• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

It's occurred to me that IF City are found guilty, and are to be relegated as part of their punishment, they should be deducted a symbolic 115 points. 115 for the number of charges, and 115 because it's one point more than they could gain if they won every game, so they'd be guaranteed to be relegated even if three other teams didn't manage to secure a single point.
And I quite like the idea of them playing out a whole season knowing it won't make any fucking difference what they achieve. Because that's how it's been for the rest of us for most of the last 15 years.

I really really think this punishment has to have gnashers, because it has to deter, and of course, City will appeal and it will be softened.

They have to give those trophies to teams that finished second. Otherwise the cheating will continue.

It's occurred to me that IF City are found guilty, and are to be relegated as part of their punishment, they should be deducted a symbolic 115 points. 115 for the number of charges, and 115 because it's one point more than they could gain if they won every game, so they'd be guaranteed to be relegated even if three other teams didn't manage to secure a single point.
And I quite like the idea of them playing out a whole season knowing it won't make any fucking difference what they achieve. Because that's how it's been for the rest of us for most of the last 15 years.
No.

6 Pts per transgression, in line with Everton's punishment - so a total of 690 Pts. They get used over multiple seasons to leave them on 0 Pts each year.
So if they get 90 points in the PL this season, they get 90 deducted, leaving 600 Pts in the deficit bank, relegation and start again in the Championship.
That way they are guaranteed multiple successive relegations, while their motivation to win matches is just to slow down the slide a teensy bit

No.

6 Pts per transgression, in line with Everton's punishment - so a total of 690 Pts. They get used over multiple seasons to leave them on 0 Pts each year.
So if they get 90 points in the PL this season, they get 90 deducted, leaving 600 Pts in the deficit bank, relegation and start again in the Championship.
That way they are guaranteed multiple successive relegations, while their motivation to win matches is just to slow down the slide a teensy bit

And by the time they’re back in credit, in 8 years time, they can start their climb back up from the 9th tier… which would be North West Counties Division 1.

That’d be great for them and the entire world can piss themselves at the irony of Man City’s new derby being against a team called Maine Road… from Chorlton-cum-Hardy… which sounds like Moron with his hands on a bag of frogs.

Should be about 20+ years before they get back to the top.

Just read a rumour that the Friedkjn takeover of Everton is valued at around £400m. What isn't clear is whether this is what Moshiri / Usmanov get in total, or whether their loans (£447m at June 2023) will be repaid too.
If it's the latter, the loss is a mere £100m (based on June 2023 figures). If it's the former, the loss is £547m. Over half a billion quid.
Either way, great work lads.

Back
Top Bottom