• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgiling on the vandijkulous

How would it?

We look fucking small time by letting it get to this stage
Our failings in this transfer doesn't detract from the fact that this looks like a pathetically petty thing for Southampton to do, especially considering we're supposed to be his preferred destination.

I guess it depends on who the other bidders are. As has been said before the player has to sign the contract, he can't be forced by the club (although the agent is another matter). If the alternative bidders are league title contenders then I guess he'll be tempted, if not he just stands his ground and points at the Mersey.

Then Southampton have the same dilemma we have, to sell or to hold the line

Our failings in this transfer doesn't detract from the fact that this looks like a pathetically petty thing for Southampton to do, especially considering we're supposed to be his preferred destination.
I'm sure they're really arsed about that.
As for his preferred destination, I doubt he gives a shit. Going to City on 200k a week isn't going to upset him 1 iota.

Thing is, watching that debacle on Saturday, signing this cunt for 60M+ isn't going to make a jot of difference. May as well save the cash.

I'm sure they're really arsed about that.
As for his preferred destination, I doubt he gives a shit. Going to City on 200k a week isn't going to upset him 1 iota.

They'll be @rsed about it all right when they see his value sinking. It would be petty not because of our position in this but because it would be a classic case of cutting their own nose off to spite their face.

As for his preferred destination, he couldn't have made it plainer that he wants to come here, which is part of the reason (the other bit being the price) why Citeh dropped out of the race early on.

The Saints man revealed all to his fellow supporters while posting under the pseudonym LeBizzier69 on the popular online SaintsWeb forum.

He went over with his daughter to talk to the player and the pair exchanged smalltalk, it's claimed.

The fan then told Van Dijk he was too good to sign for Liverpool, which was apparently greeted with an icey response.

The fan wrote: "Double V D has just been having dinner with three of his entourage a few tables down from us. Took daughter over to his table after she wrote "don't go" on a napkin.

"Seemed nice enough until I said he was too good to go to Liverpool. All went a bit quiet then. That virus cleared up fast."

So she's pretty much sold the club to this Chinese fella for £210mill. He's got shares in a company valued at $1.5bill but I don't think he's rolling in cash so has financed this.

Soton have bit 17 mill for Lazio's dutch kid (hooedt or whatever).
We should bid 20.
No, because there isn't another c need back in world football good enough for us

In a years time however hoedt will be good enough so bid 80m then

in chinese language :
gao = tall
jisheng = continue or carry on to win

the name fits VVD !
Well Ji Sheng primarily means parasite or planned childbirth / birth control (I haven't seen the characters for his name so working on the Pinyin) so how do those two work out !

Southampton Press

Southampton have made a €17m bid for Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt, according to Calcio Mercato.
The report claims that Southampton have tabled their first offer for Hoedt, which is why he was left on the bench for Lazio’s clash with Juventus at the weekend.
Hoedt was an unused sub as Lazio beat Juventus 3-2 in the Italian Supercoppa, with the report claiming Southampton’s offer was the reason behind the decision.

€17m equates to roughly £15.4m, which would be the most Southampton have ever spent on a central defender in their history.
This comes just a few days after news broke that Southampton had a £19m bid rejected for Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer, though.

All the chatter is that Southampton are begging Chelsea or City or fucking anyone to bid for VVD and will not countenance any offer from us. I know the player can't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to, but if Chelsea or City make an offer then I can't see this happening.

All the chatter is that Southampton are begging Chelsea or City or fucking anyone to bid for VVD and will not countenance any offer from us. I know the player can't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to, but if Chelsea or City make an offer then I can't see this happening.

Not sure the second bit of your final sentence follows from the first TBH, Doc. He could not have made it clearer that he has only one destination in mind. Southampton's realistic alternatives are (a) to sell to us or (b) to let him rot and lose an avalanche of cash so, despite their blustering, I can still see this happening.

Not sure the second bit of your final sentence follows from the first TBH, Doc. He could not have made it clearer that he has only one destination in mind. Southampton's realistic alternatives are (a) to sell to us or (b) to let him rot and lose an avalanche of cash so, despite their blustering, I can still see this happening.
It's not outlandish to suggest that he may accept an offer to move to Chelsea or City purely because his relationship has broken down with Southampton. We might be his preferred destination, but I'm sure all three are preferable to staying there. We hold none of the cards here at this point.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's not outlandish to suggest that he may accept an offer to move to Chelsea or City purely because his relationship has broken down with Southampton. We might be his preferred destination, but I'm sure all three are preferable to staying there. We hold none of the cards here at this point.

This is the way I see it too. In his statement he basically made it clear he was open to offers from big ambitious clubs. We may be his preferred destination, but if he is faced with the choice (and it may be presented to him in this way) between staying or going to Chelsea or City, then he won't hang around in the hope that Southampton will relent and open negotiations with us. There is a massively poisonous feeling among the Saints fans against the club doing business with us. The only way he ends up at Liverpool is if no one else bids or we their heads with an offer outlandishly higher than Chelsea and City.

Last edited:
Chelsea won't sign him, they're overstocked and increasingly acting more sensibly in the transfer market.

What are city like at the back? They're definitely not shy with the money.

This is the way I see it too. In his statement he basically made it clear he was open to offers from big ambitious clubs. We may be his preferred destination, but if he is faced with the choice (and it may be presented him in this way) between staying or going to Chelsea or City, then he won't hang around in the hope that Southampton will relent and open negotiations with us. There is a massively poisonous feeling among the Saints fans against the club doing business with us. The only way he ends up at Liverpool is if no one else bids or we their heads with an offer outlandishly higher than Chelsea and City.
Personally, I wouldn't want to pay over the odds just to price out Chelsea and City. If the price to us is another £5-10m plus then we definitely should walk away.

Back
Top Bottom