• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

At least he sounds Brazilian...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Very Well-Known
Cruzeiro striker Kleber claims Liverpool have made an approach for his services.

The 25-year-old only returned to his homeland in February as part of a deal which took Guilerme to Dynamo Kiev.

Kleber had spent four years in Ukraine but headed back to South America in a move which also involved Cruzeiro receiving 5million euros (£4.3m) for their man.

He has now revealed that he is attracting interest from Europe once more, with Liverpool keen to take him to England.

"I have a proposal from Liverpool for 7million euros (£6m). We are analysing [it]" said the striker on SporTV's Arena programme in Brazil.

Kleber penned a five-year contract upon his return to Belo Horizonte and it appears he would rather see out that deal than take on a new challenge in the Premier League.

"I want to stay," he added.

"If Cruzeiro offer the same amount, or we talk, I'd prefer to stay. But we haven't talked yet".

The volatile frontman, who has also attracted interest from Everton in the past, has been a revelation since returning to Brazil, netting 19 goals in as many appearances for Cruzeiro

I prefer the old days of not hearing any transfer gossip until we signed them. I guess sky sports news wouldn't like that though.

It sounds like our scouts are very busy at the moment, so that's a good thing really

Sounds more like he's trying to drum himself up a big contract at his current side, rather than us being genuinely interested.

[quote author=vikas link=topic=33920.msg880115#msg880115 date=1243890747]
Sounds more like he's trying to drum himself up a big contract at his current side, rather than us being genuinely interested.
[/quote]

Maybe.

I was looking at it from the point of view that given the amount of players we're being linked to it must be the case that our scouts are spotting players, making contact, finding out what the numbers are and then laying it all in front of Rafa so he can have all the necessary info before making any decisions.

It seems as though none of our prospective targets want to leave their bullshit clubs to come and join us. I find this hard to believe.

Sometimes they just don't want to lose the 10% of the transfer fee by saying they want to leave their current club.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=33920.msg880118#msg880118 date=1243891975]
It seems as though none of our prospective targets want to leave their bullshit clubs to come and join us. I find this hard to believe.
[/quote]

hahaha

Rafa needs new glasses if he really showed interest in Kleber. A lightweight striker who misses more often than scores and plays with his head down. Not bad at dribbling the ball and pretty well-coordinated, but that's about it. Not anywhere near LFC level, he was not even wanted by Dynamo.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=33920.msg880226#msg880226 date=1243925219]
Kleber?

He's not Kleberson's dad is he?

[/quote]

Ha ha.

Kleberbunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom