• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Worst EVER Pool signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about contrasting views, no fan is gonna care how someone was reported to have done in training by an ex team mate let alone be influenced by that when discussing their all time worst side/signings. Klopp said Carvalho was amongst the best in training he's ever seen with Liverpool.......

Tanner experienced a lot of pain during his time with us so it's no surprise he may have stuck out like a sore thumb in training.

It's exactly "about contrasting views", Molby's are worth a sight more than those of any of us randoms on here and, since decisions about who gets in the team are based as much on what players do in training as on anything else, a pound to a penny says you're in a tiny minority who don't care about that.

Aquilani was the biggest fanny I’ve ever seen in a red shirt. For that alone, he’s my choice.

For serving us a decade of horrible mediocrity and making me question if I even like watching football at all, it simply has to be Lucas for me

None of the above, NONE of the above, horrendous as many of them were.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a signing so staggeringly short of what a Liverpool player should be that none of youse lot have even remembered him. Let's hear it for the one and only:

NICKY TANNER.

Someone once asked big Jan Molby who the worst player he ever played with for LFC was. His answer, and I quote, was this:

"Nicky Tanner. He was sh!t. He'd somehow come into training each day and be worse than the day before."

That is all.

Haha. I considered Tanner, but for once I may have been a little more charitable than yourself.

Yes, he was absolutely hopeless, but I let him off because under normal circumstances he would never have made it to the first team. There were loads of injuries in that season which I guessed was why we had to resort to playing him.

Regarding Karius the day after the CL, that's the way concussion works. You can seem fine a day later but if you don't manage it, it gets worse

We've had our fair share of dodgy keepers though
Mignolet
Karius
Westerveld
Dudek (yeah but apart from the CL final...)
Kirkland?
Carson
James
Grobbelaar

I think Pepe and Allisson have been the best since Clemence, so?

Ooooooh shit!

The OG, the GOAT, the REAL Nunez

Antonio take a bow. You were fucking shite

Fairly easy for me.

1. Karius - Just a grade A cunt....on and off the pitch, never known a keeper to kick a goal kick straight out for a corner before, the howlers in the CL final were unforgiveable and then to make up he had concussion when we all know that was fucking BS as the next day he was seen celebrating on a yacht with a girl that wasn't his gf at the time.....plus he left to join fucking Newcastle.

mate, I'm pretty sure he was caught on a yacht THREE YEARS LATER.I think you just did a "Karius" on that posting :)

Regarding Karius the day after the CL, that's the way concussion works. You can seem fine a day later but if you don't manage it, it gets worse

Mignolet
Karius
Westerveld
Kirkland?
Carson
James
Grobbelaar

Yes, I'd say so, but IMHO the above is a bit harsh on the Dude, who played well in numerous games besides the Istanbul miracle. Until the sh!tshow against the Mancs which destroyed Houllier's faith in him he'd been fine, and I reckon he could have been rehabilitated subsequently too had Houllier wanted to try. Houllier had a "one strike and you're out" approach to anyone who crossed him, and it served its purpose when he rooted the Spice Boys out, but it didn't transfer well beyond that.

Did Borini pop up one game and bag a fairly important brace? Or have I imagined that?

I think some of the more recent players are being mentioned becuase their lack of ability is fresh in the mind. Whereas Sean Dundee really should be mentioned in every post in this thread.

Did Borini pop up one game and bag a fairly important brace? Or have I imagined that?

I think some of the more recent players are being mentioned becuase their lack of ability is fresh in the mind. Whereas Sean Dundee really should be mentioned in every post in this thread.

he was BRUTAL- and yes he did get an important goal or two

Of course, but that's different. And again that's not inconsistent with concussion as it was 6 weeks later.

I wasn't mad about him either, but even Klopp agrees there was a concussion..

Mate, your're bouncing around here - feel free to not like him, but none of this undermines the concussion thing

Concussion my arse, more like excuses used to take him out the firing line.....why do you think Klopp never gave him a chance again after that? Connect the dots.

Shit keeper and a cunt, everything he's done since then has only wound me up more and more. Hope he drowns in all that saudi money he's getting.

I had intended this to be a thread where we listed our worst 11 in a regular team formation. Unfortunately I've just realised that Naby barely makes our bench. :(

Concussion my arse, more like excuses used to take him out the firing line.....why do you think Klopp never gave him a chance again after that? Connect the dots.

Shit keeper and a cunt, everything he's done since then has only wound me up more and more. Hope he drowns in all that saudi money he's getting.

Right he can be both a sub par keeper and also one who made terrible errors (even for him) due to his concussion

Mignolet
Karius
Westerveld
Kirkland?
Carson
James
Grobbelaar

Bit harsh on Grobbelaar! Obviously there was the cheating and everything but all the league titles, the European Cup, the FA Cups. The good outweighs the bad, surely!

Westerveld had every reason to think he was treated a bit unfairly too. I mean, three trophies, top 4 finish then relegated to third (maybe fourth) choice overnight.

Right he can be both a sub par keeper and also one who made terrible errors (even for him) due to his concussion
He made error after error "concussion" or no concussion which is why I've never believed any of it.

I must have completely missed Karius being a cunt. Therefore I don't have any anger towards him really.

I didn't miss him being a shit keeper. That's probably why, actually. I have largely and happily ignored his existence ever since.

Bit harsh on Grobbelaar! Obviously there was the cheating and everything but all the league titles, the European Cup, the FA Cups. The good outweighs the bad, surely!

Westerveld had every reason to think he was treated a bit unfairly too. I mean, three trophies, top 4 finish then relegated to third (maybe fourth) choice overnight.

yes sir, fair comments on Bruce and Westerveld..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom