• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the structure of dominant football at top level - have 2 pacy wingers who will progress the ball and dominate in 1 on 1 duels against their full-back and provide a goal threat and then construct the midfield build-up in a way that will get the ball to these wingers as often and quickly as possible. A decent #9 who can hold up the ball and a creative #10 is a cherry on top, but the 2 wingers and the #6 who spreads the ball to them is the spine of the team. This is what Spain does - their pattern of play is pretty much the same as Arsenal/City.

are you trying to reopen the salah conversations

Pfft, there is no team called Arsenal City. Shows how much you know.

rurikbird said:
This is the structure of dominant football at top level - have 2 pacy wingers who will progress the ball and dominate in 1 on 1 duels against their full-back and provide a goal threat and then construct the midfield build-up in a way that will get the ball to these wingers as often and quickly as possible. A decent #9 who can hold up the ball and a creative #10 is a cherry on top, but the 2 wingers and the #6 who spreads the ball to them is the spine of the team. This is what Spain does - their pattern of play is pretty much the same as Arsenal/City.

View: https://x.com/FootyHumour/status/1803832922295718113

🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240620_214028_Messenger.jpg.6d8040969b7f96e1ec791474f070657c.jpg

Spain and Germany have easily been the best 2 teams from what I've seen so far, Spain against a much tougher opposition as well

Also, what's worse, having your team managed by Southgate or Roberto Martinez?

Spain and Germany have easily been the best 2 teams from what I've seen so far, Spain against a much tougher opposition as well

Also, what's worse, having your team managed by Southgate or Roberto Martinez?

Yeah, those 2 are running neck-in-neck for the worst manager of the tournament. Great squads and no sign of any cohesion.

Everything is going to plan - Southgate is being put in a position where he has to make a change, so that his mates in the press can fawn over his tactical acumen - it’ll be enough to get into the knockout rounds where there will be an inevitable defeat on penalties - probably some black players missing them again, so that the England fans have their preferred outlet for hatred.

Meanwhile…. It’ll be enough to convince Brexit Jim that the whole problem with Utd is the bloody foreign managers and he needs to go English and install the magic waistcoat.

Not sure who had planted the seed and convinced Trent he is a midfielder. Look at him roaming around aimlessly desperately trying another hollywood ball to justify his place.

He is going to be a problem with us if he doesn't get his head right.

This is shit because I was really hoping Ineos would make Southgate the next Utd manager.

Kobbie Mainoo needs to score hat trick in the next game.

Not sure who had planted the seed and convinced Trent he is a midfielder. Look at him roaming around aimlessly desperately trying another hollywood ball to justify his place.

I defended his performance against Serbia by saying that he didn't have anyone to pass. It was the same against Denmark, but this time it was pretty clear that he's not ready to play in that position.
He just isn't physical enough and he doesn't have the composure and awareness to play in midfield. He panics every time he gets pressured, he's afraid to make any forward runs and he doesn't create space for himself.
Have you ever seen Trent hold off a player like Wijnaldum used to do?
I haven't. Trent had no sense of urgency and was walking on the pitch.

Honestly, yesterday he reminded me of Henderson the way he played. I'm talking Hendo at his worst. Trent was afraid to hold the ball, often played the ball sideways or backwards and barely closed anyone down.

That being said, the main culprit is Southgate. He's the one actually making Trent look worse than he actually is with his incredibly dumb tactics. How can you play Trent as a no 6?

I think the Kalvin Phillips comment is so revealing. Trent might or might not be a midfielder, but if a progressive coach were to put him there, he would be salivating about the build-up and attacking possibilities a unique player like Trent would bring to the team. For Southgate, Kalvin Phillips apparently is the ideal and Trent is a pale and imperfect imitation - no wonder he looks shit, being shoehorned into becoming a boring and risk-averse midfielder which goes against everything in his nature.

Anyway, I enjoyed this discussion. Unlike British TV, they didn't pull any punches:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3c96SJg1_g

But but but… he played in midfield as a youth so he should just slot directly in!!!!

It’s almost as if loads of European players would rather stay in Europe than move to the UK - I can’t imagine why that might be - particularly those that Farage would describe as having a good tan.

It’s almost as if loads of European players would rather stay in Europe than move to the UK - I can’t imagine why that might be - particularly those that Farage would describe as having a good tan.
This isn’t anything new.

I think this is where a straight talking Dutchman will flourish. Telling Trent to fuck off this idea of being in midfield. Get high and wide. Go back to the right back “quarterback” we all loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom