• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was so wonderful to that first 50.

Its terrible how Injury has ruined his career for us. He was just unplayable his first 18 months.

Id give anyhing to see that Sturridge again tearing defences apart. He is such a naturally gifted finisher.

Id give anyhing to see that Sturridge again tearing defences apart. He is such a naturally gifted finisher.

Weirdly the thing that sticks out for me from that period aren't his goals but effortless and nonchalant his general play seemed.

First touch wasn't even a thing because the ball just attached itself to him, time and space... not a problem, everyone else would wait whilst he did his thing, 30 yard pass... meh, there ya go.

Such shame.

Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge on changing his role to give Klopp more options

Daniel Sturridge is ready to go back for the future - and is happy to embrace a change of role to earn more first team opportunities under Jurgen Klopp.

But the striker, who has plundered 63 goals in his Liverpool career, will have to challenge for a place one of the most competitive areas of the squad if he is to be successful in that aim.

During five increasingly bright and purposeful pre-season run-outs, Sturridge has dropped deeper into a no.10 role rather than playing on the shoulder of the last defender as Reds fans are more used to seeing him.
And the switch has helped him top score for the Reds so far in pre-season with three goals.
Sturridge told liverpoolfc.com playing deeper is a role which appeals to him.
"Playing on the shoulder is what I like to do, but it’s also important to come and get involved and get in and around the opposition’s No.6," he said.

0_GettyImages-1004096320.jpg

Daniel Sturridge shows his appreciation to the fans at the end of the International Champions Cup 2018 match between Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund at Bank of America Stadium on July 22, 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Image: Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
"It’s adding more strings to my bow and giving the manager more options if he needs to play me deeper."

Sturridge added: “I’m probably just doing more. It’s important for me to try to get involved.
“But wherever I play, it doesn’t matter – it’s just important to get the minutes.”

"It’s an evolution that has occurred naturally rather than on instruction.
“It has just happened. I think I’ve always been capable of doing that but I’ve always been on the shoulder, so I haven’t done it as often as I am now,” adds Sturridge.

0_JS158248946.jpg

Manager Jurgen Klopp and Daniel Sturridge during training in The Westin Charlette Hotel on July 23, 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Image: John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
“But it doesn’t matter where I play or which role I’m in, as long as I’m out there and pushing myself to my limits. The minutes are important in pre-season, putting your best foot forward and working as hard as you can.”
Dropping deeper down the pitch brings Sturridge into closer proximity with new signing Naby Keita and the pair linked to devastating effect at Blackburn for Sturridge to score.
Sturridge is happy to be close to Keita - on and off the pitch.
“I love that guy. I’m surprised how good he is actually, if I’m honest. I knew he was good but I don’t watch German football too often,” he added.
“I haven’t seen a midfielder like him for a while, he is something different. It’s crazy. The things he can do with the ball – he can defend, he can pass, he can dribble, he is fast, he is strong. He has got everything.
“I’m excited to see what he does in the Premier League and the Champions League.
“I sit next to him in the changing room and we have a lot of banter; my French is terrible but I try my best. His English is OK. We share some good times and have a lot of laughs together. I like him a lot, he’s a good guy.”

It's a stud. You shouldn't have a problem with that, you've got two grown men groping eachother in your avatar.

That's Diaz strangling the life out of someone that would probably also have one of these studs.
Back to Sturridge, he's got got 12months left on his contract and has a nose stud, he's got to be sold. Whatever happens if we keep him is a lose/lose - he either is his usual self, is broken all season and we pay his huge wages and waste money for a year as usual, or, he'll play ok and score some goals and fuck off on a free as there's no way he'd stay out of the goodness of his heart on lower wages than he's currently on, he's not the sort.

That's Diaz strangling the life out of someone that would probably also have one of these studs.
Back to Sturridge, he's got got 12months left on his contract and has a nose stud, he's got to be sold. Whatever happens if we keep him is a lose/lose - he either is his usual self, is broken all season and we pay his huge wages and waste money for a year as usual, or, he'll play ok and score some goals and fuck off on a free as there's no way he'd stay out of the goodness of his heart on lower wages than he's currently on, he's not the sort.

Nobody is

I think it's sort of the position that Wilshere got in. He accidentally got a bloated contract he should have never got, then got perma-crocked and when it came to an end they just couldn't put him back on that money. We're better off selling him now and making a bit whilst he's not injured yet.

I think it's sort of the position that Wilshere got in. He accidentally got a bloated contract he should have never got, then got perma-crocked and when it came to an end they just couldn't put him back on that money. We're better off selling him now and making a bit whilst he's not injured yet.

I think if we signed Fekir, then Studge would be straight out the door to free up a wage. As it is, we need to hang on to him. We don't need the 20 mill we might make from a sale.

I think if we signed Fekir, then Studge would be straight out the door to free up a wage. As it is, we need to hang on to him. We don't need the 20 mill we might make from a sale.

At his best, I'd take Studgr over Fekir.

At their worst....well they're both bodily fucked aren't they?

And if you don't need 20 million, what's the harm in paying this guy to hang around for one more year, and scoring 15 goals in the process?

At his best, I'd take Studgr over Fekir.

At their worst....well they're both bodily fucked aren't they?

And if you don't need 20 million, what's the harm in paying this guy to hang around for one more year, and scoring 15 goals in the process?

I think the main problem is that he's made out of pringles, and the best chance of him playing for more than 20 minutes of competitive football this season is seeing if we can borrow Oscar Pistorius's legs for him.

Echo and Telegraph reporting that he's staying this season, after impressing Klopp. Will run the contract into his final year and a decision will be taken next summer.
Same with Moreno (cries) and Klavan.

He may as well play as a number 10 as he comes deep far too often and is really slow in getting back into the striker position as it is. The only problem with that is his passing isn't always great, his hold up play is weak and his tendency to think he can dribble around everyone when he actually gets dispossessed alarmingly easily. Apart from that it's a great idea. Let get the fella who can't run to not run, genius.
The best part of his game has always been his finishing and how we can benefit from that when he's even further away from goal i have no idea.

Echo and Telegraph reporting that he's staying this season, after impressing Klopp. Will run the contract into his final year and a decision will be taken next summer.
Same with Moreno (cries) and Klavan.
This is financially really silly. Either give them a 1 year extension or sell. Moreno is worth £15m plus. Klavan is £12m. Or at the very least sell them in Jan transfer window.

I really wish Sturridge would get a song. Seems a travesty he hasn't. Especially if he knuckles down and accepts whatever role Klopp has in mind and is able to contribute in some meaningful way, fans should reciprocate with a tune.

I think the main problem is that he's made out of pringles, and the best chance of him playing for more than 20 minutes of competitive football this season is seeing if we can borrow Oscar Pistorius's legs for him.

BRING ON YER POLISH PEPERAMI

He was so wonderful to that first 50.

Its terrible how Injury has ruined his career for us. He was just unplayable his first 18 months.

He scored 36 goals in his first 50 games for us which is bettered by only Salah and George Allan in 1895.

When he's crocked
He should have his wages docked
Danny Studge, Danny Studge
Coz when he cries
Even klopp thinks that its lies
His faith in God
Does nothing for the sod

etc

Better than no song.
And maybe his ears are crocked too and he wouldn't notice the lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom