• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Worst EVER Pool signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with Andre Wisdom, Mauricio Pellegrino, Gabriel Paletta & Julian Dicks for my defence.

Other than Degen we've not really had a terrible RB.

Clyne was ok, limited but not terrible.
Finnan was a cult hero.
Trent is a master class.
Johnno in his first few years was exceptional.
Rob Jones was the man.
Arbeloa was very reliable.
Heggem basically the norweigan Enrique, boss before he got destroyed by injuries.
Nicol/Neal perhaps the finest 2 RB's that've ever played the game.

Who else?

What about Flanagan/Wisdom? Actually they both came through the academy didn't they.

Martin Kelly is also a shout

I was actually gonna post something related to this, but I didn't think it was thread worthy.
My question was, which position on the pitch is the easiest to find a decent player for.
Has to be right back.
I mean, we've had some terrible ones, but never for a long period.
Josemi lasted a few games before Finnan took over again. Glenjo had his up and downs but all in all pretty good.
Rob Jones got his career ruined by injuries. Heggem too.
Clyne was alright. Phil Neal, probably our most successful RB ever.
Babbel was arguably one of our best RB ever.

Nope, can't think of a RB we've had for a longer period that was that I thought was terrible.

Edit: just remembered...

Carra. Hahahaha

Lol, thankfully Carra didn't last too long there either.

Other than Degen the only ones I can think of are the 3 that came from the academy in Kelly Flanagan and Wisdom....and even then Flanagan mostly ended up playing at LB and did ok.

Kelly like Degen, was too tall (& unathletic)
Wisdom was too muscular (& unathletic)
& Flanagan ran a bit like a giraffe.

Lol, thankfully Carra didn't last too long there either.

Other than Degen the only ones I can think of are the 3 that came from the academy in Kelly Flanagan and Wisdom....and even then Flanagan mostly ended up playing at LB and did ok.

Mhm, but then he became our left back.
Anyway, yeah Degen was shite. Flanno was a kid and got found out after a while. Wisdom wasnt actually RB I mean he was CB in youth/reserves.

I think I forgot one, FA cup winner Jan Kromkamp. Fucked off after one season. He was alright I guess.

Edit forgot about Arby too. Loved him.

Anyone mention Benteke? We spent 32M on him, despite it being clear to anyone with eyeballs that he didn't fit our system and Brodge had no intentions of changing the system.

Benteke didn't even try to gel in, absolutely remarkable how we got all our money back for him tbh after that season tbh.

Bit of a shame as I had high hopes for him but there are easily 7-8 other strikers who are far far worst.

Speaking of which Robbie Keane deserves a mention, £20m for that POS.

I've settled on my midfield

El Hadji Diouf, Salif Diao, Alberto Aquilani & Bruno Cheyrou.

Kirkland

Josemi - Pellegrino - Sakho - Konchesky

Poulsen

Keita - Aquilani

Pennant - Carroll - Downing

Subs: Diouf, Diao, Gonzalez, Itandje, Benteke, Adam

Here's my go in a 4-3-3. Mix of shit and shit + expensive or shit + opportunity cost.

You have all mentioned some truly bad signings but none of them are as bad as Torben Piechnik.

A truly terrible player I've still not seen a player as bad.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom