• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The who should we sign in January thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much what @RedStar said. Let’s not play Fantasy Football, we’re not getting Varane, Laporte or Koulibaly. So who are these masses of CBs that are available and are as good (or nearly) as VVD?

Again, I never said that they were available, I simple said that there were plenty out there. So it is not "Fanasty Football" as you care to put it.
For me it boils down to a couple of things

A) Does Klopp want the player, (and by that I mean if he could have any player would he be free to buy that player without the owners say so)

B) Are we (LFC) willing to giving Klopp the money he needs to buy that player

C) Is that player willing to come

For, we wasted £40m buying the Ox and pay him £75,000 per week, and he is only ever good for at most 20 mins on the pitch. Sell
Divock Origi is on £60,000 per week he has been crap for so long. Sell
Shaqiri can't get a run in the side £80,000 per week... Sell

In wages alone there's £215,000 pw and £50mil plus in transfer money to put towards a top class CB

But If it is young cheap talent you are after here is a couple of homegrown (British) ones for you

John Souttar (24) Hearts
Ben Cabango (20) Swansea
Cédric Kipré (24) Motherwell
Scott McKenna (24) Aberdeen
Kristoffer Ajer (22) Celtic

Last edited:
Again, I never said that they were available, I simple said that there were plenty out there. So it is not "Fanasty Football" as you care to put it.

A) Does Klopp want the player, (and by that I mean if he could have any player would how be free to buy that player without the owners say so)

For, we wasted £40m buying the Ox and pay him £75,000 per week, and he is only ever good for at most 20 mins on the pitch. Sell

In wages alone there's £215,000 pw and £50mil plus in transfer money to put towards a top class CB

But If it is young ceap talent you are after here is a couple of homegrown (British) ones for you

John Souttar (24) Hearts
Ben Cabango (20) Swansea

Brilliant. Let's sign John Soutter who hasn't played since February.

Scott McKenna doesn't even play for Aberdeen. Did your parents not buy you the new version of Football Manager?

Fans are always the same, though - if we bring in a CB who is okay for the time and price but nothing that special, there'll be a couple of weeks of 'thank god for that,' followed by months of moaning that he's not good enough. Bring back Klavan!

I sometimes think I was Klavan's only supporter. I rated him, legend of Burnley - or as a former poster affectionately called him - "The Estonian Binman"

But you make a point - if we can get someone of that quality who is comfortable on the ball and also captain of his national side - it will do for now to play him alongside Fab. After all most here are content on waiting for the main two cripples to come back to support VVD on his return.

Carra etc suggesting not buying a CB will cost us the title is laughable anyways, drawing matches due to our profilgacy infront of goal or more accurately, inability to even create meaningful chances will be what costs us the title.

Carra etc suggesting not buying a CB will cost us the title is laughable anyways, drawing matches due to our profilgacy infront of goal or more accurately, inability to even create meaningful chances will be what costs us the title.

That's the thing - you dont' seem to get that having the confidence to attack knowing your covered at the back is a big thing. These attacks are not quick enough because of our defensive issues. Does that goal against WBA happen without Matip ? - No it don't. But I am a nobody/an armchair fan that has watched football for a long time and I fucking hate playing the sport myself but appreciate the game, so you can tell me to fuck my theory up the arse, but the least you can do is listen to the link to that youtube review vid where M.Owen and Eddie Howe discuss the importance of your defenders to support a quick attack and how mentally it affects players from midfield to attack when you have a dodgy defence or something to worry about at the back.

A) Does Klopp want the player, (and by that I mean if he could have any player would how be free to buy that player without the owners say so)

But If it is young ceap talent you are after here is a couple of homegrown (British) ones for you

John Souttar (24) Hearts
Ben Cabango (20) Swansea

Genuine question, is English actually your first language? I don’t want to be overly harsh.

What you actually originally said was that we should go and get someone as good, or nearly as good, as Virg. But you are now saying they’re not necessarily available. What?

Then you said “Yes, there are so great ones out there, maybe not millions, but many great ones”. Many. MANY. Then you (incorrectly) named a load of Football Manager wonderkids. What?!

So who are these players you were originally talking about that we should get and that are as good as Virg?

Genuine question, is English actually your first language? I don’t want to be overly harsh.

What you actually originally said was that we should go and get someone as good, or nearly as good, as Virg. But you are now saying they’re not necessarily available. What?

Then you said “Yes, there are so great ones out there, maybe not millions, but many great ones”. Many. MANY. Then you (incorrectly) named a load of Football Manager wonderkids. What?!

So who are these players you were originally talking about that we should get and that are as good as Virg?

you don’t know about the lizard cloning factory?

I dunno about you lot but I’m loving Barry ‘the back seat man’, is he doing some weird play on the ‘The Doors’ song? Or the 1961 British caper movie? Fair play. It’s so weird it should be applauded.

Maybe it is me or maybe it is you just not understanding, or choosing not too

Was VVd available..? Southhampton was happy with the money offered but the were not try to actively sell him, same can be said for most players...i.e the are not actively available until the right offer comes in for them

Again the so call wonderkids were just showning you that there are some cheap CB out there...

I said what I meant when I stated "Think that we need someone close too, or on par with VVD now, and then another good young CB in the summer"

You seem to be obsessed with Football Manager game etc... Me I don't, and never have played them

Last edited:
Brilliant. Let's sign John Soutter who hasn't played since February.

Scott McKenna doesn't even play for Aberdeen. Did your parents not buy you the new version of Football Manager?

LOL that was so funny... I made a mistake and you spotted it, I stated Aberdeen when I should have stated Nottingham Forest... Weldone. I can see nothing gets passed you. Guess you must own new version of Football Manager then.

Some poeple get all the best toys

LOL that was so funny... I made a mistake and you spotted it, I stated Aberdeen when I should have stated Nottingham Forest... Weldone. I can see nothing gets passed you. Guess you must own new version of Football Manager then.

Some poeple get all the best toys

Well since you've doubled down on looking a bit thick. Cédric Kipré has had 2 clubs since Motherwell, so your not even using last year's Football Manager.

Last edited:
Maybe it is me or maybe it is you just not understanding, or choosing not too

Was VVd available..? Southhampton was happy with the money offered but the were not try to actively sell him, same can be said for most players...i.e the are not actively available until the right offer comes in for them

Again the so call wonderkids were just showning you that there are some cheap CB out there...

I said what I meant when I stated "Think that we need someone close too, or on par with VVD now, and then another good young CB in the summer"

You seem to be obsessed with Football Manager game etc... Me I don't, and never have played them
You’re retarded and you spout bollocks. Who are these “many” players that are as good as VVD that are available? If they are so plentiful why is it so hard for you to name them?

Well since you've doubled down on looking a bit thick. Cédric Kipré has had 2 clubs since Motherwell, so your not even using last year's Football Manager.

Is Football Manager even a thing..?

The only reason we are here, in this discussion is that I made this comment ... "Think that we need someone close too, or on par with VVD now, and then another good young CB in the summer" and it was twisted to "Cheap centrebacks" in "Within reasonable parameters, and in a January transfer window,"
Here is my oringal post
"Think that we need someone close too, or on par with VVD now, and then another good young CB inthe summer. As much as I like Matip, both He and Gomez are injury prone and should be moved on. Fab whilevery good at CB was not bought to play that role and I would like to see him playing the in front of the back four, protecting them and breaking up play in the middle of the park."

Me naming those CB I did was to anwser his question
So

Lets buy one of those cheap centre backs that’s as good, or nearly as good as Virgil. Because there are fucking millions of them lying around. Ffs.

reguarding cheap centrebacks the we could hope to buy

I have just name a few players I know of as possible buy, and if they have moved clubs, or are injured I don't really see the difference that make to their ability to play CB, unless you think it does

But FSG aren't going to fund a deal for someone anywhere near as good as VVD this month unless the player is available at some freakishly cheap price, and - this is really clear - they are not inclined to countenance any move in the summer for any 'good young CBs' because they already think we have them in Koumetio and Williams, followed by the likes of Boyes, Jonas and Savage. Their position is and will be: 'We expect these two players to come through, followed eventually by one or two of the others, so why bring in any more? What will they do? When will they play? Work with what you have'. They'll support moves for the next wave of players, so CBs about two or three years younger (or more) than Koumetio (and that will be driven by Inglethorpe rather than Klopp himself), but that's probably it at this stage.

You’re retarded and you spout bollocks. Who are these “many” players that are as good as VVD that are available? If they are so plentiful why is it so hard for you to name them?

There you are... I see you now...
First there was the thinly vailed racist insult, you know the one,

Genuine question, is English actually your first language?

and then come the bile and insults
You’re retarded

I will file it under the old "Stick and Stones". but it is good that now I see what you are all about.

I think it is best that we do not converse, for the sake of others on this site. I will not by answering your posts and if you persist to try and comment on post that I make The only reply I wil give you is this :)

Todays made up rumour.. fits well into Donavans specs of 'cheap' and 'Good'. However is really out of the question due to him being a cunt.

Reports in Spain suggest we are interested in bringing in Sergio Ramos, and he's rejected the 1 year extension offered by Real.

Todays made up rumour.. fits well into Donavans specs of 'cheap' and 'Good'. However is really out of the question due to him being a cunt.

Reports in Spain suggest we are interested in bringing in Sergio Ramos, and he's rejected the 1 year extension offered by Real.

HAHAHAH

But FSG aren't going to fund a deal for someone anywhere near as good as VVD this month unless the player is available at some freakishly cheap price, and - this is really clear - they are not inclined to countenance any move in the summer for any 'good young CBs' because they already think we have them in Koumetio and Williams, followed by the likes of Boyes, Jonas and Savage. Their position is and will be: 'We expect these two players to come through, followed eventually by one or two of the others, so why bring in any more? What will they do? When will they play? Work with what you have'. They'll support moves for the next wave of players, so CBs about two or three years younger (or more) than Koumetio (and that will be driven by Inglethorpe rather than Klopp himself), but that's probably it at this stage.

I agree, but if they were as good as some feel they are as owers then they would...

I feel that Klopp has done himself no favors with FSG. By that I mean he has over achieved with the players he has and the money he was allowed to spend and now FSG expects him to continue in the same vein, or they feel if they press him he can find another Coutinho that the club can buy on the cheap and sell for 100 plus mil.

But were I take issue with Klopp is players who either do not fit his sytem or is simple not good enough he is slow to move them on. As much as I like the VVD/Matip CB pairing (It is a whole lot better thand VVD/Gomez imo) Matip should be sold. He spend to much time on the injury list, and same can be said of Gomez and the Ox.... Shaqiri simple does not suit the system which is why he rarely plays, and Origi is shot...

If he moved these players on,used the money form their sale, plus whatever pittance FSG choose give him he could buy a Quality CB

Nothing would stop me supporting Liverpool Fc... But IF we were to sign that cunt I would seriously have to reconsider

Nothing would stop me supporting Liverpool Fc... But IF we were to sign that cunt I would seriously have to reconsider
You say that, but we'd all fall in love with him if he grabbed one Fernandes/James/Pogba/Cavani/Rashford/Martial* and dislocated their shoulder (and made them cry), whilst they were in the act of diving for another penalty.

*take your pick.

I feel that Klopp has done himself no favors with FSG. By that I mean he has over achieved with the players he has and the money he was allowed to spend and now FSG expects him to continue in the same vein, or they feel if they press him he can find another Coutinho that the club can buy on the cheap and sell for 100 plus mil.

I agree. And the pressure to keep that going will only increase now that everyone is in the same place at Kirkby and there's a proper 'transition' coach who develops the kids for the first team squad. And that's great so long as we still have enough pragmatism to see when there's an urgent need to go for a tried and tested talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom