• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Eto'o to reject Citeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
Samuel Eto'o is leaning towards rejecting an offer from Manchester City and staying with Barcelona, according to the striker's agent.

Sky Sources understand Premier League club City have lodged a £25million bid for the Cameroon international.

However, Eto'o's agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, claims the attacker is more inclined to remain at Camp Nou for the remainder of his contract, which expires in 2010.

"If there is not a 180-degree turnaround then he will stay with Barcelona," Eto'o's representative told ONA FM.

According to Spanish reports, Eto'o is unhappy with the way that he is seemingly being forced out by Barca and he could decide to stay in a bid to upset the club's plans.

This scenario would then allow him to leave the Spanish giants on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling next summer.

Sign sign sign Rafa lol

One year left on his current contract and 25million is being branded. I know it's Man City paying extorionate fee's but sill makes ya sick to think we only got 8 million for Owen.

Eto'o hardly holding out for even more money?

[quote author=ILD link=topic=34445.msg897339#msg897339 date=1246292048]
One year left on his current contract and 25million is being branded. I know it's Man City paying extorionate fee's but sill makes ya sick to think we only got 8 million for Owen.

Eto'o hardly holding out for even more money?
[/quote]
If he's a free agent, he'll get massive signing on fee from whatever club that signs him, won't he? Which means clubs of massive stature but tighter purse strings could still give him 10M or whatever when he signs with more reasonable wages which would compensate the missing City wages.

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=34445.msg897341#msg897341 date=1246292084]
Well done Samuel for following the football and not the money.
[/quote]

Well, let's wait a while before we start saying that.

Assuming Tevez is joining city, that gives them him, Santaq Cruz and Robinho. Allof them will be expecting to start. So where would Eto fit in.

If Eto comes in, I can see Robinho going.

Benzema has said again that he wants to stay at Lyon until at least after the World cup, which means Utd or whoever will have to offer a massive amount to pry him away I guess, which I don't think they'll do.

Can't believe they are spunking £15+ on Valencia, they've been comparing him to ronaldo all and no jokes, they don't think the 15 goal difference between them last season is an issue as his passing efficiency is 2% higher or whatever and he makes 4 more tackles a match, jesus christ.

[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=34445.msg897358#msg897358 date=1246294638]
Assuming Tevez is joining city, that gives them him, Santaq Cruz and Robinho. Allof them will be expecting to start. So where would Eto fit in.

If Eto comes in, I can see Robinho going.
[/quote]

Did Robinho make it public that he would love Eto'o to join?

I don't see how Santa Cruz 'can expect' to be starting every week over Robinho, Tevez, Eto'o, whoever.

He scored 6 goals in 27 appearances last term.

Well I'm guessing it's not the owners who wanted Santa Cruz in and mindlessly pursued him for a whole season. So unless they pick the team, I'd imagine he's got a pretty good chance of being a first teamer

If City sign Eto'o and/or Tevez, he's not going to be a guaranteed starter.

It's a risky move for him.

its clear that there are two people buying players - the manager and the owner(s) - they're not necessarily talking to each other either by the looks of it.

barca are clearly trying to maximise a player in the last year of his contract. has eto ever said anything about wanting/being prepared to play for city?

if i was eto'o i'd do a bosman, walk into a liverpool team with a signing on fee for 10-15 million and still get paid 120k a week.

i'm sure this way he'll play in a top team and earn more than enough, especially with the lump upfront payment.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34445.msg897437#msg897437 date=1246307048]
its clear that there are two people buying players - the manager and the owner(s) - they're not necessarily talking to each other either by the looks of it.

barca are clearly trying to maximise a player in the last year of his contract. has eto ever said anything about wanting/being prepared to play for city?

if i was eto'o i'd do a bosman, walk into a liverpool team with a signing on fee for 10-15 million and still get paid 120k a week.

i'm sure this way he'll play in a top team and earn more than enough, especially with the lump upfront payment.
[/quote]

Unlikely, but such a sweet idea!!!

[/quote]

Apparently the only reason the deal isn't going through is due to Samuel (your great moral crusader) demanding half the 25M transfer fee.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34445.msg897528#msg897528 date=1246323056]
[/quote]

Apparently the only reason the deal isn't going through is due to Samuel (your great moral crusader) demanding half the 25M transfer fee.
[/quote]

Now that's just embarrassing if true. Although i think it's just about fair compensation for having to work in Manchester.

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=34445.msg897533#msg897533 date=1246325230]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34445.msg897528#msg897528 date=1246323056]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that's just embarrassing if true. Although i think it's just about fair compensation for having to work in Manchester.
[/quote]

Yeah, he should wait another year and get the full 25M as a signing on fee ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom