• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
We quite often get tractors on motorways over here - its a fucking disaster, don't let this happen

I’m more worried by the fact that everyone I see this thread, I start to hear “turnaround” sung in the style of Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” in my head.

I guess you could say about Trent - every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by…

That's a japs eye view though.
Erm.. don’t think you should be saying Jap whether it’s part of a joke or not (a joke I don’t understand either).

Anyway..
In Japanese:
Difficult = Muzukashii
Easy = Kantan

No idea what binomial’s talking about.

Erm.. don’t think you should be saying Jap whether it’s part of a joke or not (a joke I don’t understand either).

Anyway..
In Japanese:
Difficult = Muzukashii
Easy = Kantan

No idea what binomial’s talking about.
You learn something new everyday, thanks for the language lesson. (y)

I was referring to the English media trying to translate from Japanese to English, probably look stupid doing so and mixing what he meant to say for the opposite.

There is a chance Trent could make it in midfield if we had an RB like Robertson there. Robertson is just a better athlete and when the ball is lost he can either influence the counter or get back to a more defensively solid position more often, or at least that's what it seems. As well being a better matchup against most wingers physically. I would think its easier to hide that specific flaw in a midfield 3 or even in Klopp's aggressive front 4. He isn't a bad defender for a lot of it, he just isn't suited to the position with the most running... I wonder if he could be an even more useful attacking hub and add goals.

You'd think Robertson would be giving Trent advice about how to better defend. It can't all be instinctive surely?

In any other business if you were making mistakes or not working efficiently a colleague/mentor/manager would be setting you straight.

Maybe I'm naive but footballers egos can't be so fragile that they refuse to adapt.

a full back that can cover both sides to challenge trent and robbo

this frimpong lad, or as i like to say, james justin
You mean the Frimpong that plays in the same style as Trent and has the same shortcomings? That Frimpong?

As has been said swings and roundabouts. We're not going to be as good going forward without TAA pinging those crosses / cross-field balls around.

I'm betting it won't be an issue once the midfield has been sorted over the summer.

Erm, I don't really think he's physically strong either.

Just about above average to be honest.

Physically strong defenders don't get bullied so much in the air (Mitrovic / Coquelin) or "bodied" by Kai Havertz (the lanky wuss) when they go shoulder to shoulder.

Kyle Walker is a physically strong. Reece James. AWB. Joe Gomez is.

Trent is pretty average.

FWIW, I'm not advocating for his sale, but he needs genuine competition like you wouldn't believe.

And moving positions is not a fix all solution either as his lazy attitude this year should NOT be rewarded with a "promotion" up the pitch, where you need to do even more running.

Joe Gomez is physically strong? Ahahahaha

When Trent goes, and he will, forced out by some super know-it-all massive, and we're stuck with an ordinary RB who's ultra-cautious and creates 2 goals in 5 years, I hope people are happy. Sometimes you don't know when you've got it good. I've said it before, if Trent went to Spain, he'd end up with titles galore, a few more CLs and whole more kudos and we'll be left with some steady Eddy at RB who people will try and convince us is great. Whatever.

When Trent goes, and he will, forced out by some super know-it-all massive, and we're stuck with an ordinary RB who's ultra-cautious and creates 2 goals in 5 years, I hope people are happy. Sometimes you don't know when you've got it good. I've said it before, if Trent went to Spain, he'd end up with titles galore, a few more CLs and whole more kudos and we'll be left with some steady Eddy at RB who people will try and convince us is great. Whatever.

Trent's great and obviously should and will stay in my opinion but we do need a reliable backup in the way that Tsimikas deputizes for Robertson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom