• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a 49m release clause but is already on 180k (?) a week, so will need to be one of our highest earners if he comes.

I think this is where a straight talking Dutchman will flourish. Telling Trent to fuck off this idea of being in midfield. Get high and wide. Go back to the right back “quarterback” we all loved.
I wonder how it would go down if he straight up tell Trent to fuck up and play RB where is one of the best in the world and has won everything there is to win doing it.

I imagine a lot of his teammates, would (at least) privately be thinking he should stick to RB cause he's looking like a tit running around midfield.

I'm increasingly thinking that selling him for big money solves a problem before it becomes one.

I defended his performance against Serbia by saying that he didn't have anyone to pass. It was the same against Denmark, but this time it was pretty clear that he's not ready to play in that position.
He just isn't physical enough and he doesn't have the composure and awareness to play in midfield. He panics every time he gets pressured, he's afraid to make any forward runs and he doesn't create space for himself.
Have you ever seen Trent hold off a player like Wijnaldum used to do?
I haven't. Trent had no sense of urgency and was walking on the pitch.

Honestly, yesterday he reminded me of Henderson the way he played. I'm talking Hendo at his worst. Trent was afraid to hold the ball, often played the ball sideways or backwards and barely closed anyone down.

That being said, the main culprit is Southgate. He's the one actually making Trent look worse than he actually is with his incredibly dumb tactics. How can you play Trent as a no 6?
Hendo at his peak plays it simple, recycles the ball and does the covering for our overlapping players. Trent does none of it.

What is worse is Trent had Rice babysitting him. They were both just strolling around passing to each other from 3 yards in their own half, getting into each other's way. We said Macca was wasted in DM and is more suitable further up, yet somehow England contrived to have 2 DM unsuitable for the position strutting around doing fuck all.

While England's problems are not totally down to Trent, he is not the solution at all. He is not a midfielder. He needs to get it out of his system.

I will be livid if he comes back to Liverpool demanding for a midfield spot. He needs to go if that's the case. It really doesn't matter how talented he is once he thinks he is bigger than the club.

I doubt that. Nothing he has said would suggest that and I think it would be more likely for him to stay at Bilbao if anything.

I've read a few articles. (Probably pushed from his agent).. that when approached by both us and Arsenal.. he asked for over £300k a week.

Probably tax related, but that's what he's asking for to move to England.

If its on £180k a week currently...

37 games, 8 goals and 19 assist for Bilbao this season, 21 years old.

I think it's 11 assists. (La Liga only: played 34 / 5 goals / 11 assists)

Meanwhile

Luis Diaz 48 games, 12 goals and 5 assist (PL only: 37 / 8 / 5)
Darwin 51 games 17 goals and 12 assists (PL only: 36 / 11 / 8)
Jota 30 games 14 goals and 3 assists. (PL only: 21 / 10 / 3)

In comparison, Iago Aspas has 9 goals and 10 assists in La Liga this season.

That 11 assists is pretty impressive though.

Gordon - Kane - Foden
Jude
Rice - Wharton
Saka Guehi Stones Trent

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

Saka at LB?

I don't get wht Gomez isn't playing there. He's the closest they have to a left back.

I wonder how it would go down if he straight up tell Trent to fuck up and play RB where is one of the best in the world and has won everything there is to win doing it.

I imagine a lot of his teammates, would (at least) privately be thinking he should stick to RB cause he's looking like a tit running around midfield.

I'm increasingly thinking that selling him for big money solves a problem before it becomes one.

Is one of the reasons Arne Slot is probably the best choice for our new manager. Man looks like he could talk a honey badger into playing fetch.

I've read a few articles. (Probably pushed from his agent).. that when approached by both us and Arsenal.. he asked for over £300k a week.

Probably tax related, but that's what he's asking for to move to England.

If its on £180k a week currently...

He's on about 169k £ gross per week at Bilbao. Not sure how that would translate to the PL in terms of after taxes etc, but wages could definitely be a stumbling block here.
Doubt the 300k stories are to accurate, but he'd be among the top earners for sure.

I think it's 11 assists. (La Liga only: played 34 / 5 goals / 11 assists)

Meanwhile

Luis Diaz 48 games, 12 goals and 5 assist (PL only: 37 / 8 / 5)
Darwin 51 games 17 goals and 12 assists (PL only: 36 / 11 / 8)
Jota 30 games 14 goals and 3 assists. (PL only: 21 / 10 / 3)

In comparison, Iago Aspas has 9 goals and 10 assists in La Liga this season.

That 11 assists is pretty impressive though.

Transfermarkt have him at 5 goals and 14 assists in La Liga.

Aspas? 🙂

Also I don't know what it is but a front 3 of Foden Kane Saka has never worked as effectively as Rashford Kane Sterling did.

Foden nor Saka have ever convinced me in an England shirt and there really is only so much of the blame you can put on Gareth, we're talking a group of experienced professional footballers here, not a group of 11 year olds.

Also I don't know what it is but a front 3 of Foden Kane Saka has never worked as effectively as Rashford Kane Sterling did.

Foden nor Saka have ever convinced me in an England shirt and there really is only so much of the blame you can put on Gareth, we're talking a group of experienced professional footballers here, so a group of 11 year olds.
Foden is in the wrong role though, he should be spearheading a midfield and the other midfield two should probably be Bellingham and Rice. Put Gordon on the left who will at the very least press and chase, and play Palmer on the right. Have someone with pace in the middle instead of Kane. It's a no brainer, but he's putting too much faith in Kane and trying to shoehorn players into the team.

England crashing out would be nicer 🙂

I really don't know why you would say something negative like this.

The longer the tournament goes on the higher the probability half the squad will suffer season destroying injuries or burnout.

I was being a bit of a big tournament snob earlier and turning my nose up at today's two earlier matches. But then I remembered that those matches are often more entertaining as all the teams still have everything to play for.

I fucking love big tournaments, I do. I wasn't even particularly interested in this one before it all kicked off.

I see why the youtube channels have been raving about this Nico Williams kid that plays for Spain.

Did anyone want to kill themselves watching England do whatever version of football they were playing yesterday ? - that was disgustingly terrible. I look back and its become clear to me, that is actually the norm for an England team I have decided - probably from 1970 world cup onwards most England teams play that level of shit with a few good matches that you can count on one hand at major tournaments and most of them were in the Italia 90 world cup, and Euro 96. Lets be real in Euro 96 they played well against the Dutch in that tournament and Gaza had a good goal against Scotland but it was the same shit in the other games, just a load of players plodding along to a semi-final. When you deep it - do England even have a style that defines the way they play football ? - I don't think they do, and they never had one, they are caught between adapting a German/Spanish/Italian style and end up producing some half-hearted bollox.

Hendo at his peak plays it simple, recycles the ball and does the covering for our overlapping players. Trent does none of it.

What is worse is Trent had Rice babysitting him. They were both just strolling around passing to each other from 3 yards in their own half, getting into each other's way. We said Macca was wasted in DM and is more suitable further up, yet somehow England contrived to have 2 DM unsuitable for the position strutting around doing fuck all.

While England's problems are not totally down to Trent, he is not the solution at all. He is not a midfielder. He needs to get it out of his system.

I will be livid if he comes back to Liverpool demanding for a midfield spot. He needs to go if that's the case. It really doesn't matter how talented he is once he thinks he is bigger than the club.
Trent vs Denmark

54 mins
35/40 passes 88%
3 chances created (most for England in just 54 mins)
50 touches
1/1 tackle
6/7 long passes (impressive)
2/4 ground duels
2 fouls won

Midfield isn't his forte but he wasn't the issue last night. Southgate was.
Foden shite on the left again. Kane can't play on the shoulder and Bellingham virtually invisible too.

Ratface for Foden and Watkins for Kane much earlier would have given AA an outlet he didn't have. What's the point of playing him with those two?

Trent vs Denmark

54 mins
35/40 passes 88%
3 chances created (most for England in just 54 mins)
50 touches
1/1 tackle
6/7 long passes (impressive)
2/4 ground duels
2 fouls won

Midfield isn't his forte but he wasn't the issue last night. Southgate was.
Foden shite on the left again. Kane can't play on the shoulder and Bellingham virtually invisible too.

Ratface for Foden and Watkins for Kane much earlier would have given AA an outlet he didn't have. What's the point of playing him with those two?
To be fair, I don't really care about England. How Trent was playing in midfield was of interest to me and to me, he is just not a midfielder.

Many of the stats that you had pointed out, he would have easily equal or double them playing at right back yesterday. If he had just concentrated on being a better defender, rather than pretending to be something he is not, he would be a much more useful player, both to his country and to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom