1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by King Binny, Feb 9, 2021.

1. refugee

refugee 4 * Xpert 11 Champ + only Veisercount Cup winner Member

It'll be that, and our unwillingness to lose money on him, as no other team is going to see that injury record and spend £35M.

I think I rate him more than most on here, whilst acknowledging that injuries have taken their toll and he'll need to play a lot of games and have a full preseason if he's to stand any chance of getting close to his potential. Also I think supporters underestimate the importance of the academy grown rule, and the difficulty in getting the best players that meet that criteria. He also seems like a good guy, and is probably doing no harm to the dressing room harmony.

If we can get £25M or so then we should probably get rid and get someone more robust in, but I just can't see that happening.

In the likely event no-one wants to pay for him, then I don't see any harm in keeping him, signing some good competition in that area, and making him force his way into the team rather than him being given time because we don't have anyone else.

Or we can just do a Dwayne Dibbley and swap him and Origi for Barnes. Reduce the wage bill and improve our quality.

2. tombrown

tombrown Part of the Furniture Member

Article: France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, has told Paris St-Germain he intends to see out the remainder of his contract, which ends in the summer of 2022. (Sport - in Spanish)

In other words we've had a word to say we cant afford a fee, at this stage, but if he can hang on for 12 months we'll have him on a free

darkstarexodus and SummerOnions like this.
  3. Hansern

Hansern SCM Addict Member

His wage demands would still be astronomical. But I think we have a chance. Can see Salah leaving after next season.

4. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

I can see Klopp fashioning Barnes into the player he thought Ox would become. That said, I like his potential far more than the player he is now - for what he actually delivers on the pitch at the moment the money quoted for him is insane.

jan likes this.
  5. The Nomad

The Nomad Well-Known Member

Because of his wage demands. We have no chance.

6. tomasjj

tomasjj Well-Known Member

Or that Sarr lad from Watford. Stormer against us, then not too much.

7. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

8 goals and 3 assists from 23 PL games as an attacking midfielder, there aren't many players delivering more. Which of our midfielders would you put up against that?

I'm not aware of what the price being thrown around is but we've probably missed the window where he would have been good value, same with Grealish. If you are looking at going PL players, more so English players you need to gamble on them before they have a breakout season. Similar to how we got Jota

8. tomasjj

I remember a small rumour last summer, I think, that we were looking at Barnes actually.

9. tomasjj

You have to wonder how PSG will react though, maybe they will try and put him on the market in the summer to get a fee.

10. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

He’s presently a winger, not a midfielder, so you need to compare his output with our front 3 players (bearing in mind the mooted £60M transfer fee) That said, the “potential” I talk about is him potentially moving to the central midfield like Ox did and using his goal-scoring prowess there, which could indeed make him stand out.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  11. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

M'Bappe situation is interesting. Of course there is no way PSG can afford/keep happy Neymar, M'Bappe and Messi (PSG clearly want him - even posting a pic of him in a PSG shirt) ! To me that seems to indicate they are prepared to let him go, which would be insane but then the chance to have Messi before he goes to pot is difficult to resist for a team like PSG.

But then long term there is no contest so for PSG it's one or the other plus Neymar (confirmed). So Messi or M'Bappe to City ? Likely the only club that could afford either of them.

12. tomasjj

I'd stay away from Messi if I were them.

13. King Binny

King Binny Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

Article: Liverpool decided to pull out of the race for Dayot Upamecano due to fears he would not fit well alongside Virgil Van Dijk, it has been claimed.

Upamecano has established himself as one of the most promising defenders in Europe in recent years. Hence, a number of clubs have been showing an interest in him.

Liverpool were among those to be linked, as they looked for cover for the injured Van Dijk.

Chelsea and Manchester United also wanted to bring Upamecano to the Premier League. However, the French defender has chosen a different route.

Bayern Munich have announced they have agreed a deal to sign Upamecano from RB Leipzig. He will head to Munich for the beginning of next season.

It could be something the Premier League clubs come to regret. The 22-year-old looks to have a big future and his value will only increase from the €42.5m Bayern have paid for him.

Liverpool, though, seem to be sure they have made the right decision.

According to Goal, the Premier League champions did consider a move for Upamecano. However, he was not a serious name on their shortlist.

The main reason they doubted Upamecano was because he plays on the same side of a centre-back pairing as Van Dijk.

14. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

Who the fuck would buy Ox, Shaq or Keita for any money? I can see us letting them go on a free but no-one is spending money on them. They play about half an hour a month

15. Bradley

Bradley Very Well-Known Member

How are Bournemouth doing?

If they get promoted we might have a trio of dealz waiting for them.

SummerOnions, Donavan Ried and Hass like this.
  16. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Administrator Administrator

Mbappe's big money will come from commercial deals, with nike especially.
    We're bigger than City in that regard, with far far more pull globally speaking despite what City will do with the quadruple this year.
    Mbappe has come off as a really good, down to earth kid.
    We can only hope he's not one of those really good, down to earth thundercunt kids who are tempted by that whooping thundercunt Pep.

17. refugee

refugee 4 * Xpert 11 Champ + only Veisercount Cup winner Member

We did manage to get money for Andy Carroll once

18. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

19. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Administrator Administrator

20. the count

the count SCM's least favourite muppet Honorary Member

Caleta-Car at a Marseille presser today

Quote:
    I received an offer from Liverpool. It was an honour for me to know that such a club wanted me.

We decided with the club that I was going to stay.

Marseille is also a great club and I still have a lot of improving to do here.