• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer Origi and Shaqiri straight swap for Leandro Trossard (B&A)
The Ox straight swap for Daniel Podence (Wolves)

Two better more consistent players no money spent and a fall ing the wage bill. What's not to like
When you say straight swaps, you have to prove the other clubs want our cast-offs

https://theathletic.com/news/konsa-aston-villa-liverpool-tottenham/iYNGuwcgHp8V
[article]
Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa is on the radar of Premier League rivals Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur ahead of the summer transfer window.

Konsa, 23, has enjoyed an impressive campaign in Villa’s defence and is also in contention for international recognition with England, as first reported in David Ornstein’s weekly column.

How has Konsa performed this season?
Konsa has been an unsung hero in his team’s eye-catching rise to eighth place, helping them register nine clean sheets in his 20 appearances so far this campaign.

The 23-year-old, who signed for Villa from Brentford in 2019 for £12 million, has formed an impressive partnership with Tyrone Mings in the heart of the club’s defence.

What comes next?
Villa will hope to extend a contract that is scheduled to expire in 2023, especially with the player believed to be one of the options Liverpool and Tottenham are studying as they seek to bolster their defences in the next transfer window.

He was on Spurs’ radar when Toby Alderweireld’s £25 million release clause became active in the summer of 2019, only for the Belgium international to stay in north London.

What does his international future hold?
As a partner to Mings at one of Gareth Southgate’s former clubs, Konsa will be well known to the England boss and is under consideration.

Another factor in his favour is his journey through the FA’s youth system, having formed part of England’s 2017 Under-20 World Cup-winning squad and subsequently won seven under-21 caps.

The FA will be aware that Konsa still qualifies to represent DR Congo and Angola at senior level via his father and mother respectively, while The Athletic has learned he would also be eligible to turn out for Portugal and that the European champions are following him closely.

Where can I find out more?
For more on Konsa’s future — as well as news on Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham future and yesterday’s VAR controversy at West Brom — Go Deeper with David Ornstein’s weekly column below.
[/article]

https://theathletic.com/news/konsa-aston-villa-liverpool-tottenham/iYNGuwcgHp8V
[article]
Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa is on the radar of Premier League rivals Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur ahead of the summer transfer window.

Konsa, 23, has enjoyed an impressive campaign in Villa’s defence and is also in contention for international recognition with England, as first reported in David Ornstein’s weekly column.

How has Konsa performed this season?
Konsa has been an unsung hero in his team’s eye-catching rise to eighth place, helping them register nine clean sheets in his 20 appearances so far this campaign.

The 23-year-old, who signed for Villa from Brentford in 2019 for £12 million, has formed an impressive partnership with Tyrone Mings in the heart of the club’s defence.

What comes next?
Villa will hope to extend a contract that is scheduled to expire in 2023, especially with the player believed to be one of the options Liverpool and Tottenham are studying as they seek to bolster their defences in the next transfer window.

He was on Spurs’ radar when Toby Alderweireld’s £25 million release clause became active in the summer of 2019, only for the Belgium international to stay in north London.

What does his international future hold?
As a partner to Mings at one of Gareth Southgate’s former clubs, Konsa will be well known to the England boss and is under consideration.

Another factor in his favour is his journey through the FA’s youth system, having formed part of England’s 2017 Under-20 World Cup-winning squad and subsequently won seven under-21 caps.

The FA will be aware that Konsa still qualifies to represent DR Congo and Angola at senior level via his father and mother respectively, while The Athletic has learned he would also be eligible to turn out for Portugal and that the European champions are following him closely.

Where can I find out more?
For more on Konsa’s future — as well as news on Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham future and yesterday’s VAR controversy at West Brom — Go Deeper with David Ornstein’s weekly column below.
[/article]

I can't wait to see who Dwayne Dibley will straight swap Konsa for.

Melissa Reddy was on an Irish radio station criticising the speed of our transfer dealing in January, saying that we would have gotten our main target Caleta-Car, if we had given Marseille enough time to find his replacement.
I wonder will we back in for him come the summer window?

Melissa Reddy was on an Irish radio station criticising the speed of our transfer dealing in January, saying that we would have gotten our main target Caleta-Car, if we had given Marseille enough time to find his replacement.
That's been well documented already.

You don't need Mel to tell you that, when I even could have told you that.

That's been well documented already.
I am aware that the news about Caleta Car was old news.
I was asking if people think if we are going to make another move for him or will we have a different target in mind

I am aware that the news about Caleta Car was old news.
I was asking if people think if we are going to make another move for him or will we have a different target in mind

I'm guessing it will probably depend on how Kabak (and to a lesser extent Davis) does. VVD, Gomez, Kabak, Davis and Matip are probably enough.

If we lose Matip then we might need someone even if Kabak/Davis impresses. However, I'm assuming we don't lose Matip as clubs wont want to gamble on him and his wages will be fairly high.

We are bound to keep Gomez due to his age, ability (he's a very good player, despite some of the criticism he gets), nationality (academy grown rule) and our history in persevering with injured players.

As I mentioned in another thread, I can't imagine we'll have an enormous amount of money to spend due to Covid (unless we get external investment or a big sale, but the Redball stuff seems to be on the backburner and other clubs will be feeling the financial pinch). And surely we have a few areas we need to strengthen that are probably higher priority like replacing Wijnaldum if he goes, planning for post Milner, replacing the weaker backup players (Oxo, Shaq, Keita, Origi etc.)

We are bound to keep Gomez due to his age, ability (he's a very good player, despite some of the criticism he gets), nationality (academy grown rule) and our history in persevering with injured players.

I agree, but my fear is the same logic will be used to justify keeping Ox on the books.

I wonder if Neto will leave Wolves next season? Looks a talented player.

Remember when we used to sign players based on them having a good game against us? Bring that back for Harvey Barnes

Hes a very good playe but he's only 23 and he's having his best season of his career, he'd cost a bomb.

I agree, but my fear is the same logic will be used to justify keeping Ox on the books.
It'll be that, and our unwillingness to lose money on him, as no other team is going to see that injury record and spend £35M.

I think I rate him more than most on here, whilst acknowledging that injuries have taken their toll and he'll need to play a lot of games and have a full preseason if he's to stand any chance of getting close to his potential. Also I think supporters underestimate the importance of the academy grown rule, and the difficulty in getting the best players that meet that criteria. He also seems like a good guy, and is probably doing no harm to the dressing room harmony.

If we can get £25M or so then we should probably get rid and get someone more robust in, but I just can't see that happening.

In the likely event no-one wants to pay for him, then I don't see any harm in keeping him, signing some good competition in that area, and making him force his way into the team rather than him being given time because we don't have anyone else.

Or we can just do a Dwayne Dibbley and swap him and Origi for Barnes. Reduce the wage bill and improve our quality.

[article]France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, has told Paris St-Germain he intends to see out the remainder of his contract, which ends in the summer of 2022. (Sport - in Spanish)[/article]

In other words we've had a word to say we cant afford a fee, at this stage, but if he can hang on for 12 months we'll have him on a free

His wage demands would still be astronomical. But I think we have a chance. Can see Salah leaving after next season.

Hes a very good playe but he's only 23 and he's having his best season of his career, he'd cost a bomb.

I can see Klopp fashioning Barnes into the player he thought Ox would become. That said, I like his potential far more than the player he is now - for what he actually delivers on the pitch at the moment the money quoted for him is insane.

Reactions: jan
I can see Klopp fashioning Barnes into the player he thought Ox would become. That said, I like his potential far more than the player he is now - for what he actually delivers on the pitch at the moment the money quoted for him is insane.

8 goals and 3 assists from 23 PL games as an attacking midfielder, there aren't many players delivering more. Which of our midfielders would you put up against that?

I'm not aware of what the price being thrown around is but we've probably missed the window where he would have been good value, same with Grealish. If you are looking at going PL players, more so English players you need to gamble on them before they have a breakout season. Similar to how we got Jota

[article]France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, has told Paris St-Germain he intends to see out the remainder of his contract, which ends in the summer of 2022. (Sport - in Spanish)[/article]

In other words we've had a word to say we cant afford a fee, at this stage, but if he can hang on for 12 months we'll have him on a free

You have to wonder how PSG will react though, maybe they will try and put him on the market in the summer to get a fee.

8 goals and 3 assists from 23 PL games as an attacking midfielder, there aren't many players delivering more. Which of our midfielders would you put up against that?

I'm not aware of what the price being thrown around is but we've probably missed the window where he would have been good value, same with Grealish. If you are looking at going PL players, more so English players you need to gamble on them before they have a breakout season. Similar to how we got Jota

He’s presently a winger, not a midfielder, so you need to compare his output with our front 3 players (bearing in mind the mooted £60M transfer fee) That said, the “potential” I talk about is him potentially moving to the central midfield like Ox did and using his goal-scoring prowess there, which could indeed make him stand out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom