• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Worst EVER Pool signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I will say it again. Diouf was the worst signing we ever made.

Not only because he was a despicable cunt, but he was also fucking useless.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Diouf was the worst signing we ever made.

Not only because he was a despicable cunt, but he was also fucking useless.
I'm sorry but nobody puts Karius out of that particular corner.

Karius would be worst keeper signing I think. I'd disregard the likes of Itandje and Padelli because they were only reserves anyway. Case could be made for Friedel, but yeah, Karius was worse.

Karius would be worst keeper signing I think. I'd disregard the likes of Itandje and Padelli because they were only reserves anyway. Case could be made for Friedel, but yeah, Karius was worse.

The one thing I will say, is itandje deserves recognition for his cunty display during the Hillsborough service; so for me he definitely is up there

Defenders - Dicks, obviously. And Konchesky.

I'd have to throw in Kvame, Zeige and definitely Torben Piechnik, a truly awful player.

Pellegrino wasn't very good.

The names Babb, Scales and Ruddock often come up in threads like this. There's a case for Babb, but I don't remember so much about Scales and I actually thought Ruddock was a lot better than is made out.

Midfielders- Aquilani was probably the worst.

Paul Stewart should be mentioned. Even by early 90s standards he looked hopelessly unfit.

Istvan Kozma - didn't even seem to understand the rules of football.

Forwards - take your fucking pick!!

Diouf, course.

Also Balotelli, Morientes, Keane, Benteke, Lambert, Dundee. Loads of shit forwards.

It's important to lay down some parameters in terms of financial, reputational and opportunity costs.
Naby was easily the costliest
Karius single handedly handed the CL trophy to Real Madrid and had he not been the GK we may have done the double
El - Hadj Diouf was just vile

Lambert was the worst of the worst, holy shit that was painful. I've seen pregnant tortoises move faster than him.

There's also a sub-section of young players we made a massive fuss about before signing and they ended up being woeful.

Le Tallec, Pongolle, Gonzalez, Kennedy.

God, so many players could make this list.

Most of the names have been mentioned already but Pennant and Downing should also be named. Pennant needs shooting for that CL final (though the blame is mostly Rafa's for playing and persisting with him). Downing was a waste of money from the moment we decided to sign him.

Abel Xavier?

Wasn't he Rafa's first signing.

Jonjo Shelvey also for me, think he may even have been Rafa's last signing.

No fuck it was Josemi wasn't it.

Lambert was the worst of the worst, holy shit that was painful. I've seen pregnant tortoises move faster than him.

Huge fan of the fact he's followed the time honoured traditions of saints players believing in fucking stupid things

Huge fan of the fact he's followed the time honoured traditions of saints players believing in fucking stupid things

I always knew there was something wrong with him, just didn't know what until I started listening to him blab on about all this supernatural shit.

Jonjo Shelvey was okay... way better than that Dutch guy Xenden. Shelvey scored a quite a few clutch goals too. Abel Xavier wasn't a great player but beyond his hair, he was a functional defender, and I'd have him over Gomez. Ricky Lambert was cheap signing that didn't work out, because he was a life long red, so he get's a pass. We could be here all year throwing up names. People should name their 5 worst in the PL era and why?

People should name their 5 worst in the PL era and why?

Fairly easy for me.

1. Karius - Just a grade A cunt....on and off the pitch, never known a keeper to kick a goal kick straight out for a corner before, the howlers in the CL final were unforgiveable and then to make up he had concussion when we all know that was fucking BS as the next day he was seen celebrating on a yacht with a girl that wasn't his gf at the time.....plus he left to join fucking Newcastle.
2. Konchesky - Ugly looking cunt, always miserable and couldn't stand his mother.

3. Diouf - See above, couldn't help but talk shit about our past greats

4. Carroll - 35m for a donkey that couldn't run.

5. Could be 1 of about 10 but I'm going for Poulsen, Was actually a likeable guy from what I remember but fucking hell, THE worst midfielder in our history hands down.

Abel Xavier?

Wasn't he Rafa's first signing.

Jonjo Shelvey also for me, think he may even have been Rafa's last signing.

No fuck it was Josemi wasn't it.

Xavier was a while before Benitez.

It was a weird signing. I think he was signed by Thompson while Houllier was still recovering. When Houllier returned, Xavier didn't last too long.

Josemi was indeed Benitez's first signing. He was shit.

Xavier was a while before Benitez.

It was a weird signing. I think he was signed by Thompson while Houllier was still recovering. When Houllier returned, Xavier didn't last too long.

Josemi was indeed Benitez's first signing. He was shit.

Meh, you got to start somewhere....thankfully they got better from there. he really pulled off some coups considering Torres? was his record signing for 20m.

Kuyt, Agger, Pepe, Yossi, Bellers, Arba, Crouchy, Xabi, MOMO! Loved that era.

It was actually some of his more expensive signings which didn't work out.....Aqua, Keane and Johnno.

1. Karius, a GK who was afraid of the ball. I remember arguing here when he revealed he had concussion, I actually had no sympathy, why he hadn't subbed himself, instead carried on and fucking up.
  2. El Hadj Diouf, could have had Anelka but we went for this toxic narcist
  3. Naby, almost £60m, nothing to show for it
  4. Carroll, Lazar Markovic and Aquaman just like Naby, all really expensive and all did shit
  5. Ox, scored a few clutch goals but we signed him knowing how injury prone he was. He cost £37m and was going into the last year of his contract. Just the sheer stupidity on display

Last edited:
Actually yeah I'll replace Ox with Poulsen actually. Cost 10x more only to play half a good season out of 6 fucking years. Useless waster, too busy posting Insta vids doing step dances that focus on getting fit. Wanker. Lost the trust of Klopp so much that we had to see Fab Hendo all season.

None of the above, NONE of the above, horrendous as many of them were.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a signing so staggeringly short of what a Liverpool player should be that none of youse lot have even remembered him. Let's hear it for the one and only:

NICKY TANNER.

Someone once asked big Jan Molby who the worst player he ever played with for LFC was. His answer, and I quote, was this:

"Nicky Tanner. He was sh!t. He'd somehow come into training each day and be worse than the day before."

That is all.

Who gives a shit how he was in training though.

Tanner was a useful squad player and was often played out of position.

We had players like Diouf Carroll Konchesky Karius & Poulsen who came in TO BE REGULARS!!! REGULARS!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Whose view to take, Jan Molby's or - er - binomial's?

Tanner was the proverbial chocolate teapot. He wasn't "played out of position" at all - he couldn't be, because there wasn't a single position he was capable of filling at Liverpool FC level. Every one of those others, duds though most of them turned out to be, did something useful at least once in their Liverpool careers. Tanner didn't. Ever.

It's not about contrasting views, no fan is gonna care how someone was reported to have done in training by an ex team mate let alone be influenced by that when discussing their all time worst side/signings. Klopp said Carvalho was amongst the best in training he's ever seen with Liverpool.......

Tanner experienced a lot of pain during his time with us so it's no surprise he may have stuck out like a sore thumb in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom