• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posters on here thinks Frenkie de Jong is vastly overrated and that de Ligt is awful.

I say this to comfort you, as you are not the only one completely inept of judging a players quality.
I happen to think both De Jong and De Ligt are cracking young players.

I also happen to think that Eriksen is a very good player, just nowhere near the top bracket. He also tends to go missing in the crunch matches. I'm from North London originally and most of my family/old friend group are Spurs season ticket holders. They're mostly agreed that Eriksen isn't in the top strata of players and are happy enough to get a good fee and move on (especially given the general consensus is that he's both been below par this season and again when it mattered).

The chances created stats you posted look impressive but might prove misleading. How is a 'chance created' measured by the compilers? If every time Kane receives the ball from Eriksen and shoots (when there's a better option on) is counted as a chance, that's going to be massively inflated figure.

I also happen to think that Eriksen is a very good player, just nowhere near the top bracket. He also tends to go missing in the crunch matches. I'm from North London originally and most of my family/old friend group are Spurs season ticket holders. They're mostly agreed that Eriksen isn't in the top strata of players and are happy enough to get a good fee and move on (especially given the general consensus is that he's both been below par this season and again when it mattered).

The chances created stats you posted look impressive but might prove misleading. How is a 'chance created' measured by the compilers? If every time Kane receives the ball from Eriksen and shoots (when there's a better option on) is counted as a chance, that's going to be massively inflated figure.
Chances Created is when a pass/shot sets up a teammate for a direct scoring opp or goal.

“A common statistic that many people have begun to value and notice a lot recently is the chances created statistic. Chances created, according to Opta's website, is defined as "assists plus Key passes" where a Key Pass is "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring" (Opta is a company that tracks and generates a ton of data in soccer). So basically, any pass that leads to a shot is considered a chance created.”

Eriksen is awesome in the pass-cumshot area.

I'm actually with KHL with this one. Not in terms of his quality but definitely in terms of how damaging it will be to Spurs. He was their engine room and main creative source, it's not going to be easy to replace a Rolls Royce engine with a De Havilland.

Odds on linked players:

Nicolas Pepe - 5/4
The Lille ace has been linked with a host of clubs across Europe, including Bayern Munich and Arsenal, but the chances of Liverpool securing the services of Nicolas Pepe this summer seem to have decreased drastically over the course of recent days - with Pepe 10/1 for an Anfield move on Wednesday night.

That has changed significantly since, with Liverpool now the favourites with some bookies to win the race for Pepe this summer - which would send a warning sign to the rest of Europe about Liverpool's intentions in the market.

Matthijs de Ligt - 4/1

0_GettyImages-1150226248.jpg

Matthijs de Ligt of Ajax (Image: Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)
The 19-year-old Ajax captain is the hottest property on the market this summer, after a spectacular campaign that saw Matthijs de Ligt lift the Eredivisie title and lead the Dutch side to the semi-finals of the Champions League, where they were denied a clash against Liverpool in the final by Lucas Moura's heroics.
Amid reports that Liverpool are keen to partner De Ligt in the heart of their defence with compatriot Virgil van Dijk, the odds on the teenager moving to the Premier League to join Klopp's side have tumbled - giving the likes of Manchester United and Barcelona a new name to contend with.

Philippe Coutinho - 5/1
Philippe Coutinho's move to Barcelona from Liverpool 18 months ago has not gone as planned and the Brazilian is widely expected to leave the LaLiga champions this summer.
However, rather surprisingly, the Reds are ranked as a 5/1 shot to bring the South American back to Anfield.
The reason for this is unclear, as Liverpool have moved on since the sale of Coutinho and would not be keen on landing the former Inter Milan man for a second time, so if he is to move to the Premier League it is more likely to be to join another English side.

Bruno Fernandes - 9/4
Linked with both Manchester clubs, Bruno Fernandes is currently on international duty with Portugal at the UEFA Nations League and could be on his way to the Premier League after the tournament concludes.
With Manchester City's interest in the midfielder reportedly cooling, Liverpool's chances of a deal have improved.
The Reds are as short as 9/4 in some quarters to sign the 24-year-old from Portuguese side Sporting.
And the lure of joining the Champions League winners may prove to be a significant advantage over a Manchester United side who cannot even offer an opportunity to play in the preliminary rounds next year.
Memphis Depay - 10/11

0_JS168680604.jpg

Memphis Depay of the Netherlands celebrates after scoring
The former Manchester United man has helped to guide Lyon to another season in the Champions League but may not be around to see it, as Liverpool are as short as 10/11 with some bookmakers to bring the Netherlands international back to the Premier League.
Interestingly, Liverpool have announced they are playing Lyon in a pre-season friendly this summer so it would be the perfect opportunity to thrash out a deal, or indeed see Depay play against his former employers.

Man Utd new signing

[xtable=320x123]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2|145x@}Competition{/th}
{th=21x@} {/th}
{th=11x@} {/th}
{th=22x@} {/th}
{th=32x@} {/th}
{th=49x@} {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2|145x@}Total :{/td}
{td=21x@}38{/td}
{td=11x@}5{/td}
{td=22x@}10{/td}
{td=32x@}563{/td}
{td=49x@}2.815{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=25x@}
gb2.png
{/td}
{td=114x@}Championship{/td}
{td=21x@}33{/td}
{td=11x@}4{/td}
{td=22x@}9{/td}
{td=32x@}627{/td}
{td=49x@}2.506{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=25x@}
fac.png
{/td}
{td=114x@}FA Cup{/td}
{td=21x@}4{/td}
{td=11x@}1{/td}
{td=22x@}1{/td}
{td=32x@}219{/td}
{td=49x@}219{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=25x@}
cgb.png
{/td}
{td=114x@}EFL Cup{/td}
{td=21x@}1{/td}
{td=11x@}-{/td}
{td=22x@}-{/td}
{td=32x@}-{/td}
{td=49x@}90{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

If I was a Man Utd fan, this signing would not give me any confidence that the club are fixing the cracks

I've heard it on the tickle. Fernandes is pretty much done. I've no idea who he is though. Can someone educate?

He turned down city and the club haven’t denied the link. Lots of talk it could happen. He was poor playing for Portugal the other night.

Ya he was shite when Denmark came to Dublin and needed to come from behind to go to the WC.

Shittiest hat trick ever

Yeah, because beating our bunch of fucking donkies is right up there with taking down Barcelona in full flight... We're putrid, mate - Outclassing our midfield does not turn many heads anymore.

Arsenal considering upping their bid to meet Sampdorias asking price of £40M for DENMARK U21 defender Joachim Andersen.

Have seen him like four times so I can’t really make a valid judgrment.

United and Spurs also mentioned interested acc to Gazzetta dello Sport.

It seems like a lot of money..

Arsenal considering upping their bid to meet Sampdorias asking price of £40M for DENMARK U21 defender Joachim Andersen.

Have seen him like four times so I can’t really make a valid judgrment.

United and Spurs also mentioned interested acc to Gazzetta dello Sport.

It seems like a lot of money..
If I were then I would make a £40,000,001 offer to Liverpool for Lovren. Guaranteed, they'll get the best defender in Croatia.

Bruno Fernandes is not very good. I think the whole LFC "link" is made up by his agent and we're not remotely interested. I'm willing to bet that he will end up signing for Valencia or some other upper-mid table team at best; none of the top teams (other than perhaps United) would be interested.

Bruno Fernandes is not very good. I think the whole LFC "link" is made up by his agent and we're not remotely interested. I'm willing to bet that he will end up signing for Valencia or some other upper-mid table team at best; none of the top teams (other than perhaps United) would be interested.
I think he played the other night didn't he ? - he just reminded me of a Raul Meireles - a nothing type of player.

Back up for Alisson? Sell mong and promote youngster in a year or so

Absolutely makes sense on all fronts to bring in Buffon - who is also my idol!

He'll be happy come across as a back up.

More importantly he brings across experience that no other keeper can bring to the squad.

The professionalism & experience he would add to the squad is priceless - it was legitimately wasted at a club like PSG.

The only thing preventing this move is the reluctance of Juventus greats moving to LFC as it would cause a huge shit storm among the Juve supporters to the point it would most likely tarnish his legacy at Juve in their eyes.

Del Piero came out and said he wanted to join us after leaving Juve but changed his mind because of the Juve fans & how they would react.

Be interesting to see if they go after De Gea or Oblak to replace him, hopefully it ends up with United needing a new keeper. Not that De Gea has been particularly good recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom