• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

And partygate in the UK was the same. They raised the stakes through media narrative and made people think there had to be a party for them to be guilty. But the rules banned "gatherings", which could just mean a non-essential get-together, as opposed to a business meeting.
With Mueller, Trump managed to persuade everyone that Mueller needed to say there was "collusion" when his brief was "interference", which he found to be the case.

Yes, Mueller found that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia and “sought and welcomed their help.” Somehow they managed to Jedi mind-trick the media and big percentage of the public into thinking that “collusion” was the only standard that mattered.

Yes, Mueller found that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia and “sought and welcomed their help.” Somehow they managed to Jedi mind-trick the media and big percentage of the public into thinking that “collusion” was the only standard that mattered.
Agreed, Sure Roger Stone had direct contact with WikiLeaks who had the stolen emailed material and sent to the Trump campaign. Of course there was help/assistance. When winning is everything, integrity is nothing

Always thought Villa and Geordies are bunch of crooks, not sure why they get this sort of plucky small time vibe. They have cheated the system in simplest form. Not even going to get into Chelsea.

One thing I've seen quite a bit is City fans thinking that Arsenal are all of a sudden going to be screwed.

Correct me if I'm wrong beamrider but I'd have thought any potential interest on SH Loans would be on new loans. Not existing loans.

One thing I've seen quite a bit is City fans thinking that Arsenal are all of a sudden going to be screwed.

Correct me if I'm wrong beamrider but I'd have thought any potential interest on SH Loans would be on new loans. Not existing loans.
It will depend on how they amend the rules but I’d expect that interest will be adjusted on all loans, old and new, from the point they update the rules, not retrospective. City will likely complain about that but if they moan too hard then they will lose one of their allies as Everton will be shafted by it, massively so.
Arsenal and others can simply convert their loans into shares so that they don’t have to charge interest going forward. I think that’s one of the reasons the PL were relaxed about it in the first place. It’s really all just paper trail. Theoretically, it’s harder to pull your money out if it’s in the form of shares rather than a loan, but I think most shareholders know that when they make a loan, they’re not getting that money back out anyway. Only exceptions I’m aware of are Brighton who repaid some of their debt after the Caicedo sale, and Man U, who pay a high rate of interest, but who haven’t repaid any of the Glazers’ debt balance to my knowledge.

It will depend on how they amend the rules but I’d expect that interest will be adjusted on all loans, old and new, from the point they update the rules, not retrospective. City will likely complain about that but if they moan too hard then they will lose one of their allies as Everton will be shafted by it, massively so.
Arsenal and others can simply convert their loans into shares so that they don’t have to charge interest going forward. I think that’s one of the reasons the PL were relaxed about it in the first place. It’s really all just paper trail. Theoretically, it’s harder to pull your money out if it’s in the form of shares rather than a loan, but I think most shareholders know that when they make a loan, they’re not getting that money back out anyway. Only exceptions I’m aware of are Brighton who repaid some of their debt after the Caicedo sale, and Man U, who pay a high rate of interest, but who haven’t repaid any of the Glazers’ debt balance to my knowledge.

Pretty sure there is one set of owners who won't be converting their loan into equity, as they'll eventually want every cent back even before a sale. No prizes for guessing who....

Don’t know where else to put this.

The Irony. Barcelona owes 7 clubs money from Lewa transfer.
Not sure this is really as much of a story as it appears.
The amount owed to Bayern is most likely a final instalment, and/or a contingent payment based on games played / goals scored and isn't due until after their year-end, hence disclosed in their accounts.
The amounts owed to the other 6 clubs are much smaller amounts and will be due under FIFA's solidarity mechanism (which divides up 5% of the transfer fee to the clubs who trained the player). This only happens when the player is transferred between one FA to another (so it doesn't happen with clubs in England (or the Welsh clubs that play in the English league), but it would happen with a transfer between England and pretty much anywhere else, including Scotland).

Back
Top Bottom