• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, City will be horrible.

I'd be a bit disappointed in him, too. Potential to be the next big star of football, but he will have made 2 moves for money to the oily Sheikhs before the age of 21.

PSG...maybe, but joining Man City under Guardiola is hardly a move solely motivated by arab oil money. They're one of the best sides in Europe. Even if they are all cunts and their fans are mentally ill.

PSG...maybe, but joining Man City under Guardiola is hardly a move solely motivated by arab oil money. They're one of the best sides in Europe. Even if they are all cunts and their fans are mentally ill.

Guardiola won't be there in 3 years, though.

But they are Man City....just the name makes me think...WHO ?

I actually think he will end up at Madrid if they fail to get Neymar. Can see them building their next set of stars around Eden , and Mbappe.

Liverpool make shock enquiry for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge in fresh transfer twist following Aston Villa bid
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...liverpool-make-shock-enquiry-cardiff-16379079
[article]Liverpool could be about to join the race for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge's signature.

WalesOnline understands the Reds have made an initial enquiry over his availability this summer, but have not yet launched a formal approach.

Despite boasting one of the Premier League's best number ones in Brazilian Alisson Becker, Liverpool are likely to be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer, with deputies Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius both strongly linked with moves away.

The Champions League winners were previously tipped for a move for West Ham United's Adrian, although those links have since been played down by reports on Merseyside.

It's understood the Reds are now keeping tabs on Etheridge, who's already attracted plenty of attention since Cardiff's relegation to the Championship.

Liverpool have already been linked with a potential move for former Bluebirds stopper David Marshall.[/article]

He qualifies as a homegrown player btw

Why would.he come to play 2nd fiddle to Alisson? We should get some like Buffon, experienced, towards end of career and does not mind being on bench

Not true, very much value for money, along with Eden Hazard, Mbappe is a threat against any entire back line.
We won't get him because we are not Real Madrid.
And how much would he cost to get? What about his wages, and dressing room harmony because of that?

Not worth it, I tells you.

And how much would he cost to get? What about his wages, and dressing room harmony because of that?

Not worth it, I tells you.
For the clubs that cannot afford him ... you are correct. Sadly we are one of those clubs, but Real Madrid can afford it, and will become a very powerful threat to our European crown next season if they do get Hazard, and Mbappe.

I think the whole of Europe can see that with Klopp, we as a team may make it a habit of getting to Euro Finals, and Real are not stupid, they are going for players that have caused us serious problems.

I'm giving links to lower league / inexpensive / homegrown players slightly more credence this summer.

Imo we'll be looking to the Gomez route for Moreno's replacement, maybe something similar in the other fullback position and a backup keeper if Ming goes and we don't trust the current youths.

I hope that story about us looking out for 'generational talents' or whatever the term was is true as well. But most of all I hope we go big for a fourth top quality attacker for some actual quality to rotate.

I just read that Lallana wants to stay, what the fuck ? Says he wants to be here and hang around for more success. What a load of fucking shit, he made appearances in 16 games, same as last season. Surely he needs to be moved on ?

So it looks like United might lose Pogba, Chelsea have already lost Hazard, Spurs will sell Eriksen and maybe a couple more and Arsenal will have a complete clear-out. This could be known as the summer of star player exodus and for once, hopefully, we won't be involved.

United will only be improved by divesting themselves of Pogba. All the talent and none of the mentality. Hazard a huge loss to Chelsea. He represents a significant proportion of any goal threat they have carried. I’m actually not sure how big a loss Eriksen will be. He didn’t seem like quite the same player this year,and if Spurs reinvest well they could do well from his move.

I think those rumours about us trying to sign Max Kruse should not be dismissed. People are not talking about this because let's face it, a 31 year old striker potentially coming on a free transfer from Bremen doesn't quite generate the media buzz. But it's been clear for a while that one of the glaring weaknesses in our squad has been the lack of adequate cover for Firmino. We need a player who is good with his back to the goal, intelligent in his movement, defensively hard-working, with technical quality and vision to set up chances for Mo and Sadio and score a few himself. In addition to that he should be content with sporadic game time (so an experienced player is preferable) and ideally not cost a fortune. Kruse is not the only player in the world who fits this description, but he does check all the boxes and if we lose the competition for his signature to Bayern (who are actively pursuing him), I'm sure we will be trying to sign someone else who fits the bill.

Here's a good background article on Kruse. If you follow the link, you can also watch a couple of videos with tactical analysis of Kruse and Werder's attacking game, which is in part based on similar principles to ours.

=======================
775280752_oh_1664.jpg

Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient are terms often used to describe deities, but in the eyes of Werder Bremen fans dreaming of European qualification, that’s exactly what Max Kruse is. The club captain has missed just 44 minutes of league action this season and, with a knack for inspiring those around him to greater heights, has been both the facilitator and finisher in an unprecedented scoring streak matched only by Paris Saint-Germain in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

While Bremen’s form has been impressive, Kruse’s has been breathtaking, particularly in March. The 31-year-old had a hand in ten of Bremen’s 11 goals over a five-game span - a tally only Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (12) could top in the same timeframe. In 2019, a tactical tweak to drop deeper as the tip of a diamond midfield has afforded Kruse a greater freedom on the pitch and allowed him to play an integral role in Bremen’s unbeaten start to the calendar year.

“I wouldn’t put it all down to me,” was Kruse’s humble response to being asked about his impact in the second half of the season. “We spent a lot of time discussing things during the winter break and working out what we could do better.
“You can't pull it off in every game, but we've picked up important points and still haven't lost in the Rückrunde. Nevertheless, we’re still not satisfied and won’t be until we reach our targets.”

In recent seasons, Bremen’s current tally of 46 points would have been enough to achieve their aim of avoiding relegation. In 2018/19, sitting in seventh place with five games left to play is just further proof that times and targets have changed since Germany’s Coach of the Year took over back in April 2018. Handed the captain’s armband in the summer, Kruse has been head coach Florian Kohfeldt’s right-hand man in a rebuilding process that has seen Bremen evolve from relegation candidates to top-six hopefuls. “Max is doing a great job, both on and off the pitch,” Kohfeldt said when assessing his star striker’s recent performances. “He creates the balance between relaxed and totally focused on a Matchday. He is a difference maker.”

Kruse’s qualities are evidenced by the fact he’s finished as top scorer for seven straight seasons despite representing five different clubs in that time. The captain’s armband, though, has only extended his influence as he looks to do it for a third straight season in Bremen. “I haven't calmed down, but I've certainly developed,” Kruse said. “Irrespective of whether they're positive or negative, you learn things from every situation life throws at you. Ultimately, I haven't changed much, but I have taken on more responsibility because as the captain you represent the club and the city.” On the pitch, Kruse has shouldered the responsibility like the seasoned professional he is and currently tops the Bremen charts in terms of goals scored (ten) and assists (nine). More impressive, though, is that he leads the entire Bundesliga in terms of chances created in the current campaign.

In Werder’s 3-1 win over Mainz, the Weserstadion witnessed the latest in a series of ‘Masterclasses by Max’ that had previously left Schalke and Leverkusen by the wayside. Yet no superhero is complete without a sidekick and, in Milot Rashica, Kruse has the perfect foil. “They fit very well together in terms of their understanding of the game - Milot with his runs in deep, Max with his vision,” admitted Kohfeldt of the most dynamic duo in Northern Germany.

Kruse’s quick thinking led to Rashica’s opener and, after Bremen’s captain doubled the lead before half-time, the Kosovo international returned the favour as Kruse notched the 10th brace of his Bundesliga career. “The more we play together the better it works. Everyone knows Max’s quality on the ball and he expects certain movements from me as a forward. We practice that a lot,” said Rashica, who himself has netted seven times in 2019, with Kruse the provider for three of them. It’s a prolific partnership that has drawn comparisons with the title-winning collaboration between Ailton and Ivan Klasnic in 2004. For Kruse, that’s an “exaggeration”, but he can’t deny being at the heart of Werder’s wave of euphoria as both player and club look to hit their targets: “I want to play in Europe and it would be great to do that with Bremen.”

Last edited:
United will only be improved by divesting themselves of Pogba. All the talent and none of the mentality. Hazard a huge loss to Chelsea. He represents a significant proportion of any goal threat they have carried. I’m actually not sure how big a loss Eriksen will be. He didn’t seem like quite the same player this year,and if Spurs reinvest well they could do well from his move.

I think I read somewhere that Hazard has created/scored about 50% of Chelsea's goals this season.

I think those rumours about us trying to sign Max Kruse should not be dismissed. People are not talking about this because a 31 year old striker potentially coming on a free transfer from Bremen doesn't quite generate the newspaper buzz. But it's been clear for a while that one of the glaring weaknesses in our squad has been the lack of adequate cover for Firmino. We need a player who is good with his back to the goal, intelligent in his movement, defensively hard-working, with technical quality and vision to set up chances for Mo and Sadio and score a few himself. In addition to that he should be content with sporadic game time (so an experienced player is preferable) and ideally not cost a fortune. Kruse is not the only player in the world who fits this description, but he does check all the boxes and if we lose the competition for his signature to Bayern, I'm sure we will be trying to sign someone else who fits the bill.

Here's a good background article on Kruse. If you follow the link, you can also watch a couple of videos with tactical analysis of Kruse and Werder's attacking game, which is in part based on similar principles as ours.

=======================
775280752_oh_1664.jpg

Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient are terms often used to describe deities, but in the eyes of Werder Bremen fans dreaming of European qualification, that’s exactly what Max Kruse is. The club captain has missed just 44 minutes of league action this season and, with a knack for inspiring those around him to greater heights, has been both the facilitator and finisher in an unprecedented scoring streak matched only by Paris Saint-Germain in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

While Bremen’s form has been impressive, Kruse’s has been breathtaking, particularly in March. The 31-year-old had a hand in ten of Bremen’s 11 goals over a five-game span - a tally only Barcelona’s Lionel Messi (12) could top in the same timeframe. In 2019, a tactical tweak to drop deeper as the tip of a diamond midfield has afforded Kruse a greater freedom on the pitch and allowed him to play an integral role in Bremen’s unbeaten start to the calendar year.

“I wouldn’t put it all down to me,” was Kruse’s humble response to being asked about his impact in the second half of the season. “We spent a lot of time discussing things during the winter break and working out what we could do better.
“You can't pull it off in every game, but we've picked up important points and still haven't lost in the Rückrunde. Nevertheless, we’re still not satisfied and won’t be until we reach our targets.”

In recent seasons, Bremen’s current tally of 46 points would have been enough to achieve their aim of avoiding relegation. In 2018/19, sitting in seventh place with five games left to play is just further proof that times and targets have changed since Germany’s Coach of the Year took over back in April 2018. Handed the captain’s armband in the summer, Kruse has been head coach Florian Kohfeldt’s right-hand man in a rebuilding process that has seen Bremen evolve from relegation candidates to top-six hopefuls. “Max is doing a great job, both on and off the pitch,” Kohfeldt said when assessing his star striker’s recent performances. “He creates the balance between relaxed and totally focused on a Matchday. He is a difference maker.”

Kruse’s qualities are evidenced by the fact he’s finished as top scorer for seven straight seasons despite representing five different clubs in that time. The captain’s armband, though, has only extended his influence as he looks to do it for a third straight season in Bremen. “I haven't calmed down, but I've certainly developed,” Kruse said. “Irrespective of whether they're positive or negative, you learn things from every situation life throws at you. Ultimately, I haven't changed much, but I have taken on more responsibility because as the captain you represent the club and the city.” On the pitch, Kruse has shouldered the responsibility like the seasoned professional he is and currently tops the Bremen charts in terms of goals scored (ten) and assists (nine). More impressive, though, is that he leads the entire Bundesliga in terms of chances created in the current campaign.

In Werder’s 3-1 win over Mainz, the Weserstadion witnessed the latest in a series of ‘Masterclasses by Max’ that had previously left Schalke and Leverkusen by the wayside. Yet no superhero is complete without a sidekick and, in Milot Rashica, Kruse has the perfect foil. “They fit very well together in terms of their understanding of the game - Milot with his runs in deep, Max with his vision,” admitted Kohfeldt of the most dynamic duo in Northern Germany.

Kruse’s quick thinking led to Rashica’s opener and, after Bremen’s captain doubled the lead before half-time, the Kosovo international returned the favour as Kruse notched the 10th brace of his Bundesliga career. “The more we play together the better it works. Everyone knows Max’s quality on the ball and he expects certain movements from me as a forward. We practice that a lot,” said Rashica, who himself has netted seven times in 2019, with Kruse the provider for three of them. It’s a prolific partnership that has drawn comparisons with the title-winning collaboration between Ailton and Ivan Klasnic in 2004. For Kruse, that’s an “exaggeration”, but he can’t deny being at the heart of Werder’s wave of euphoria as both player and club look to hit their targets: “I want to play in Europe and it would be great to do that with Bremen.”
Excellent shout Rurik. You're right, he looks tailor made to drop into the Bobby position.

Bar vvd, I would happy swap any of players for mbappe. Thats a player who can take us to another level. not van de beek, who may be a decent player

Forgive me for being blunt, but that's an awful analysis Doc.

/rant

So Hazard is going to be a big loss for Chelsea because he represents a significant proportion of any goal threat they have carried, you say. Whereas Eriksen leaving could be a blessing in disguise for Spurs and he doesn't seem like the same player?

Eriksen has assisted more goals than any other player in the Premier League since 2013. In Feb the count was six more than nr. 2 in the list.

This season, his poor one as you claim, he recorded 12 assists compared to Hazard's 15. He even scored 8 goals from his midfield position to boot. This was in the Premiership alone, as he was also quite pivotal in Spurs reaching the Champions League final. Dele Alli has looked like a MK Dons player all season and Kane was injured for the last 3 months. Eriksen and Son have carried Spurs most of the season.

To boot, Eriksen covers more ground than any other Spurs player and he creates more chances than anyone in the league.

So unlike what you believe if Eriksen leaves Spurs their loss will be absolutely immense and about in the same bracket as Chelsea losing Hazard.

/rant over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom