• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

How would you get both of those in the side?

Every time I’ve seen Jude he’s been crap and acts like an entitled little erect male organ self-stimulator.
He's a cracking player. I mean the whole world can't be calling him a generational talent and yet you watch a couple of games and call him crap and a bellend 😀

That just doesn't jive.

He's not a forward. He's a late arriving midfielder - an 8. That's where he should have been played.

Foden not a starter for me. Playing players out of position is what fucked us up. Thanks Southgate.

Time will tell. If he was ours we'd be fawning over him. That's all I'm saying.

And to say we wouldn't is not true. See Raheem and Sterling.
I dunno. I think we've had equally or more talented players and half the fanbase don't see it.
For me, they had an 18 year old breakthrough in a fucking dire season, salvaged by an unjust FA cup run. The other players he had in his position were amrabat and a shit casemiro. For england he literally had no competition for that style of midfielder

He's a cracking player. I mean the whole world can't be calling him a generational talent and yet you watch a couple of games and call him crap and a bellend 😀

That just doesn't jive.

He's not a forward. He's a late arriving midfielder - an 8. That's where he should have been played.

Foden not a starter for me. Playing players out of position is what fucked us up. Thanks Southgate.
Shite both legs against city. Shite against Dortmund. Shite in every game I’ve seen him in this tournament. He has also acted like a bell end too. So everything I’ve said is correct.

So you’d drop both Foden and Southgate?

Not weird. Ridiculous. Who the fuck goes into a major tournament still experimenting? Be flexible but don't start playing too a new system from the first game. Southgate demonstrated his true level.
He thought he was the second coming of Terry Venables. But he was just shit.

He has done better than Terry to be fair achievements wise, just unable to make the final step but Terry was far more adventurous and able to take risks.
I believe he fitted Macca and Anderton in the same side when it seemed like wasn't really possible IIRC.

Tbf he didn't have to cross out 2020 as he didn't have "winners" tattooed under Euros....so really what he should've done is gone back to the tattooist and asked to get "finalist" inked on instead, then it's an accurate piece of work. Job done.

450875238_881917350637464_1703315104016230169_n.jpg

All i know is gordon should have started on the left, eze should have been coming on a lot more for jude, trent should have started ,and when they resorted t oa back 3 for 1 game, gomez should have had a shout.

Like, i don't understand why take that many players and don't look at most of them as valid options?

At 1-1
In the 75th odd min, a few mins after Palmer scored Eng had a throw in line with their penalty area.

Up stepped walker, who threw it back to the half way line to Stones, who passed it back further to Pickford who booted it losing the ball.

That sumed up the tournament and the tactics.

Draw the press from the opposition, get it to pickford and try to boot it over the press.

I also have sympathy for the Southgate argument of Final, semi, final in tournaments.
And that before that we hardly managed anything with a serious squad of players.
But Southgates football is turgid lacking any real spark or much excitement.

Foden didn't get started at all, saka was better and Palmer was decent when he came on.

And you can't tell me Kane loitering in the middle of the park wasn't a tactic whys he there. Yes he does have a great pass to set free the wingers but we have others who do that better.

Bellingham spent the tournament thinking he was not only the main character but often the only character.
Even the huggies yesterday at the end felt for the cameras.

In this instance he was right though. It’s intersting how Portugal and England were a mirror image of each other in this tournament - both brimming with attacking talent and stifled by an unfit legendary striker and a manager who didn’t have the guts to take him off even when the problem was obvious to everyone.

In this instance he was right though. It’s intersting how Portugal and England were a mirror image of each other in this tournament - both brimming with attacking talent and stifled by an unfit legendary striker and a manager who didn’t have the guts to take him off.
Yes he was right but I'm just amazed that a player can say that to a manager

All would have been forgiven had England won. But they didn't. And the price of those tactics needs to be accounted for.

Foden and Bellingham used poorly. Gordon hardly used at all. Kane used when Watkins and Toney are clearly fitter and more effective. Walker over Trent. All hugely dubious decisions

In this instance he was right though. It’s intersting how Portugal and England were a mirror image of each other in this tournament - both brimming with attacking talent and stifled by an unfit legendary striker and a manager who didn’t have the guts to take him off even when the problem was obvious to everyone.
Not sure what to make of it.

For Portugal, the impression I had is everyone wanted to see Ronaldo on, and Martinez yielded to the pressure.

For England, the popular opinion is for Kane to be dropped to the bench since the quarters but Southgate doesn't budge. I am not sure if Southgate is too stubborn or too brave or if he really think Kane is a better option because it would have been easier to just fold and go with what most observers wanted like Martinez.

He's getting alot of stick for persisting with Kane.

Appoint Thomas Tuchel and England are guaranteed the next World Cup.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but England would play far, far better football under a modern coach like Tuchel. I think he could make a system with two #10’s like Bellingham and Foden actually work.

Back
Top Bottom