• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favourite ever foreign LFC player

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintGeorge67

Well-Known
So who's your favourite ever?

I've probably missed someone obvious as well (I always had a soft spot for Bruno Cheyrou 😉 )

[quote author=paulie187 link=topic=36512.msg965221#msg965221 date=1255901269]
Sami for me
[/quote]

Pepe seems like a character to me, and he's simply an amazin Keeper

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36512.msg965245#msg965245 date=1255906783]
I voted for Sami, marginally ahead of Didi.

Eventually it will be Torres though.
[/quote]

Ditt6

Sami is possibly my favourite ever LFC player, foreign or otherwise. It's partly just because of how we were before he arrived (defence like a madwoman's piss) and how totally and suddenly he changed us. Partly it's his character, his (for want of a less pretentious word) nobility. Partly, obv, it's the fact that he was here for ten years and barely played a bad match in all that time.

I love Torres, and he *may* eventually replace Sami in my heart, but he'll have to be here another five seasons at least if he's going to do that.

I think Pepe Reina has a chance to go down as one of the most important foreigners in the clubs history - You would really miss him if he was gone believe me!

Growing up watching David James flail around cross after cross I think i understand this.

He was also a legend the way he celebrated Spains Euro win, the youtube videos of him running up and down the plane and leading the audience singing spring to mind, all this despite not playing! He is a real strong character.

Id like to think he has the chance to repeat his exploits sooner rather than later.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36512.msg965245#msg965245 date=1255906783]
I voted for Sami, marginally ahead of Didi.

Eventually it will be Torres though.
[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly with your first line. Not sure about the second, though I hope it turns out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom