• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Canos on the way out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Crazy ...

[article]Sergi Canos could be heading for a surprise Liverpool exit this summer after reaching stalemate over a new contract.

Canos made his Reds debut as a late substitute at West Bromwich Albion on the final day of the Premier League season earlier this month.

It was reward after the 19-year-old Spanish midfielder returned to Anfield having impressed on a season-long loan at Championship side Brentford.

However, Canos and his representatives have thus far failed to reach agreement over a new deal with wages believed to be a considerable sticking point.

And the youngster is now effectively heading out of Anfield unless he lowers his demands.

A number of clubs, including interest from Portugal, Premier League side Watford and Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers, are already monitoring Canos, who is valued at £4million by Liverpool.

Speaking after his Reds debut at The Hawthorns, Canos said: “It was the best 10 minutes of my life.
“When people say dreams come true, they are right. Today one of my dreams came true.

“I’ve had hunger from the first day I came to Liverpool three years ago. I hope I’ll be able to train with the senior squad more in future and show the manager that I can play for Liverpool.

“My family told me it’s sad the season is finishing. It’s been the best season of my life.

“I made my debut in the Championship, I scored my first professional goal and now I’ve made my debut for Liverpool. I am really happy.

“I’ll be back for pre-season and ready to go 200%.”

Canos joined the Reds’ Academy from Barcelona in 2013 and scored seven goals in 38 appearances with Brentford this season.[/article]

very disappointed by this but can understand 100%.

good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Stupid human stupidity. His brain isn't factoring in the true opportunity cost of what he could earn at Liverpool in five years time, compared to what he'd get at a lesser team like Watford.

Or maybe he knows he'll move in 3 years anyway, having played a handful of games with the 1st team, be 3 years older without having really progressed, and decided to jump off that train now instead.

I rather think he's an idiot for gushing one minute and squeezing the next.

Only top class talents will make it into the starting XI. The rest of them will be sold. If we sign 30 young talents then maybe one of them will be good enough.

Our Academy is a way to save the club money but also earn the club money. It is a football factory. We sign them on the cheap and sell them for a few millions.

Or maybe he knows he'll move in 3 years anyway, having played a handful of games with the 1st team, be 3 years older without having really progressed, and decided to jump off that train now instead.

I rather think he's an idiot for gushing one minute and squeezing the next.

In which case he isn't worth the money he is asking for. So either way he has no basis for asking for more money.

Eventually we may struggle to meet our 'home grown trained by club quota'. I suppose we can always supplement this by promoting from the youth teams but the risk is that we are stuck with 2 or 3 shit youth players on the bench that aren't a good enough option on match day.

Loaning Ojo and Ibe out next year would leave us with some pretty average options

Eventually we may struggle to meet our 'home grown trained by club quota'. I suppose we can always supplement this by promoting from the youth teams but the risk is that we are stuck with 2 or 3 shit youth players on the bench that aren't a good enough option on match day.

Loaning Ojo and Ibe out next year would leave us with some pretty average options

Well apparently we're considering selling Ibe.

He appaz wants 10k pr week, which would put him higher than the other Acadamy graduates that have signed new deals.

I doubt HE wants that. His agent is naturally trying to push for a big rise, hoping they'll settle for a sum a little less than he's set. Canos is a really good prospect, it's important that we try to hold on to him - we'll either use him increasingly regularly or we'll be able to sell him for a better fee. Of course you need to keep them hungry but you also can't afford to ignore the going rate among the big clubs.

He appaz wants 10k pr week, which would put him higher than the other Acadamy graduates that have signed new deals.

he's 19, he qualfiies for a senior professional contract....we should just offer that to him.

isn't ibe on 25k a week? and he's not even good.

The Academy has got to pay its way. We've got a huge staff there who work well to nurture talent, but that has to result in either first team players or, more likely, transfers. But you don't just throw them away. A massive amount of money has gone into paying the coaches to coach these kids, and for them to use these facilities. It's no good just waving them goodbye as other clubs take them for next to nowt. It's not a philanthropic exercise. One way or another Ayre and co need to get their act together. FSG seem to think that if kids go elsewhere for a bit more, they're making a statement. Well, they are, but they're also making a loss. Investing in kids for four, five, six, seven, maybe ten years, and then allowing them to walk off for free to sign good contracts with other clubs - that's just idiotic.

Rafa confirmed to managing Newcastle for another 3 years. Mcparland rumored to join him there. I can see some of the top talents in our academy tempted to join Newcastle.

He has shown he can handle himself and is an exciting talent at the Championship level. There will be plenty of clubs willing to pay him 10K per week. So there is no point holding him to the same wages as other academy talents as he is at a higher stage of development than almost all of them.

I hope this does not go the same way as Delle Ali where our management decided he was not worth the 10k wages.

Last edited:
Rafa confirmed to managing Newcastle for another 3 years. Mcparland rumored to join him there. I can see some of the top talents in our academy tempted to join Newcastle.

He has shown he can handle himself and is an exciting talent at the Championship level. There will be plenty of clubs willing to pay him 10K per week. So there is no point holding him to the same wages as other academy talents as he is at a higher stage of development than almost all of them.

I hope this does not go the same way as Delle Ali where our management decided he was not worth the 10k wages.

I said above, with Rafa, McParland, Borrell AND Rodgers out there, this summer needs our best business sense to sort out our best young talents.

I said above, with Rafa, McParland, Borrell AND Rodgers out there, this summer needs our best business sense to sort out our best young talents.

Didnt even think about Rodgers. I can definitely can see several of your promising youngsters moving to Celtic with a higher chance of first team football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom