired too?

Hopefully he'll get fired? Are all scousers this bitter? Do you want all scousers who call others scum fired too?
Did you actually read the rest of the thread?! Plenty of differing views here, as there is everywhere.

Personally I think it's a shame anyone is sacked for something relatively harmless outside of work, but I know I'd have been sacked for going on camera saying those things & I think most people would be aware of how their company would view those actions.

That guys in deep shit I believe. The chairman of the company he works for had to make a statement saying how surprised they were to hear him speak out like that and what a nice chap he is really. Hopefully he'll get fired the thick twat.
He's not thick I can assure you. Bitter much

Nope. He'd made some absolutely fucking disgusting comments on twitter which Woland kindly brought to my attention so I fucked off him before he could do so on here.

Pretty much revelling in the fact kids died at Hillsborough, and how it was the work of God

Seemed like a full on spasticated cunt rag

Did you actually read the rest of the thread?! Plenty of differing views here, as there is everywhere.

Personally I think it's a shame anyone is sacked for something relatively harmless outside of work, but I know I'd have been sacked for going on camera saying those things & I think most people would be aware of how their company would view those actions.

Actually I don't think what he said is relatively harmless, since it wasn't said in the relative 'privacy' of a pub with friends or even on a forum such as this, but on camera and Twittered for all the world to see. There are enough twats in Manchester, London and other cities in the UK that denigrate Liverpool/Liverpudlians without someone with a loud voice adding to the misinformation available to people who don't know the city or it's citizens.

Anyway seems his company agreed with me (though of course this may just be for the company's public persona but even if that is the case it still proves it was an opinion he shouldn't have espoused on camera/twitter) :-

Just before midnight yesterday law firm Goldberg Segalla tweeted a video message from managing partner Rick Cohen.
He said: “Clive O’Connell’s comments are entirely inconsistent with our ethos.
“His words are offensive, plain and simple. “His conduct doesn’t rise to the standard to which we hold ourselves and for these reasons we have terminated our partnership with Mr O’Connell, effective immediately.

Actually I don't think what he said is relatively harmless, since it wasn't said in the relative 'privacy' of a pub with friends or even on a forum such as this, but on camera and Twittered for all the world to see. There are enough twats in Manchester, London and other cities in the UK that denigrate Liverpool/Liverpudlians without someone with a loud voice adding to the misinformation available to people who don't know the city or it's citizens.

Anyway seems his company agreed with me (though of course this may just be for the company's public persona but even if that is the case it still proves it was an opinion he shouldn't have espoused on camera/twitter) :-

Just before midnight yesterday law firm Goldberg Segalla tweeted a video message from managing partner Rick Cohen.
He said: “Clive O’Connell’s comments are entirely inconsistent with our ethos.
“His words are offensive, plain and simple. “His conduct doesn’t rise to the standard to which we hold ourselves and for these reasons we have terminated our partnership with Mr O’Connell, effective immediately.
Ok, perhaps I should have said 'meant relatively harmlessly', I highly doubt he meant to enforce a social stigma, it was just post match vitriol spouted when angry, we've all been guilty of shit like that I'm sure.

Any tool who seeks attention by posting stuff on social media that deliberately seeks to antagonise or shock others and then ends up in the shit because of it needs to have a look at themselves first rather than start blaming others.

Agree with this, but... when I did that shaqiri / albania / stoke tweet that went viral, there were people wanting me dead, and it was only a stupid little joke. I was glad my account was anonymous anyways.

The thing about Clive is... I've talked about footy with him for years on twitter... I followed him back, as a chelsea fan city lawyer, because he was willing to take the piss out of himself, he was totally on board with the justice campaign, he does hate George fucking Osborne and the rest of the lizard cunts (despite thousands of our lot calling him a tory southern cunt for the last week)... he's alright... but, and it's a big but... he's not very funny. I think he started writing blogs and stuff for Chelsea fans, those weather forecasts, and because they're generally a humourless load of mongs they all loved them, and then I noticed last month he'd started doing podcasts with their equivalent of the anfield wrap or whatever... and I reckon that maybe his city job bored the tits off him and he'd perhaps allowed himself to get into character or something, hence the rant after the match. This is all speculative... but either way, I feel sorry for him. He hasn't got any malice in him. He doesn't think we're all scum. He has fucked up, but for me the price he's paying is a bit too high.

Fair play to you for standing up for him then. It wouldn't have bothered me particularly if he'd kept his job, but I don't think the decision to fire him for such a major lapse of judgment is unreasonable.

Agree with this, but... when I did that shaqiri / albania / stoke tweet that went viral, there were people wanting me dead, and it was only a stupid little joke. I was glad my account was anonymous anyways.

The thing about Clive is... I've talked about footy with him for years on twitter... I followed him back, as a chelsea fan city lawyer, because he was willing to take the piss out of himself, he was totally on board with the justice campaign, he does hate George fucking Osborne and the rest of the lizard cunts (despite thousands of our lot calling him a tory southern cunt for the last week)... he's alright... but, and it's a big but... he's not very funny. I think he started writing blogs and stuff for Chelsea fans, those weather forecasts, and because they're generally a humourless load of mongs they all loved them, and then I noticed last month he'd started doing podcasts with their equivalent of the anfield wrap or whatever... and I reckon that maybe his city job bored the tits off him and he'd perhaps allowed himself to get into character or something, hence the rant after the match. This is all speculative... but either way, I feel sorry for him. He hasn't got any malice in him. He doesn't think we're all scum. He has fucked up, but for me the price he's paying is a bit too high.

I'm not arsed about the interview thing or the blog to be honest mate I think it's funny when people see their arse over things football related but when you're an undoubtedly intelligent person (which he is obviously to be in the job he's in) then to put yourself in a position of risk over inconsequential shite is a bit naive isn't it ? There's hundreds of thousands of people who have dickhead views. Some feel the need to bleat about them to fill some attention deficiency or void in their lives and some don't. He should have known the more you bang on about stupid shit whether in humour or not then sooner or later someone is gonna take offence to it and set out to call you out. The fact is, no matter the intention of a statement, people will form their own opinion of it and act upon it. Like what happened with you. The difference is you're not accountable to anyone apart from your customers I guess. He was and once the internet warriors sought to expose him he left his employers with little choice. And why ? All that shit in his life now just because he couldn't quell the need to get all shouty about shit he didn't like. I agree him losing his job is OTT but the louder you shout the more likely people will pick up on it and, when you're in a high profile position, then people will make even more of an issue of it. So he and his mates can bemoan the internet campaigning bellends for his current professional malaise but the fact remains if he hadn't have acted a bit of a dick and gone over the top more than once then he'd still be sitting pretty in his massively well paid job right now. Actions and words have consequences whether those consequences are deserved or not.

I've seen people saying that it wasn't the rant that got him sacked but those blogs... They mightn't have been very funny but they were supposed to be satire... and because of that he didn't try to hide them. I mean he'd post a link to some seminar he'd been talking at and then post a link to one of his chelsea blogs, so his bosses and colleagues were reading all of that stuff before he lost his rag outside the ground. It wasn't like he was hiding any of that stuff, because it was all supposed to be a bit of a laugh.

So if it was the rant... then it's a real lesson to anyone who has a camera thrown in front of them when you've just been beaten. Smile. Breath in the through the nose, out through the mouth. Say how much you enjoyed the entertainment the world deigned to provide and how you must now dash back to your boring little passionless apolitical life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom