• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen are the same level of quality needs fucking shooting.
I think Hazard is probably the best player in the world right now alongside VvD, doesn't mean other players are not quite effective too and the arguments on here are truly horrible when it comes to some players.

Virgil is the best central defender
Hazard is the best winger/forward/wide player
Eriksen is easily one of the best creative midfielder alongside de Bruyne.

How is this so fucking hard to fathom?

Anyone who thinks Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen are the same level of quality needs fucking shooting.
Weren't you also the one saying the EXACT same thing about Silva v Eriksen? That Silva was thrice the player Eriksen would ever be?

Look how fucking wrong you are all the time. Don't shoot yourself in the head though.

I'll be well happy if Erikson leaves Spurs. The only problem is it's looking like a two horse race already, with the title being decided by two games between us and Citeh, like last season.

No thanks to Eriksen. Overrated and spineless in big games.
Posters on here thinks Frenkie de Jong is vastly overrated and that de Ligt is awful.

I say this to comfort you, as you are not the only one completely inept of judging a players quality.

I think those rumours about us trying to sign Max Kruse should not be dismissed. People are not talking about this because let's face it, a 31 year old striker potentially coming on a free transfer from Bremen doesn't quite generate the media buzz. But it's been clear for a while that one of the glaring weaknesses in our squad has been the lack of adequate cover for Firmino. We need a player who is good with his back to the goal, intelligent in his movement, defensively hard-working, with technical quality and vision to set up chances for Mo and Sadio and score a few himself. In addition to that he should be content with sporadic game time (so an experienced player is preferable) and ideally not cost a fortune. Kruse is not the only player in the world who fits this description, but he does check all the boxes and if we lose the competition for his signature to Bayern (who are actively pursuing him), I'm sure we will be trying to sign someone else who fits the bill.

Here's a good background article on Kruse. If you follow the link, you can also watch a couple of videos with tactical analysis of Kruse and Werder's attacking game, which is in part based on similar principles to ours.

=======================
775280752_oh_1664.jpg

Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient are terms often used to describe deities, but in the eyes of Werder Bremen fans dreaming of European qualification, that’s exactly what Max Kruse is. The club captain has missed just 44 minutes of league action this season and, with a knack for inspiring those around him to greater heights, has been both the facilitator and finisher in an unprecedented scoring streak matched only by Paris Saint-Germain in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

While Bremen’s form has been impressive, Kruse’s has been breathtaking, particularly in March. The 31-year-old had a hand in ten of Bremen’s 11 goals over a five-game span - a tally only Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (12) could top in the same timeframe. In 2019, a tactical tweak to drop deeper as the tip of a diamond midfield has afforded Kruse a greater freedom on the pitch and allowed him to play an integral role in Bremen’s unbeaten start to the calendar year.

“I wouldn’t put it all down to me,” was Kruse’s humble response to being asked about his impact in the second half of the season. “We spent a lot of time discussing things during the winter break and working out what we could do better.
“You can't pull it off in every game, but we've picked up important points and still haven't lost in the Rückrunde. Nevertheless, we’re still not satisfied and won’t be until we reach our targets.”

In recent seasons, Bremen’s current tally of 46 points would have been enough to achieve their aim of avoiding relegation. In 2018/19, sitting in seventh place with five games left to play is just further proof that times and targets have changed since Germany’s Coach of the Year took over back in April 2018. Handed the captain’s armband in the summer, Kruse has been head coach Florian Kohfeldt’s right-hand man in a rebuilding process that has seen Bremen evolve from relegation candidates to top-six hopefuls. “Max is doing a great job, both on and off the pitch,” Kohfeldt said when assessing his star striker’s recent performances. “He creates the balance between relaxed and totally focused on a Matchday. He is a difference maker.”

Kruse’s qualities are evidenced by the fact he’s finished as top scorer for seven straight seasons despite representing five different clubs in that time. The captain’s armband, though, has only extended his influence as he looks to do it for a third straight season in Bremen. “I haven't calmed down, but I've certainly developed,” Kruse said. “Irrespective of whether they're positive or negative, you learn things from every situation life throws at you. Ultimately, I haven't changed much, but I have taken on more responsibility because as the captain you represent the club and the city.” On the pitch, Kruse has shouldered the responsibility like the seasoned professional he is and currently tops the Bremen charts in terms of goals scored (ten) and assists (nine). More impressive, though, is that he leads the entire Bundesliga in terms of chances created in the current campaign.

In Werder’s 3-1 win over Mainz, the Weserstadion witnessed the latest in a series of ‘Masterclasses by Max’ that had previously left Schalke and Leverkusen by the wayside. Yet no superhero is complete without a sidekick and, in Milot Rashica, Kruse has the perfect foil. “They fit very well together in terms of their understanding of the game - Milot with his runs in deep, Max with his vision,” admitted Kohfeldt of the most dynamic duo in Northern Germany.

Kruse’s quick thinking led to Rashica’s opener and, after Bremen’s captain doubled the lead before half-time, the Kosovo international returned the favour as Kruse notched the 10th brace of his Bundesliga career. “The more we play together the better it works. Everyone knows Max’s quality on the ball and he expects certain movements from me as a forward. We practice that a lot,” said Rashica, who himself has netted seven times in 2019, with Kruse the provider for three of them. It’s a prolific partnership that has drawn comparisons with the title-winning collaboration between Ailton and Ivan Klasnic in 2004. For Kruse, that’s an “exaggeration”, but he can’t deny being at the heart of Werder’s wave of euphoria as both player and club look to hit their targets: “I want to play in Europe and it would be great to do that with Bremen.”
No issue with Kruse, he could be a Teddy Sheringham type signing. I would like a winger to cover Mo and Mane, Hakim Zeyich would be ideal if not Pepe. Bruno Fernandes wants to sign for us, I would take him too and offload Shaq.

I'll be well happy if Erikson leaves Spurs. The only problem is it's looking like a two horse race already, with the title being decided by two games between us and Citeh, like last season.
Indeed. Though I would be OK with that. We were less than 2cms from the title this past season, hopefully we can squeeze it over the line this time !

Weren't you also the one saying the EXACT same thing about Silva v Eriksen? That Silva was thrice the player Eriksen would ever be?

Look how fucking wrong you are all the time. Don't shoot yourself in the head though.

No

And please do shoot yourself in the head.

How the fuck is Hazard the best player in the world? what matrix are you using to get to that conclusion?

How the fuck is Hazard the best player in the world? what matrix are you using to get to that conclusion?
His ability, pace, passing range is enough to negate the satbility of any of world footballs best defences. VVD or no VVD his impact in games against us was always to cause mayhem. When he wanta to play no one can deal with him.

Daniel James will undergo a medical with Manchester United on Thursday ahead of his £18m move from Swansea, Sky Sports News understands.
United are close to completing a deal for the 21-year-old winger and Wales international, who has one-year left on his contract, as manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to begin his rebuild of the club.
It is understood the initial fee is worth £15m plus an additional £3m in add-ons, with personal terms already agreed.

His ability, pace, passing range is enough to negate the satbility of any of world footballs best defences. VVD or no VVD his impact in games against us was always to cause mayhem. When he wanta to play no one can deal with him.
Are you telling me you'd have Hazard over Mbappe or Messi?

Forgive me for being blunt, but that's an awful analysis Doc.

/rant

So Hazard is going to be a big loss for Chelsea because he represents a significant proportion of any goal threat they have carried, you say. Whereas Eriksen leaving could be a blessing in disguise for Spurs and he doesn't seem like the same player?

Eriksen has assisted more goals than any other player in the Premier League since 2013. In Feb the count was six more than nr. 2 in the list.

This season, his poor one as you claim, he recorded 12 assists compared to Hazard's 15. He even scored 8 goals from his midfield position to boot. This was in the Premiership alone, as he was also quite pivotal in Spurs reaching the Champions League final. Dele Alli has looked like a MK Dons player all season and Kane was injured for the last 3 months. Eriksen and Son have carried Spurs most of the season.

To boot, Eriksen covers more ground than any other Spurs player and he creates more chances than anyone in the league.

So unlike what you believe if Eriksen leaves Spurs their loss will be absolutely immense and about in the same bracket as Chelsea losing Hazard.

/rant over

Jaysus, calm down missus! I'm not saying he is shit KHL, in fact, he's clearly very, very good. I just think that Spurs losing Eriksen is much less damaging to Spurs than losing Hazard is to Chelsea. Dele Ali has been shite, but they do have a number of other good attacking players. If they invest the £80m or whatever they get for him they're going to be more likely to recover from his loss than the Chavs will from losing Hazard. Get over your Viking defensiveness dude.

Jaysus, calm down missus! I'm not saying he is shit KHL, in fact, he's clearly very, very good. I just think that Spurs losing Eriksen is much less damaging to Spurs than losing Hazard is to Chelsea. Dele Ali has been shite, but they do have a number of other good attacking players. If they invest the £80m or whatever they get for him they're going to be more likely to recover from his loss than the Chavs will from losing Hazard. Get over your Viking defensiveness dude.
Whatever dude. If none of the stats could convince you of his importance to Spurs success nothing will.

We’ll see what happens.

IT IS IN FUCKING COMPARISON TO CHELSEA WHO CAN"T SPEND A PENNY OF HAZARD'S FEE. FFFS!
Lol. Big caps to the rescue.

Kinda didn’t mention that did you? Convenient new argument is convenient.

Fuck it, never should’ve bothered with this in the first place..

Cheers

Lol. Big caps to the rescue.

Kinda didn’t mention that did you? Convenient new argument is convenient.

Fuck it, never should’ve bothered with this in the first place..

Cheers
The whole thing was comparing United losing Pogba, Chelsea Hazard and Spurs losing Eriksen. That was what my post was doing.

I think Hazard is probably the best player in the world right now alongside VvD, doesn't mean other players are not quite effective too and the arguments on here are truly horrible when it comes to some players.

Virgil is the best central defender
Hazard is the best winger/forward/wide player
Eriksen is easily one of the best creative midfielder alongside de Bruyne.

How is this so fucking hard to fathom?

Both Mane and Salah are more productive and better than Hazard imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom