• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Chelsea (H) - Saturday 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right with what you say. The one thing the Ox is good at but I wouldn’t trust him out there because of the lack of other attributes.

You’re right with what you say. The one thing the Ox is good at but I wouldn’t trust him out there because of the lack of other attributes.
Ox would have been completely useless in this type of game. Hate to say it, but Shaq came on in a similar situation against Man U and scored two from outside the box ( I think). So, an in form Shaq would have been perfect.
2018-19 Origi would have helped too.

Another gutsy decision would have been to sub Fabinho or Hendo for Konate or Gomez and move Van Dijk upfront. Since all of our attackers were midgets.

Ox would have been completely useless in this type of game. Hate to say it, but Shaq came on in a similar situation against Man U and scored two from outside the box ( I think). So, an in form Shaq would have been perfect.
Definitely agree with you about Ox.

Shaq was a waste of space.

I'd like us to shoot more from outside the box. Arguably our best chances in the half yesterday was fabs effort and hendos
Hugely difficult to find space to shoot against a low block. Even if you get a couple of yards to shoot, chances are you'll just be shooting straight at a defender. Your only options against a set defence with so many players behind the ball is to have a player (or two) who can beat a man. Or a big ass no. 9 who's going to get the ball in the box every time you cross it.

Yep, Shaq was technically maybe the most skilled player in the squad. You need the highest level of technique against a low block.

Yeah, Keita might have helped more than Thiago. We were constantly trying to go wide and make something happen. Would have been helpful if someone was willing to carry the ball through the middle. Kept hoping Elliott would do that but he kept deferring. Keita could have helped perhaps.

Yep, Shaq was technically maybe the most skilled player in the squad. You need the highest level of technique against a low block.

Even then you may not score. Once City went behind in the CL final, they didn't look like scoring. Chelsea are a right bastard if they score first in these big games.

Anyway, it seems we've been saying the same thing for like 3 years now. The 18-19 and 19-20 teams had the same game plan, but managed to simply beat teams into submission through sheer force of will and self-belief. But that team was then in its physical and mental prime. Covid, injuries and a 2 more years of ageing have taken that away. Also opposition managers have had like 4 years to learn and adapt to how we play.

The squad is still very good. But I don't think they have a 95 point season in them without fresh additions. We could do an 85-90 point season perhaps. Don't know if that'll be enough to win the title.

Klopp and Tuchel don't seem to like each other very much.
People think they should automatically be best of friends because their both German and been at a few of the same clubs, they never worked with each other like
Klopp has with Farke & Wagner hence why those 3 all get along.

I'd imagine Tuchel doesn't like being talked as if he's beneath Klopp (which he is) but understandably he's feels a little disrespected and he's jealous about it.

I wouldn't say they don't like each other, it's just a a rivarly that any 2 managers of the same nationality would have in any other country.

People think they should automatically be best of friends because their both German and been at a few of the same clubs, they never worked with each other like
Klopp has with Farke & Wagner hence why those 3 all get along.

I'd imagine Tuchel doesn't like being talked as if he's beneath Klopp (which he is) but understandably he's feels a little disrespected and he's jealous about it.
I can imagine that Klopp is somewhat of a media darling in Germany and Tuchel feels left out or something.

I can imagine that Klopp is somewhat of a media darling in Germany and Tuchel feels left out or something.
Nah nowt to do with themmedia, Klopp hates the media.

I think Mainz and BVB fans both don't show the love to Tuchel like they do to Klopp and that kills him inside.

Nah nowt to do with themmedia, Klopp hates the media.

I think Mainz and BVB fans both don't show the love to Tuchel like they do to Klopp and that kills him inside.
You could be on to something.

Though the new stadium was officially sold out and attendances cited as 34,000, there were thousands of empty seats. Season-ticket holders chose their matches; the sense of a city and club bound up as one wasn’t quite the same.
In trying to explain this, Heidel asked Tuchel what he thought his role was at the club. The manager replied that the coach’s only responsibility should be to develop the team, win games and give fans value for money. Heidel, a gregarious figure himself, wanted to communicate to Tuchel that at Mainz there might be more to it.
‘I was saying that we, as a club, had to be a bit more engaging with our public,’ recalled Heidel. ‘Then a phrase slipped out and I said: “When Kloppo was here…” At that, Thomas let rip and shouted at me. What was I thinking? The conversation was over in that moment. And I thought, “Oops! I’ve obviously hit on a sore point”. He was really upset. That’s where the rivalry with Klopp stems from.’

Chelsea FC has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E20.1 following their Premier League fixture against Liverpool FC on Saturday [28/08/21].
It is alleged that Chelsea FC failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 48th minute of the first half and following the half-time whistle.
Chelsea FC has until Friday [03/09/21] to provide a response to this charge.

Chelsea FC has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E20.1 following their Premier League fixture against Liverpool FC on Saturday [28/08/21].
It is alleged that Chelsea FC failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 48th minute of the first half and following the half-time whistle.
We should be awarded the points and they should get a 72 point deduction.

Hugely difficult to find space to shoot against a low block. Even if you get a couple of yards to shoot, chances are you'll just be shooting straight at a defender. Your only options against a set defence with so many players behind the ball is to have a player (or two) who can beat a man. Or a big ass no. 9 who's going to get the ball in the box every time you cross it.
Should have moved VVD up front for the last 15.

Its a pisstake that the ref and the wider referee team didn't do anything about this at the time. So poor.

late to the party on the post mortem from this but coming in to fire a hot take. We would have won this game if we'd started Naby in CM. Hendo is not yet match sharp, Naby has been good so far. I think he would have been an asset against 10 men too, he favours the left channel and would have added more support to Mane & Robbo, who were largely isolated whilst Hendo joined Elliot, Trent & Mo down the right. We were too dominant down that channel for me - something to work on moving forward.

Phew. Thought I was the only one for a moment.
You need to come to Shanghai mate - seat sniffing heaven ! There are more rental bikes than cars in London (not joking).

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F170306162426-shanghai-bikes-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom