• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

It's finally over. Thought's about our squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give you Cazorla, he's been running their show for a while. But Walcott can be hit and miss, Wilshere is injury prone and Giroud has not shown any longer term consistency.

I still prefer our attacking options. And I definitely prefer our defensive options!!!

Walcott is hit and miss, but then again, so is Coutinho currently.

Wilshere is injury prone, but so is Sturridge

Giroud is starting to show consistency, but I'd rather he stops now ... 😉

I think our defensive options are stronger.

Attacking wise, we're definitely on a par. Sturridge > Giroud, Suarez > Ozil, Carzola > Coutinho, Walcott > Moses. It's very close. Both our midfields are weak, I think ours is a little more balanced though. Our defense and goalkeepers are much much better though.

I think we did reasonably well.

Although I don't get the signings of Aspas and Alberto.

One good player instead of two average ones would have been better.

I think Aspas and Alberto were bought as insurance, in case we failed to bring in the really big fish (which we did).

Wise given the amounts that some clubs are willing to throw around these days and our lack of pulling power

If we had bid for Aspas after failing with Mkh, Willian, Costa, etc I bet Celta Vigo could easily have made us pay upwards of 15million

I think we did reasonably well.

Although I don't get the signings of Aspas and Alberto.

One good player instead of two average ones would have been better.

Fair point, well made. I'm in the "jurys out" on those two for the moment. Aspas has shown he can be positively involved in the front 3 and make a difference but between him and Suarez, its a no brainer! But we can't have a world class back up as what decent player would come as a back up to Suarez?

The Alberto one does seem a bit strange though.

Fair point, well made. I'm in the "jurys out" on those two for the moment. Aspas has shown he can be positively involved in the front 3 and make a difference but between him and Suarez, its a no brainer! But we can't have a world class back up as what decent player would come as a back up to Suarez?

The Alberto one does seem a bit strange though.

Well, I'm perfectly prepared to give them the benefit of doubt too.

Although I have to say that Aspas got on my nerves vs United. One thing I hate most about footballers is when they wave imaginary cards at the ref.

If he cuts this shit out and if he's able to break his duck maybe, just maybe we have a player there.

But as you said, the jury's out.

It's fair enough to say jury's out on those two; there's only one season of top-flight football between the two. Them adjusting to the league overnight and producing the goods is a bonus at this stage. We can't realistically count on them, but it'd be awesome if we could.

It's fair enough to say jury's out on those two; there's only one season of top-flight football between the two. Them adjusting to the league overnight and producing the goods is a bonus at this stage. We can't realistically count on them, but it'd be awesome if we could.

But then again we spent 14 million pounds (is that correct?) on two players who we can not be sure if they'll succeed.

Given that we have a gap to close on 4th position we would have needed someone who would be able to hit the ground running.

And neither of them is.

This is why I don't get these signings.

But then again we spent 14 million pounds (is that correct?) on two players who we can not be sure if they'll succeed.

Given that we have a gap to close on 4th position we would have needed someone who would be able to hit the ground running.

And neither of them is.

This is why I don't get these signings.

Not sure about the exact numbers, but yeah, for the combined total spent on the two, an argument can be made that the money for them could have been better spent on a proven and established talent like Eriksen, or devoted towards the signing of Yarmolenko, a player who has the goal tally and burliness to hustle in our league.

It's a calculated risk taken by the committee for sure.

You've got to say we are now overly blessed in defence. I wouldnt be surprised if 1 or 2 leave in January in order to free up funds for a CM and another attacking player.

Watching Sakho from the Youtube clips I think with him and Agger we could possibly have the best defence in the league this year. And in my eyes that was our weakness last season along with Pepe. Its good to see Rodgers identified that and has made some great signings to boost our defence.

I for one am very confident this year. If we can get CL then who knows where we can go in the next few seasons once we can attract top class signings again?

It's surprising without logic at cb, but better to have extra cover than not. Not too worried about midfield and attack with only the league and two Cups to play for. When we make the CL, we'll need reinforcements.

I still think that we are short of at least one more creative player but we'll make do until January. Overall our squad is stronger and our form has been encouraging. 3 wins on the trot with 3 clean sheets. Defensively we seem on point. Still I want more goals.

We have a golden opportunity to close the gap on Utd and make strides of our own. Sitting at the summit is a sight to behold although I'd prefer it to be more frequent. Lead from the front like the Liverpool of old. Now to keep the winning momentum.

Moses is going to be awesome.
My mate (you know, Dave) is so unhappy its made me proper excited.

Hes gonna Coutinho the fuck out of our fans this year. The only problem is the better he is the more he will cost to sign next year. Not the worst problem in the world i suppose.
Sakho is a very exciting signing. We've all know about him for a few years and hes been regarded one of the very very best until Ancolotti benched him. I think hes going to be amazing.
We all know CM is the one big question mark. But fuck it, DM Gerrard is looking awesome so far.

Mignolet - Jones
Enrique - Cissokho
Sakho - Skrtel - Ilori
Agger - Kolo - Coates
Johnson - Wisdom

Lucas - Henderson
Gerrard - Allen

Sturridge - Aspas
Suarez - Moses
Coutinho - Sterling

Ibe, Alberto, Kelly, Teixeira etc.
Two players for every position.
Loads of options, loads of pace, Loads of youth, loads of threat.
Im delighted today.
Really excited.

Moses is going to be awesome.

My mate (you know, Dave) is so unhappy its made me proper excited.

Hes gonna Coutinho the fuck out of our fans this year. The only problem is the better he is the more he will cost to sign next year. Not the worst problem in the world i suppose.

Sakho is a very exciting signing. We've all know about him for a few years and hes been regarded one of the very very best until Ancolotti benched him. I think hes going to be amazing.

Moses - if he is awesome, do we have any chance to sign him? I hope he does great for himself, but I just hope we have a way of bringing him back to us if he turns out to be perfect for our team.

Sakho - do we know WHY ancelotti benched him? @Le Chacal was using that as a sign he's overrated. My father in law also said he's very overrated (watches the French league a lot) ... So while I'm very high on the signing ... I'm slightly worried too.

Ps-He was benched because the cash rich PSG wanted Thiago in.
Fucking stupid cunts.
Sakho is the tits.

Hes brilliant. Your dad and Lech are wankers.

father in law man ... come on ... you'd love my dad - he's that disinterested in footy type who when you turn 13 takes you to the San Siro to see Ruud Guillt return to AC Milan and beat Genoa 1-0, and go crazier than you and course off all those twats for pulling Savecevic's shirt! Sorry, nostalgia and crap

father in law man ... come on ... you'd love my dad - he's that disinterested in footy type who when you turn 13 takes you to the San Siro to see Ruud Guillt return to AC Milan and beat Genoa 1-0, and go crazier than you and course off all those twats for pulling Savecevic's shirt! Sorry, nostalgia and crap
That is fucking indecipherable wizzy.

No matter how well Moses does, he'll still be behind Hazard, Willian, and Schurrle. I'd imagine we could negotiate a fee if that were the case.

"Alex" sounds a bit like "I likes..." with an accent. He was probably going to go on and say "I likes Sakho. Very much!" They stitched him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom