• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Trent thread isn't it? I called out the entire team for their lack of challenges in the match thread if you are wondering.

It seems whenever a comment is made about a player like Trent, it becomes a "thing". You made it a thing, not me.
Not really. I didn't make it anything TBH. You said he was skipping past Trent at will - I just pointed out that he was skipping past everyone. Meaning it's tough to pull Trent up on that when no-one could lay a hand on him.

That’s part of the problem isn’t it - we’re used to having a high percentage possession of the ball, which means we should be running less - but that would mean we need players capable of retaining and passing the ball, and we’re shit at doing that as well.
That’s why Newcastle, despite being a man down, was a bigger threat in the second half. They looked after the ball much better than we did. It’s my constant moan— we collectively treat the ball like a hissing snake.

Last edited:
It’s strange that you post this after an away win in which the defender in question marked an assist and 4 key passes. As in, it worked.
Nothing strange about it, its been a constant throughout the season and a major factor why we play so badly every game.

Its okay to have a sense of humor after beating Utd 7-0 you know. Not everything is a dig or warrant that type of reply.

TBF we probably wouldn't have won 7-1, as we would have been 0-1 down and that's a different beast. Who's to say it couldn't have ended up a thrashing the other way.

Trent had a great game overall, but it's brain farts moments like that that can (and will) cause us problems

Whilst it's fucking brilliant to get that result, it's VERY important we don't get complacent with issues.

TBF we probably wouldn't have won 7-1, as we would have been 0-1 down and that's a different beast. Who's to say it couldn't have ended up a thrashing the other way.

Trent had a great game overall, but it's brain farts moments like that that can (and will) cause us problems

Yeah, but you can say that in any game if you micro analyze it. What if we score in our first attack or Utd score from Antony's shot etc etc. The outcome would have been different.
Overall Trent had a very good game and handled the most in form attacker in Europe. Over 90 + mins he keeps his concentration bar maybe a few situations. Cant ask for much more than that.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask a player to make zero mistakes over 90mins - you expect the team as a whole to cover individual mistakes.

The problem is that some are worse / more infuriating than others. Take Elliot's shit crossfield pass (and subsequent failure to clear it on the first attempt) - for me that was the stand out "WTF ARE YOU DOING" moment in the game because it was so avoidable. On another day we might have gotten punished for it.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask a player to make zero mistakes over 90mins - you expect the team as a whole to cover individual mistakes.

The problem is that some are worse / more infuriating than others. Take Elliot's shit crossfield pass (and subsequent failure to clear it on the first attempt) - for me that was the stand out "WTF ARE YOU DOING" moment in the game because it was so avoidable. On another day we might have gotten punished for it.

Yeah, that was a real WTF moment. Really thought we would concede there.

Which is where a lot of the animosity towards Nunez and Salah came from. They missed big chances in games where we drop points.

This.
Whatever level you play, I just don’t go into game thinking a single player won’t make a mistake but what I expect is desire and the right attitude which Trent for whatever reason has been lacking this season but slowly the smile is coming back.
This season will only be remebered for this game so enjoy it for once.

Last edited:
Players are allowed to make mistakes, and it would be churlish to expect otherwise. Consistently making the same mistakes however is different. With Trent, that's his weak point. Anything crossed back post more often than not he doesn't win, or doesn't fight for it. This has been, what, 4 years now?

Elliott has made a the same mistake a few games now, Where he tries an overly complex pass and just gives it away in the centre circle. Ideally, he'll learn and cut them out. Whether that's how he's been instructed to play, or is so focused on getting the team to attack I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom