• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Everton (H) - PL - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Nice relatively long rest for this one before the CL semi next week. I can see Klopp doing some minor rotating - Keita & Jota will 100% play, could see Jones on too for the scouse factor.

Our best player at present is Thiago - we need to decide when he rests. For me is it in the CL, although not sure which is the best leg to do that in, arguably the home one as we get a lift from the crowd.

---------------Alisson-------------
Trent--Konate--Virgil--Tsimikas
----------------Fabs------------------
---------Thiago-----Keita-----------
Salah--------Mane--------Jota

This is going to be another electric atmosphere.

Lampard will be telling his players to kick the shit out of us. It's gonna happen.
We can't afford to rest too many players.

I say play Tsimikas, Gomez, Konate, Milner, Firmino and Jota, combined with some of the starters from yesterday's game.

Defo Jota as he’s a sly sod, Jones and Milner at some point to provide the boot

Konate to bully the blag Brazilian

It's so tricky at the moment, there's no space to rest anyone and yet it is essential that we do.

I'd not risk more than 3 changes. Matip, Thiago and Mo or Diaz (Mane needs to play, he loves the physical stuff)? That allows Konate, Naby and Jota in.

It's so tricky at the moment, there's no space to rest anyone and yet it is essential that we do.

I'd not risk more than 3 changes. Matip, Thiago and Mo or Diaz (Mane needs to play, he loves the physical stuff)? That allows Konate, Naby and Jota in.

Yep, Matip, Thiago and Diaz for Konate, Naby / Curtis and Jota.

I'd worry playing Thiago, just cos I worry the bitter cunts will be happy to try injure us on Sunday, as is their style.
Yeh my worry with these bitters is injuries..

Edit; feel confident that konate would survive :D he’s a tank !

If we don’t think they can come through getting hacked to pieces then don’t play them basically

…and Klopp should really be whining in the media about the bad injuries previously and how the ref needs to protect his quad chasers because these thugs could end it

to that end: Konate starts for sure, probably Milner and Thiago gets put somewhere cool out of direct sunlight

Lampard will be telling his players to kick the shit out of us. It's gonna happen.
We can't afford to rest too many players.

I say play Tsimikas, Gomez, Konate, Milner, Firmino and Jota, combined with some of the starters from yesterday's game.

Gomez on the right? I way I play him and Konate in the middle. Is he officially a right back now?

Our best player at present is Thiago - we need to decide when he rests. For me is it in the CL, although not sure which is the best leg to do that in, arguably the home one as we get a lift from the crowd.
I'd argue that we don't rest Thiago for either CL semi : 55-60 mins is perfect. At home it's even more important to establish a lead so we need to put out our strongest team. A nice lead will make the away leg far easier to navigate.

Yeah, Thiago should start on the bench for this one. Everton will be out to break us in half.

I'd worry playing Thiago, just cos I worry the bitter cunts will be happy to try injure us on Sunday, as is their style.

That was going through my head during the game against Utd. There is no way they'd have let him get away with prancing about in the midfield like that.

I would rotate a bit for this game. Konate, Keita, Jota, Firmino (if fit) should all play.

I'm fully on board with some rotation for this one. It's hard to guess who needs it, but I'm more worried about Everton crippling our players rather than tiredness. There's a long summer break ahead.

----------------Alisson
Trent--Konate--VVD--Tsimikas
----------------Fabs
------Keita-----------Jones
--Salah---Bobby/Mane----Jota

Konate should come in for his physicality and set piece threat. I think Trent will be fresher than Robertson. He has a period out to recuperate - whereas Robertson has ploughed on all season. Tsimikas also deserves opportunities in bigger games. Him firing in corners to Konate and VVD will be deadly.

Revamped midfield. Probably won't happen, but we need to manage Henderson's minutes and Keita looks in strong form. Jones in to protect Thiago

Not sure if Bobby will be fit, but Jota and Salah surely nailed onto start.

We have enough in the squad to rotate a few and still win this at a canter. Obviously rest Thiago and I'd be wary about throwing Diaz in from the start - Everton will be putting in some hard tackles in the first 30 mins as markers.

With 5 days to the match I'd want proven Derby Match veterans or big/hard lads. That makes the case for Robbo starting with Tsimikas to start vs Villareal. Hendo in for Thiago and Konate for Matip. My only worry would be Keita but I can't see (and don't want to see) a case for Jones & Hendo at centre-mid.

Trent--Konate--Virgil--Robbo
---------Hendo-----Keita-----------

Jones (for Keita), Milner (into RCM), Gomez (for TAA), Firmino (for Mo or Mane) to help others manage minutes (Hendo dropping back to give Fabs 20 mins if the situation permits).

Yes yes, one game at a time but we must have (and I'm sure Klopp will have) one eye on the Villarreal lineup. So 4 days later it's :

Trent--Matip--Virgil--Tsimikas
---------Keita -----Thiago-----------
Salah--------Mane--------Diaz

Last edited:
Anyone think Klopp might use Konate in the CL? He trusted him in both legs against Benfica, and maybe he'll consider the same against Villareal, giving Matip time to rest and focus on PL/FA Cup?

Anyone think Klopp might use Konate in the CL? He trusted him in both legs against Benfica, and maybe he'll consider the same against Villareal, giving Matip time to rest and focus on PL/FA Cup?
100% nailed on to start the CL semi.

I've said what I'd like to see, but honestly I'm pretty sure Klopp will name an unchanged side.

Nice relatively long rest for this one before the CL semi next week. I can see Klopp doing some minor rotating - Keita & Jota will 100% play, could see Jones on too for the scouse factor.

Trent--Konate--Virgil--Tsimikas
---------Thiago-----Keita-----------

This is going to be another electric atmosphere.

Nah, we definitely need Thiago starting both games vs Villareal - they are extremely well-organized and we’ll struggle to break them down without him.

If possible would bench Mane, Thiago and Van Dijk. Worried bitters would try the usual BS plus Richarlison would be highly energised and flying in like a Moron.

We need them for Villarreal.

Konate to come back in. I'd prefer it if our sicknotes weren't playing against those junkyard dogs, plus Konate loves it when opposition players try to get tasty with him. We're going to have to risk either Virgil or Matip alongside him though.

We can't get involved in a battle. They will kick lumps out of us. Burnley have 2 winnable home games and if they lose to us, and Burnley win, they are in the bottom 3. So they won't playing football against us. Like I'm not saying stand off, just don't take the bait and kick back.

Lampard doesn't respect us so he'll be sending them out saying.." rip into them"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom