• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

5 u18 players promoted to Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
hopefully, some of these kids have a big future at this club ...

Five of the players who helped Liverpool reach the FA Youth Cup final last season have been promoted to Melwood.
Lauri Dalla Valle (17), Christopher Buchtmann (17), David Amoo (18), Nathan Eccleston (18) and Alex Kacaniklic (17) will now train full-time with John McMahon's reserves.

Also making the step up is last season's U18s goalkeeper Christopher Oldfield (18), who didn't play in the Youth Cup but joined the reserves on their recent trip to Holland.

Finnish hitman Dalla Valla scored 20 goals in 28 appearances for the U18s last term, while left-back Buchtmann was a star as Germany U17 won the European Championships last month.

Goalscorer Eccleston divided his time between Melwood and the Academy in 2008-09 but will now hope to feature regularly alongside the likes of Krisztian Nemeth and Daniel Pacheco.

Former Millwall prodigy Amoo is a powerful right winger who tore defences apart during last season's Cup run, while Swedish hopeful Kacaniklic impressed on the other wing.

Meanwhile, we can reveal the names of those who will start scholarships at the Academy next term. They are: Karl Clair, Conor David Coady, Adam Ryan Dawson, John Flanagan, Marcus Giglio, Michael Ihiekwe, Matthew Lawrence McGiveron, Craig Roddan, Alex Whittle, Andre Wisdom, Aaron King and Robert Maloney.

Good stuff. It looks like we tied down Wisdom for his apprenticeship which is good news as he was being looked at by the other "big 4" sides.

There seems to be a growing excitement behind the scenes about Buchtmann. Let's hope he's the real deal.

There should be a fair few being let go this summer as well really.

Someone posted a list on TLW I think and I remember Kennedy, Antwi, Putterill, Mackay-Steven and err the Swedish Paddy Berger lookalike being on it.

I haven't seen hardly any of these kids play, but I've read some good things about them. It seems that maybe we actually have some talent coming through after all.

Lauri Dalla Valle
Christopher Buchtmann
David Amoo
Krisztian Nemeth
Daniel Pacheco
Ince

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34129.msg886976#msg886976 date=1244812145]
There should be a fair few being let go this summer as well really.

Someone posted a list on TLW I think and I remember Kennedy, Antwi, Putterill, Mackay-Steven and err the Swedish Paddy Berger lookalike being on it.
[/quote]

Mackay-Steven has gone? Hes a talented lad.

I guess they rate this Kacanikic and Buchtmann higher to play left side next year.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34129.msg886978#msg886978 date=1244812460]
I haven't seen hardly any of these kids play, but I've read some good things about them. It seems that maybe we actually have some talent coming through after all.

Lauri Dalla Valle
Christopher Buchtmann
David Amoo
Krisztian Nemeth
Daniel Pacheco
Ince

[/quote]

Only 2 Englishmen there which is quite disheartening. Who'd be our best young Scouser?

I don't know whether they have - I just remember some guy saying they had. He might be full of shit for all I know.

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34129.msg886979#msg886979 date=1244812613]
Putterill's going? Pity, that. I quite liked him. He should have a decent career somewhere.
[/quote]

I remember him looking excellent in the FA Youth Cup, but he struggled when he stepped up to the reserves. Has he been injured since because I can't recall him featuring this season?

[quote author=irishred link=topic=34129.msg886981#msg886981 date=1244812734]

Lauri Dalla Valle
Christopher Buchtmann
David Amoo
Krisztian Nemeth
Daniel Pacheco
Ince

[/quote]

Only 2 Englishmen there which is quite disheartening. Who'd be our best young Scouser?
[/quote]

To be fair mate i don't care that much about what nationality they are. As long as we actually start to see a few of these youngsters making the grade I'd be happy enough.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=34129.msg886988#msg886988 date=1244813980]
I have high hopes for Amoo, glad to see him get promoted.
[/quote]

I just hope the coaches milk him for all his worth.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34129.msg886989#msg886989 date=1244814367]
[quote author=Fallon link=topic=34129.msg886988#msg886988 date=1244813980]
I have high hopes for Amoo, glad to see him get promoted.
[/quote]

I just hope the coaches milk him for all his worth.
[/quote]

Holy cow that was poor FFF.

That's a lot of strikers considering the reserves only play about 15 games a season. Any chance Nemeth and/or Pacheco might actually break into the first team this season?

I guess Amoo and Valle were gimmie's. Lets hope we one day get a decent player through the youth system from Rafa huh.

From my limited viewing I would say that Buchtmann is the best prospect although Amoo has also looked decent any time I have seen him.
Dalla Valle goalscoring looks impressive but a lot of the goals I have seen him score would have been saved by a decent keeper. Who knows.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=34129.msg887017#msg887017 date=1244817237]
10 players have been let go, Huth and Roque were among them.
[/quote]

You have the list Hansern?

Lauri Dalla Valle
Christopher Buchtmann
David Amoo
Krisztian Nemeth
Daniel Pacheco
Ince

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought David Amoo was a scouser.

[quote author=themn link=topic=34129.msg887237#msg887237 date=1244871960]

Lauri Dalla Valle
Christopher Buchtmann
David Amoo
Krisztian Nemeth
Daniel Pacheco
Ince

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought David Amoo was a scouser.
[/quote]

He's from Cowes.

Liverpool have extended the loan of Hungarian youngster Zsolt Poloskei until the end of the 2009-10 season.
The midfielder arrived in the summer of 2008 on loan from MTK Hungaria but spent the entire campaign on the sidelines with an injury.

The 19-year-old will now hope to impress in John McMahon's reserve team squad.

Meanwhile, the Reds have announced that youngsters Ronald Huth, Godwin Antwi, Miki Roque and Gary MacKay Steven have been released.

[quote author=Gareth link=topic=34129.msg887597#msg887597 date=1244933126]
Kennedy
Huth
Roque
O'Connor
Scott
Cooper
Highdale
Antwi
Flynn
Puterill

[/quote]

Not many strikers or goalkeepers on that list, are there? And 3-4 more strikers promoted...hmm.

Always thought Flynn was a decent little footballer. Hope he can land himself a half decent contract.

Liverpool: David Roberts, Stephen Darby (captain), Robbie Threlfall, Jack Hobbs, Godwin Antwi, Charlie Barnett, Paul Barratt, Ryan Flynn, Craig Lindfield, Paul Anderson, Adam Hammill. Subs: Josh Mimms (GK), Jimmy Ryan, Michael Nardiello, Miki Roque, Jay Spearing.

Liverpool: Roberts, Spearing (capt), Threlfall, Darby, Burns, Ryan, Putterill, Flynn, Lindfield, Ajdarevic, Barnett. Subs: Mimms, Highdale, Parsonage, Irwin, Woodward.

Not many left from the FA Youth Cup winning squads. Be interesting to see what happens to some of them this summer. Spearing and Darby are at a bit of a crossroads having spent two seasons with the reserves now. Hammill and Anderson have been on loan for a while, so surely a decision will be taken sooner rather than later.

The fact that we're spending 18.5M on a right-back leads me to believe Darby is facing more than "a crossroads" Ken.

Still, Insua got his chance last year despite more experienced, expensive competition. Maybe Terence Trent will get the same chance.

Well, I don't expect him to get into the first team, although I suppose many do. Insua was someone I always thought looked like he was ready to take the step up whilst watching the reserves. Never thought the same about Darby even if he is Mr Steady Eddie.

It was more along the lines of hanging round Melwood vs going out on loan.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34129.msg889762#msg889762 date=1245220033]
The fact that we're spending 18.5M on a right-back leads me to believe Darby is facing more than "a crossroads" Ken.

Still, Insua got his chance last year despite more experienced, expensive competition. Maybe Terence Trent will get the same chance.
[/quote]

If we sell Arby, he will.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34129.msg889765#msg889765 date=1245220205]
Well, I don't expect him to get into the first team, although I suppose many do. Insua was someone I always thought looked like he was ready to take the step up whilst watching the reserves. Never thought the same about Darby even if he is Mr Steady Eddie.

It was more along the lines of hanging round Melwood vs going out on loan.
[/quote]

I know fuck all about Darby to be honest.

I don't even rate Insua that highly, so if he's not as good as him - there's not much hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom