• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Porto Away - CL Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope Spurs are loving this competition so much that they will make another mammoth effort to get something from the City game.

Poch's teamtalk writes itself.

Have God and Macca had plastic surgery or something?

I don't get how they're looking so haggard when they're not that much older than me...

This is the terrible thing that is going to happen. City win a domestic treble, claiming they never wanted to win that corrupt (ha!) CL anyway. Then Spurs beat us in the final, Spergy Kane coming back just in time to help beat us. Then I give up football.

I'd forgotten about the League cup. Yeah, treble. It's even worse.

They dont have to worry about that stadium cluster fuck issue now.

The city's free.
Not sure it"s free, but Macca and Fowler chipped in a fiver each and bought most of it and still got change

Let's hope Spurs are loving this competition so much that they will make another mammoth effort to get something from the City game.

Poch's teamtalk writes itself.

As delighted as we are that City's confidence took a knock today, they essentially won the game tonight still. And have about 5/6 FRESH top class players to come in and rotate.

This Spurs side looked completely fucked at the end, lost their best CM (Sissoko) and will be partying all night, and afford to lose the game on Sunday. I actually don't see the motivation for Poch to risk anyone on Sunday. He will rotate and bring in the likes of Walker Peters and Skipp.

The only thing tonight has done has increased our chances of winning the CL and probably reduced our chances in the league.

P.s. How pissed would we all be had Sterling scored that offside goal on Sunday (and it was a winner), and there was no VAR to chalk it off.

As delighted as we are that City's confidence took a knock today, they essentially won the game tonight still. And have about 5/6 FRESH top class players to come in and rotate.

This Spurs side looked completely fucked at the end, lost their best CM (Sissoko) and will be partying all night, and afford to lose the game on Sunday. I actually don't see the motivation for Poch to risk anyone on Sunday. He will rotate and bring in the likes of Walker Peters and Skipp.

The only thing tonight has done has increased our chances of winning the CL and probably reduced our chances in the league.

They deserved to go through yeah, they were far better, just not very good in defence

P.s. How pissed would we all be had Sterling scored that offside goal on Sunday (and it was a winner), and there was no VAR to chalk it off.

This is exactly what I think will happen.

Conversely, Spurs have a mental edge over City and know how to hurt them, it could go either way, but the one thing we know for sure is that City aren't winning the quadruple, and Spurs will struggle a lot more against Ajax and either us or Barcelona.

You are discounting how destructive this defeat could be mentally. This is the competition they wanted above all others.

You are discounting how destructive this defeat could be mentally. This is the competition they wanted above all others.
I agree but they do have a point. Spurs play Brighton on Tuesday, it would be smart to have their best players fresh for that one.

Last edited:
That's how I see it. The emotional energy they were putting into this quadruple, and the sense of destiny crushed is hopefully going to have an effect. Meanwhile the Spurs lads will walk out feeling 10 foot tall in a stadium in which they've just created their favourite footballing memory. The Spurs supporters are going to make it sound like a home game too in the Emptyhad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom